Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2017, 11:18 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times

Advertisements

What investigation?

The guy was a SEAL and he went on a mission. Soldiers die on missions, from all manner of causes: from lead, to crashes, to shrapnel, to friendly fire.

When you sign up for the most hazardous job in the world, and participate in one of the most hazardous tasks in the world, there is a large chance of death. I feel for the family, as a person who has lost close family to war, but the job is the job and the father needs to accept that without politicizing his son's job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 11:41 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
did Obama served? did Hillary served? did Bubba Clinton served? are they Chicken hawks too?.....how many military deaths under their orders and policies caused?

but of course this is one more excuse to bash Trump.

if his father doesn't want to talk to Trump that's fine but his son joined the most elite unit (or one of ) in the armed forces and most of their missions are behind enemy lines gathering INTEL. That's their job....his son knew that when he volunteer to sign up, when he was training and when he graduated a Seal and kept doing missions to stay qualified. He signed a contract and most of their missions and reasons are classified so his dad can't be demanding details of the mission or missions and why?

Trump playing golf has nothing to do with it because all Presidents play golf including Bubba and Barry.

Are they Chickenhawks. Depends on your definition.
  • Obama - No, not called. He did not need an excuse not to go. He sent soldiers into war. Not a war drum beater.
  • Hillary - No, not called. Not required to go.
  • Clinton - No, was called. Found reasons not to go. He did not start any wars, but US did participate. Not a war drum beater.
  • tRump - Yes, was called. Found a reason not to go. He sent soldiers into war. Is a war drum beater.
Whether or not the son volunteered has little to nothing to do with the fathers desire to know if his son's life was wasted or not. If I was looking for an explanation, I would not want one from someone who did not have a direct and immediate involvement in the decision. The reference to golf is to say that tRump probably has no feeling about the sons death that would trouble him any longer than it would take to play a round of golf.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:50 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Father of SEAL killed in Yemen raid spurned meeting with Trump, wants answers | Miami Herald

Owens’ father, Bill, had learned only a short time before the ceremony that Trump was coming. Owens was sitting with his wife, Marie, and other family members in the solemn, living room-like space where the loved ones of the fallen assemble before they are taken to the flight line.

“I’m sorry, I don’t want to see him,’’ Owens recalled telling the chaplain who informed him that Trump was on his way from Washington. “I told them I don’t want to meet the President.”

Will there be an investigation?
Sorry but if the dad wants answers and doesn't want to speak to the President then I doubt he wants answers. Regardless of being hurt, if the father can talk to the highest ranked person in the Country that can perhaps gives him some answers then it is the fathers miss.

I know that under Obama, many parents of fallen soldiers were requesting to talk to Obama or Clinton and never got any answers or chance.

This sounds more like a political hack.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:32 PM

131 posts, read 323,393 times
A Special Forces soldier died on a failed mission? Really? What did his father think his son was doing? Selling transgender support t-shirts in Seattle?

Dad is a snowflake.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Should a Seal, well any member of the military not have an expectation that his or hers country will not send them into a worthless situation?

Old 03-01-2017, 08:45 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Father of SEAL killed in Yemen raid spurned meeting with Trump, wants answers | Miami Herald

Owens’ father, Bill, had learned only a short time before the ceremony that Trump was coming. Owens was sitting with his wife, Marie, and other family members in the solemn, living room-like space where the loved ones of the fallen assemble before they are taken to the flight line.

“I’m sorry, I don’t want to see him,’’ Owens recalled telling the chaplain who informed him that Trump was on his way from Washington. “I told them I don’t want to meet the President.”

Not only AN investigation, The military has three separate investigations underway of last month's Yemen raid

Slain SEAL's Father Calls for Expanded Investigation of Yemen Raid | Military.com

The only issue is that this father might not get the investigation he wanted, it looks like he wanted to find out if politics was involved in the decision to order the raid.

The investigations do not deal with the planning of the mission, the decision-making process involved, or whether the operation was ordered in haste.

In all fairness, military sends special operation units to do both green ops and black ops, nobody is going to tell you the reason of these operations.

My brother's unit had 8 people, in his last year's Marine Recon reunion, he found out the unit only had 4 people left (including himself) One thing helps the grief is to know that these people died doing what they loved to do (serve the country) That is how some people cope...

I feel very sorry for the dad, and he is a grieving father who is angry. Well, anger is a perfect reaction following a loved one's death. I think eventually he will accept his son's death but this will take a very long time.

I wish him well.

For the sailor, fair winds and a following sea

Old 03-01-2017, 08:51 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:

He is entitled to nothing. The son was an adult. How many parents whose kids died on D-Day asked for an investigation?

Old 03-01-2017, 08:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:

For what purpose?

Old 03-01-2017, 08:57 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
What investigation?

The guy was a SEAL and he went on a mission. Soldiers die on missions, from all manner of causes: from lead, to crashes, to shrapnel, to friendly fire.

When you sign up for the most hazardous job in the world, and participate in one of the most hazardous tasks in the world, there is a large chance of death. I feel for the family, as a person who has lost close family to war, but the job is the job and the father needs to accept that without politicizing his son's job.
There will be an investigation same as Benghazi and other deaths by our military in Afghanistan. "They do dangerous work " is irrelevant. There were civilians including children killed yet trump claimed it a huge success and proceeded to blame the generals for the mistakes. The father didn't want this politicized he just wanted to be left alone.

Last edited by Goodnight; 03-01-2017 at 09:13 AM..

Old 03-01-2017, 09:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There will be an investigation same as Benghazi and other deaths by our military in Afghanistan. "They do dangerous work " is irrelevant. There were civilians including children killed yet trump claimed it a huge succession and proceeded to blame the generals for the mistakes. The father didn't want this politicized he just wanted to be left alone.
The father requested that Trump would not use his sons death for political purposes, and Trump responded by doing exactly that during the speech, even made a joke about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies