Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 02:27 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Looks like the optical department. I just wonder how the whole thing got started. The man is obviously not a fan of foreigners, specifically the ones that come for a free ride. That isn't racism though. Foreigners come in all races even from within the same country.

Does Wal-Mart e-verify? I thought they did. Maybe the optical is a separate entity. Actually, they better as I avoid those places that don't like the plague.

So, it isn't racist, but also wasn't right. I would like to see what was said to the man to send him off on this tangent.

Additionally, seems handy this was caught on video and makes me wonder whether it is legit.

Actually, I believe the optical department in Walmart is considered a separate entity. I believe you can pay for glasses with a Walmart gift card but they operate on different hours. I am guessing but I think this might be correct. Maybe the customer is sick and tired of "fat/obese people" (his words) that he feels he is paying their medical bills. Would I talk like that to anyone in line or to the Walmart associate?? Not on my life. But some people are more outspoken about what they think. I bet that is not the first time that guy told anybody in line what he thought.

How many times have you went to a fast food place and they were out of something. Like say chicken wings. If it were me, I would order something else. But one time, this lady came into the FF place and could not order something she wanted and she got out of control, screaming and told the girl she was "coming back" to settle the score. Of course, I ate quickly and got the heck out of there. Not wanting to see a chicken fist fight!

Old 02-28-2017, 02:29 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Does anyone make a distinction between a person issuing a racist comment vs a racist. Or are they one and the same?

So if a person says, oopherectomy, does that make them a doctor?

customer was labeled 'racist' in the title, based on comment.

If a person uses a gang sign, does that mean they belong to a gang and hold the values of a gang?

I guess so.
Why stop here?

If a person burns a cross, does that really make them racist? Maybe they just want to roast marshmallows.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:32 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Good job:

A) Trying to blame the victim.
B) Excusing the man's bigotry.
C) Automatically assuming the woman is undocumented. She's a US citizen.

At least you didn't blame Soros for the incident. If nothing else, Trumpers stick together through think and thin.
These sort of events are going keep happening more and more. We seriously have alt-right ideology at the helm of the highest office of the land. That has major ripple effects on the behavior of people.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:33 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Why stop here?

If a person burns a cross, does that really make them racist? Maybe they just want to roast marshmallows.
Yummy roasted marshmallows! But I use a fork. Or, if out in the woods, a tree branch/limb.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:42 PM

7,183 posts, read 4,764,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Looks like the optical department. I just wonder how the whole thing got started. The man is obviously not a fan of foreigners, specifically the ones that come for a free ride. That isn't racism though. Foreigners come in all races even from within the same country.

Does Wal-Mart e-verify? I thought they did. Maybe the optical is a separate entity. Actually, they better as I avoid those places that don't like the plague.

So, it isn't racist, but also wasn't right. I would like to see what was said to the man to send him off on this tangent.

Additionally, seems handy this was caught on video and makes me wonder whether it is legit.
The man has issues. He started showing his behind so somebody taped him with a phone. He was doing all the talking. Rambling on and on.

How can you tell if someone is a foreigner? Why insult people who are fat? WTF is he talking about paying other peoples' bills and paying taxes? Texas doesn't have a state income tax. So he's paying less taxes than I am.

The employee wasn't rude. She spoke clear English. He's judging people by the color of their skin. YES, HE'S A RACIST.

Maybe he had to wait a few minutes. Well, guess what? That's what happens when you shop at Walmart: you wait for non existent customer service, you wait for cashiers, you wait and you wait.

If his whiteness doesn't want to wait he should shop at places that charge $700.00 for a frame.

That's your white nationalist trash right there. Just like the POS who shot the engineers in Olethe, KS.

What a jackass.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:51 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,596,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This is a video of racist **** at Walmart - points at other customers, disparages them as fat and lazy, that he pays their medical bills, he then tell the employee that he wishes she would go back to her own country. Luckily we get a good look at his face.

Watch: Customer at Irving Wal-Mart tells Hispanic*employee to 'go to your own' country* | Irving | Dallas News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAx-OQ3NUwY

Such a nice little bigot.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:54 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,350,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The man has issues. He started showing his behind so somebody taped him with a phone. He was doing all the talking. Rambling on and on.

How can you tell if someone is a foreigner? Why insult people who are fat? WTF is he talking about paying other peoples' bills and paying taxes? Texas doesn't have a state income tax. So he's paying less taxes than I am.

The employee wasn't rude. She spoke clear English. He's judging people by the color of their skin. YES, HE'S A RACIST.

Maybe he had to wait a few minutes. Well, guess what? That's what happens when you shop at Walmart: you wait for non existent customer service, you wait for cashiers, you wait and you wait.

If his whiteness doesn't want to wait he should shop at places that charge $700.00 for a frame.

That's your white nationalist trash right there. Just like the POS who shot the engineers in Olethe, KS.

What a jackass.
If he's not a racist, he's just some slightly different smelling brand of turd. His actions and speech have shown this.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:12 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
These sort of events are going keep happening more and more. We seriously have alt-right ideology at the helm of the highest office of the land. That has major ripple effects on the behavior of people.
Pure speculation and fear-mongering.

You folks have the internet. Go to YouTube and look at videos prior to Trump. There's a baseline of rude, racist scumbags walking around.

This guy didn't wake up on November 9th with a whole new racist position in life nor did Trump's election "embolden" him to do this.

You folks see what you want to see. It's all team playing.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:20 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,457,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This is a video of racist **** at Walmart - points at other customers, disparages them as fat and lazy, that he pays their medical bills, he then tell the employee that he wishes she would go back to her own country. Luckily we get a good look at his face.

Watch: Customer at Irving Wal-Mart tells Hispanic*employee to 'go to your own' country* | Irving | Dallas News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAx-OQ3NUwY
Just curious: are you going to post about every racist talk in America? That's a lot even for this forum.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:33 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atg5 View Post
an obama/hillary supporter, aka a liberal would tell someone to go back to their own country?

Wait, i thought liberals wanted to overrun this country with immigrants and foreigners? And everyone pays for everyone else's healthcare, including the poor? So which is it?

Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics on this one.

lol. Unruly.

Birds of a feather, i suppose.
lmao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies