Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 04:59 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

glad I was not there-;;;;; been heated as in FIRE coming our of my mouth

Old 02-28-2017, 05:00 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Alright, so maybe he's a green turd with carrot bits rather than a brown turd with bits of corn. What's the difference?

Also, he mentioned the following: "All of these foreigners are living off these good, working, white people."

I'm going to assume he's a racist. I admit I don't know that with 100% accuracy. It's more like 90% accuracy.

He's an arse, and we discourage being arses for the exact same reason we discourage being racists. Racists are just a different sub-group of arses than generic arses.
The guy didn't say that whites were superior.

I agree the guy was being an ass. He acted no different than many customers who put on a show because they aren't satisfied.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:02 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I know, but I like it when they believe this guy represents all of middle America.

Nothing is better for less D seats than liberals calling half the country racists.
I don't recall anyone calling "half the country" racists. I know you'll just tell me Hillary said that, so I'll post that portion of her speech.

"We are living in a volatile political environment. You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people -- now 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks -- they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America."

So basically, 11 million is about 3 to 4% of the population, right? If you asked me how many people in this country don't like Black people, Jewish people, gay people, foreigners, etc., I would have guessed more than 10%, but I don't think any reasonable person can deny that at least 4% of the population is either "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic or Islamaphobic."

She also said "but thankfully they are not America."

I hope this doesn't get deleted for going off topic, but I keep hearing that Hillary said this or Democrats said that when it's just not true.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:08 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Still not racism. The woman didn't have an opinion to be intolerant of. No one blaming anyone or accuse the woman of being undocumented.
Can I speak to a white person please? Just based off that alone, how is that NOT racist? Seriously?

I don't go looking for racism where this is none and I constantly play Devil's advocate with other black posters in this forum regarding race relations. They'll tell you that. But c'mon now. You're being delusional at this point.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:12 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I know, but I like it when they believe this guy represents all of middle America.

Nothing is better for less D seats than liberals calling half the country racists.
And nothing is better than a conservative erecting an obvious strawman.

Which post was it you saw someone suggesting this was representative of all of middle America?

Old 02-28-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
The guy didn't say that whites were superior.

I agree the guy was being an ass. He acted no different than many customers who put on a show because they aren't satisfied.
Nah. I worked in retail for years. Both Black and White people were often obnoxious. I was not only extremely responsible and hard-working (not any more, I'm a lazy a$$) I was the type of employee who took her work home and called customers on her day off. Yet there were still people who called me names that would be censored here. There were also people who felt, because I worked in a store, I was a moron.

However, none of them ranted about the "good White people" who pay for everyone else. That is indeed racist.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Can I speak to a white person please? Just based off that alone, how is that NOT racist? Seriously?

I don't go looking for racism where this is none and I constantly play Devil's advocate with other black posters in this forum regarding race relations. They'll tell you that. But c'mon now. You're being delusional at this point.
Agreed.

Most of what the Left conjures up is faux racism but this dude was just straight up a racist douche.

That chick handled it pretty well though. Customer service ain't for the faint of heart.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:19 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post

So he had a preference...big deal.

You know what's racist? Patronizing people assuming they are incapable of helping themselves due to the color of their skin.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:19 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
glad I was not there-;;;;; been heated as in FIRE coming our of my mouth
Not worth it.

Look at the clip again. He's long gone in his own hateful world. You just get thru it and go on about your day.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Agreed.

Most of what the Left conjures up is faux racism but this dude was just straight up a racist douche.

That chick handled it pretty well though. Customer service ain't for the faint of heart.
You and I hardly ever agree, but I just gave you a rep. People have no idea how difficult it is to work every day with the public. Also, in this case, I agree his attitude has nothing to do with being left or right. He's just an obnoxious jerk.

OTOH I'm guessing that in this past election, the man in the video did not vote for a Democrat and possibly has a cardboard cutout of President Trump at home like that dude in Melbourne FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies