Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 06:53 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
How could it NOT be racist when he himself said "all you are living off us good working white people."
Isn't he alleging a that the system exploits white people for the benefit of non-whites? If so, this statement isn't racism. It's a complaint about racism.

That's a really handy double standard: If non-whites complain about something whites are doing to them, the whites are the racists. If whites complain about something non-whites are doing to them, the whites are still the racists.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 03-01-2017 at 07:01 PM..

Old 03-01-2017, 07:16 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
How could it NOT be racist when he himself said "all you are living off us good working white people."
I can't listen to the video right now. However, if he really said "living off us good working white people", that is racist. If they are here illegally, it's also a misstatement. They are living off of good working black, brown and white people. Sounds as if he is an old racist. It also sounds like he just paid thousands in property taxes, people are pissed.

Last edited by elan; 03-01-2017 at 07:46 PM..

Old 03-01-2017, 07:58 PM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Isn't he alleging a that the system exploits white people for the benefit of non-whites? If so, this statement isn't racism. It's a complaint about racism.

That's a really handy double standard: If non-whites complain about something whites are doing to them, the whites are the racists. If whites complain about something non-whites are doing to them, the whites are still the racists.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:00 PM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I can't listen to the video right now. However, if he really said "living off us good working white people", that is racist. If they are here illegally, it's also a misstatement. They are living off of good working black, brown and white people. Sounds as if he is an old racist. It also sounds like he just paid thousands in property taxes, people are pissed.

Illegal alien isn't a race. So it wasn't racist. However, I agree with you illegals are living off of all Americans regardless of their race not just white Americans.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 531 times
Quote:

His statement is wrong and racist. Why must it be about race? My family immigrated over here from Vietnam before me and pay plenty of taxes as upper class citizens who pay more taxes than most of Irving, TX residents. It's not only white people who pay taxes in this country.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:30 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Looks like the optical department. I just wonder how the whole thing got started. The man is obviously not a fan of foreigners, specifically the ones that come for a free ride. That isn't racism though. Foreigners come in all races even from within the same country.

Does Wal-Mart e-verify? I thought they did. Maybe the optical is a separate entity. Actually, they better as I avoid those places that don't like the plague.

So, it isn't racist, but also wasn't right. I would like to see what was said to the man to send him off on this tangent.

Additionally, seems handy this was caught on video and makes me wonder whether it is legit.
Oh, kewl... wonder if the person he was telling to go back to her own country was a native-born citizen. In that case, Wally World or the optical contractor wouldn't need to e-verify. And, if they needed to, they probably did, so that assumption that the employee was an illegal... just doesn't cut it. The assumption that the person he was pointing out to the employee is illegal just doesn't cut it, either.

I applaud the employee, who certainly showed a lot of class and patience in dealing with this racist jerk and his 'white people pay for everything' BS rant. If it had been me, I wouldn't have just handed him off to another employee, I would have gotten the manager to kick his nasty butt out of the store.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:37 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0ng View Post
His statement is wrong and racist. Why must it be about race? My family immigrated over here from Vietnam before me and pay plenty of taxes as upper class citizens who pay more taxes than most of Irving, TX residents. It's not only white people who pay taxes in this country.
Thank you, that was what I was trying to get at. Depending on the circumstances, I could understand a little rant about us ALL having to pay out the kazoo for illegals. When he injected skin color into it, he blew it.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:37 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0ng View Post
No, it's not racist. As I explained earlier, it's the opposite of racist. Whether the people he's complaining about are being racist toward other races by taking their tax dollars too is entirely irrelevant to his complaint that they are being racist against whites.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 03-02-2017 at 09:47 PM..

Old 03-03-2017, 06:54 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
She probably will lose her job after posting that video. Videotaping a customer is not allowed and Wal Mart is known for not wanting to get itself in the news if there's any kind of incident that happens in their stores.
Its Irving Texas, you'd expect to find knuckle draggers there. Enough to fill a stadium, at least.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:56 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
No, it's not racist. As I explained earlier, it's the opposite of racist. Whether the people he's complaining about are being racist toward other races by taking their tax dollars too is entirely irrelevant to his complaint that they are being racist against whites.

Simone Biles would be proud at this level of mental gymnastics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies