Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 08:40 AM

4,583 posts, read 3,410,946 times

Advertisements

At work Sunday, a customer expressed concern that a box may not fit in his car. I inquired as to what kind of car he had. He replied that he drove a Buick Lucerne. I responded that I too drive a Lucerne and that the box might fit in the back seat. His reply: "where does a white boy like you with a job like this get off owning a Lucerne, this is way past your station, boy". I was just undescribedly dumbstruck. I have since learned the the customer may play for one of the professional sport teams in Charlotte.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:12 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
At work Sunday, a customer expressed concern that a box may not fit in his car. I inquired as to what kind of car he had. He replied that he drove a Buick Lucerne. I responded that I too drive a Lucerne and that the box might fit in the back seat. His reply: "where does a white boy like you with a job like this get off owning a Lucerne, this is way past your station, boy". I was just undescribedly dumbstruck. I have since learned the the customer may play for one of the professional sport teams in Charlotte.
Darn, you should have video taped it, put it on social media, went to the local paper while screaming racist!, racist!, racist!
Maybe could have started a campaign to get him fired too!

Old 03-07-2017, 02:57 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
The woman in the video said he was referring to a black woman. Considering the fact that he specifically mentioned those "foreigners" living off of white people, she has no reason to lie. Why would he specifically mention living off of white people, if the person he was talking about was white?
Let's stick to the facts here, if you can. There was no "wheelchair" in the video, the woman the man was talking to never made any comment as to her skin color, much less a "black woman in a wheelchair" for that matter. You are just making things up, that are not in the video, and pretending they are fact.

The man included himself with his description of the taxpayers "paying for her bills," he is white, so maybe he was pointing at himself, and that's why he said "good working white people white?" If he were any other skin color, he very well may have said good working black, or brown, people. Pointing out that he was a white person is not racist either.

Quote:
Based on what?
Based on his own words! I'm beginning to think you have not watched the video, since you cannot seem to relate to what was actually in the video.

Quote:
Unless you referring to those citizens fixing the USA, then this comment makes absolutely no sense.
I'm referring to countries where their governments are corrupt, and the people are not doing anything about it. We have easily five to ten million illegal aliens in the USA, from Mexico.

What a powerful thing it would be if those people protested in a ten million man march in their nation's capital city, to demanded their government appease their needs, wants and desires. Instead of fixing what's broke in Mexico, they just flee to the USA, and then protest in our streets, demanding we change our laws to appease them.

Quote:
I've already explained this multiple times. The woman in this video is Hispanic. He specifically mentioned to her that [people like her] should go back to [their] own country and fix [their] own country. How would he know she isn't American, just from looking at her?

I, unlike you, can put 2 and 2 together. It really isn't that hard.
You are assuming she is Hispanic, we never saw her face, for all you know she is a white Hispanic. The woman never said which country she was born in, or the color of her skin either.

What does skin color matter? It takes a lot for people to simply pick up and leave the country they were born in, and where all their ancestors are buried. Would we in the USA simply roll over if our government started to become corrupt, and just move to another country?

Old 03-07-2017, 03:07 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
And I took my family to Pizza Hut, for my son's birthday. I ordered our pizza ahead of time because I did not want to wait at our table for 30 minutes with a three and five year old. We came in and sat down, the waiter showed up, we told him our name, and he brought us drinks, and ten or so minutes later our pizza showed up.

A woman sitting a few tables over, started getting upset that we got our pizza so fast. She was very loud and making a scene, claiming it was racism, because she was black, and the waiter's race and my wife's looked the same to her. I had to calm her down and tell her we ordered ahead of time, and she looked very unconvinced, and she stormed out of the restaurant with her family in tow.

If you want to, you can see racism under every rock, and around every corner, as this thread has been proving.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:22 PM

379 posts, read 255,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This is a video of racist **** at Walmart - points at other customers, disparages them as fat and lazy, that he pays their medical bills, he then tell the employee that he wishes she would go back to her own country. Luckily we get a good look at his face.

Watch: Customer at Irving Wal-Mart tells Hispanic*employee to 'go to your own' country* | Irving | Dallas News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAx-OQ3NUwY
The guy's right. The third world immigrants of today are parasitic, and when they become the overwhelming majority, the USA will be a third world dump!

Old 03-07-2017, 03:55 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Let's stick to the facts here, if you can. There was no "wheelchair" in the video, the woman the man was talking to never made any comment as to her skin color, much less a "black woman in a wheelchair" for that matter. You are just making things up, that are not in the video, and pretending they are fact.
Lol. Another one who didn't even read the article.

Quote:
Adela said she began recording the video on her cellphone after the man complained about a black woman in an electric wheelchair.
Quote:
The man included himself with his description of the taxpayers "paying for her bills," he is white, so maybe he was pointing at himself, and that's why he said "good working white people white?" If he were any other skin color, he very well may have said good working black, or brown, people. Pointing out that he was a white person is not racist either.
K, now you're being obtuse or dense.

Quote:
Based on his own words! I'm beginning to think you have not watched the video, since you cannot seem to relate to what was actually in the video.
And you missed the point. How would he know that the woman he was referring to was a foreigner? Based on what?

Quote:
I'm referring to countries where their governments are corrupt, and the people are not doing anything about it. We have easily five to ten million illegal aliens in the USA, from Mexico.
Lol, again. He tells the Hispanic woman to go back to her [their] country. How would he know what country he's from? How would you or he know this woman is from Mexico and not born here in the U.S.?

Quote:
What a powerful thing it would be if those people protested in a ten million man march in their nation's capital city, to demanded their government appease their needs, wants and desires. Instead of fixing what's broke in Mexico, they just flee to the USA, and then protest in our streets, demanding we change our laws to appease them.
More 'pretzeling'.

Quote:
You are assuming she is Hispanic, we never saw her face, for all you know she is a white Hispanic. The woman never said which country she was born in, or the color of her skin either.
Literally in the first two paragraphs of the article.

Quote:
A customer at an Irving Wal-Mart who complained "foreigners are living off of us good white working people" told a Hispanic employee that people like her should "go to your own countries" in a video circulating on social media.
The employee, who says she became a U.S. citizen 20 years ago after emigrating from El Salvador, said she began recording the video Thursday after the man said he wanted a white employee to assist him.
LITERALLY in the first two paragraphs of the article.

Quote:
What does skin color matter? It takes a lot for people to simply pick up and leave the country they were born in, and where all their ancestors are buried. Would we in the USA simply roll over if our government started to become corrupt, and just move to another country?
It matters to this guy, who talked badly about a black woman and then told a Hispanic woman to go back to her country.

The rest of that comment just...makes no sense, but what else is new. Y'all are so gung-ho to defend one of your own, you can't even be bothered to read the article and not sound completely foolish.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:34 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Lol. Another one who didn't even read the article.

K, now you're being obtuse or dense.

And you missed the point. How would he know that the woman he was referring to was a foreigner? Based on what?

Lol, again. He tells the Hispanic woman to go back to her [their] country. How would he know what country he's from? How would you or he know this woman is from Mexico and not born here in the U.S.?

More 'pretzeling'.

Literally in the first two paragraphs of the article.

LITERALLY in the first two paragraphs of the article.

It matters to this guy, who talked badly about a black woman and then told a Hispanic woman to go back to her country.

The rest of that comment just...makes no sense, but what else is new. Y'all are so gung-ho to defend one of your own, you can't even be bothered to read the article and not sound completely foolish.
Read the article.
Claims in an article by a race baiter vs. what you actually see and hear.
And you are assuming I and OICU812 are white?

Old 03-08-2017, 07:49 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Read the article.
Claims in an article by a race baiter vs. what you actually see and hear.
Lol, yeah. The guy asked for a white employee to help him, bad mouths a black woman in a wheelchair and then tells a Hispanic woman to go back to her country and yet, the woman is a race baiter. Makes sense. The woman in the video says he's being racist after the disgusting way he talks about the black woman. Why would she call him a racist if the woman he was referring to was white?

What I actually see and hear is a white guy tell a Hispanic woman to go back to her country, because he's tired of white people taking care of them. That's not a claim. Those words came out of his mouth. And yet, you still defend him. How anyone could defend someone telling a Hispanic stranger to go back to their country is beyond me.

Quote:
And you are assuming I and OICU812 are white?
I couldn't care less what you look like, but your continually defense of this guy tells me everything I need to know about your character (putting it mildly).

Old 03-08-2017, 08:00 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Darn, you should have video taped it, put it on social media, went to the local paper while screaming racist!, racist!, racist!
Maybe could have started a campaign to get him fired too!
That was a snobbish / elitist comment with some racist tinges. Too bad we all have to put up with jackwagons like that when we are at work.

The old fart in the OP was a straight up racist,and now I understand why so many of you Trump supporters took that " deplorables" comment so personally.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:10 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Complex problems, as I understand them, are intricate and hard to deal with, so first thing people should do is ask themselves whether they are really talking about racism and racists or rather prejudice and bigotry. If you find yourself easily solving the problem of racism, you're solving the wrong problem.

My family has several stores in the shopping malls, and I have to deal with all kinds of customers on regular basis. Normally, customers came up to me complaining about rude and loud foreigners lol I think these people are just frustrated and they assume anybody look "foreign" (well, for lack of a better word, are foreigners.) None of my customers are racists. Most are very pleasant people. When I carry on a conversation with my customers, I feel I have learned about people. People normally don't choose the words they use in private conversations.

I remember one time, one lady (and her race is not a factor here) said to me, "Look at that woman over there, she doesn't look like she could afford those good stuff. I wonder how much welfare she receives a month." I tried to explain to her that the customer might be a traveler. The lady said, "Oh, that is right."

well, I hate being lumped in with any group…. All whites, All mixed breed, all Californians, all Americans, etc. Most of the time I'm an outlier on the bell curve. So I try to treat everybody as individual. It is hard sometimes, but I try.

If you're going to call all whites racist, then no one will take you seriously. Same goes, if you are going to call all non-white free loaders who live off white people, then no one will take you seriously.

This man's behavior is impossible to defend. First of all, he sounded extremely ignorant. Secondly, he sounded very rude and obnoxious. However, he can only speak for himself. I hope he enjoys his 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-08-2017 at 08:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies