Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 09:25 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times

Advertisements

So sad. I hate when others suffer because of a few terrorist like offenders.

I hope things calm down and the media stops fueling this divide. I think if we had a break from all of this hate we'd have less hate driven crime.

It reminds me of the string of copycat shootings at schools after the media played it to death. They were asked to stop then in an effort to stop it. I think they should be asked again or we will see more and more hate crime on both sides.

I hope this is a wake up call. The divide and hate has to stop. The crazies on both sides are going to use it as an excuse to hurt others.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:59 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
No, the point is, you're splitting hairs to try and defend your boy. The woman clearly stated he was referring to a black woman, which he assumed to be a foreigner, because of her skin color, nothing else. He also inferred that she doesn't belong here.

Aside from that, he gave it away that he was talking about a person of color, when he said this in the video: "All of these foreigners are living off all these good, working white people."

You want to explain to me why he specifically said white people and not Americans when he referred to these "foreigners"?
^ this

How can anyone possible dispute what this guy is saying in the video? It's clear as day people!!!

Old 03-06-2017, 10:02 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
No, the point is, you're splitting hairs to try and defend your boy. The woman clearly stated he was referring to a black woman, which he assumed to be a foreigner, because of her skin color, nothing else. He also inferred that she doesn't belong here.

Aside from that, he gave it away that he was talking about a person of color, when he said this in the video: "All of these foreigners are living off all these good, working white people."

I'm not defending his actions and he is not my boy. You are ad libbing. I am basing my opinion on what I heard him say and what I actually saw. I did not see a black woman. The clerk who felt a need to video this and take it to the media said she was black.

Quote:
You want to explain to me why he specifically said white people and not Americans when he referred to these "foreigners"?
Perhaps he said white because he is white and identifies with white. IDK, but I don't infer and assume. I often hear black people saying people of color instead of Americans. Should I infer that to mean they are racist against white people.
Perhaps you are splitting hairs.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:07 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
So sad. I hate when others suffer because of a few terrorist like offenders.

I hope things calm down and the media stops fueling this divide. I think if we had a break from all of this hate we'd have less hate driven crime.

It reminds me of the string of copycat shootings at schools after the media played it to death. They were asked to stop then in an effort to stop it. I think they should be asked again or we will see more and more hate crime on both sides.

I hope this is a wake up call. The divide and hate has to stop. The crazies on both sides are going to use it as an excuse to hurt others.
So basically the media should stop reporting on hate crimes like Jewish cemeteries being vandalized, and incidents like this? Yeah no, how about the so called president and his White nationalist thugs like Bannon, Gorka, & Miller stop inciting all these hate crimes in the first place? The only reason this is happening is because Trump has given racists a green light to be openly racist. They are fanning the flames with their endless babbling about Muslims, illegal immigrants, etc. This is precisely why W Bush (and Obama) rarely, if ever, mentioned the worlds Muslim and terrorist in the same sentence. They knew it would fan the flames and get the good ol boy White trash all riled up to go after every minority in sight.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:21 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'm not defending his actions and he is not my boy. You are ad libbing. I am basing my opinion on what I heard him say and what I actually saw. I did not see a black woman. The clerk who felt a need to video this and take it to the media said she was black.
That's obviously a lie or else you wouldn't have made post #101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Perhaps he said white because he is white and identifies with white. IDK, but I don't infer and assume. I often hear black people saying people of color instead of Americans. Should I infer that to mean they are racist against white people.
Perhaps you are splitting hairs.

Lol, classic deflection. You don't have a toe to stand on, let alone a leg, so you have to bring up your irrelevant personal anecdotes about what you claim black people say.

"You often hear" what black people say. Thanks for the laugh.

Oh, and you're defending him. He tells a Hispanic woman he wants to be helped by a white person, calls out a black woman minding her own business for being in a wheelchair and makes hideous assumptions about her, then tells the Hispanic woman that "foreigners" should go back to "their" countries, because he's tired of white people having to foot the bill for them, but yeah, let's not "infer or assume".

Old 03-06-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
^ this

How can anyone possible dispute what this guy is saying in the video? It's clear as day people!!!
Gotta defend their boy. You know, birds of a feather.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:05 AM

[quote=ATG5;47415824]
Quote:
That's obviously a lie or else you wouldn't have made post #101.
What. I'm lying because I said I didnt here him say black women, but foreigner and stated I based my opinion on what I actually heard?

Quote:
Lol, classic deflection. You don't have a toe to stand on, let alone a leg, so you have to bring up your irrelevant personal anecdotes about what you claim black people say.

"You often hear" what black people say. Thanks for the laugh.

Oh, and you're defending him. He tells a Hispanic woman he wants to be helped by a white person, calls out a black woman minding her own business for being in a wheelchair and makes hideous assumptions about her, then tells the Hispanic woman that "foreigners" should go back to "their" countries, because he's tired of white people having to foot the bill for them, but yeah, let's not "infer or assume".

Is she racist?

https://youtu.be/-UVpnSWkGrU

How about this?
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV...OfHCGg6dPuNw0-

LOL. Calm down.
Again, never saw a black person, never heard him say black or hispanic.
I did actually say his actions were inappropriate. I did not defend his actions. I'm saying simply I would not label him a racist based on his use of the word foreigner. Many feel the same about supporting illegals be they white, black, hispanic, etc. I see a frustrated man who acted badly. Maybe he is racist, maybe not, maybe he was angry and having a bad day and acted inappropriately. I'm just not defending labeling him racist on what I saw.
I think that is a problem we are having. Making extreme judgements based on a snipit of video and throwing the racist label around at every little thing. In doing so, credibility is lost and the word racist loses it meaning and effectiveness.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:10 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
What gets to me are those trying to make excuses for that bigot who said what he said.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What gets to me are those trying to make excuses for that bigot who said what he said.
Tras...I mean water seeks its own level.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
At least you called him a bigot, which I agree with, and not racist.
His public behavior was highly inappropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies