Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 10:53 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,921,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Are you kidding me? The Ukrainians camped for several months in subzero temperatures to overthrow a corrupt president who lived in luxury. And in a desperate attempt to keep his power sniped down dissidents.

I watched the Maidan very closely, and I saw people being shot, live on camera. I thought "is this real? This is crazy." And it was.

It was. So how much about this "well he was a democratically elected president who just resorted in killing his own people"?
Those Ukrainian protesters did not speak for all Ukrainians. A large proportion of the county in the south and the east were essentially shut out of the political process, and quite frankly the country in its current form doesn't have a future. The pro-Russian areas should secede and then the pro-western areas of Ukraine can continue their westernization without any serious internal opposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 11:04 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,921,362 times

Old 03-02-2017, 11:09 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
America has been invading and/or bombing countries right and left (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, Libya, Granada, Dominican Republic), fighting proxy wars in other countries (Nicaragua), using the CIA to try to overthrow foreign governments (South Vietnam, Iran, Chile, Cuba) since WW II, and has set itself up as the world policeman with at least 140 military bases all over the world.

But when Russia throws its weight around a little bit, we're supposed to be outraged.

Too funny.

Yes, America had its reasons for doing what it did.

So does Russia.
So much truth in this post, it almost hurts to read.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:45 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
All these accusations all over the left side of the media begs the question from me, what's wrong with being friends with Russia? They're not the worst country of the there, I mean, we're friends with Saudi Arabia for crying out loud . The US and Russia we're friends before during the Civil War, the US and UK were enemies until WWI and now both countries are joined at the hip. So what's wrong with being friends with Russia? Who doesn't want us to be friendly with them? The British?
Russia is involved in a conspiracy with China to stop the US dollar from being the worlds reserve currency.
https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/blo...46&language=en

The Russian government hacks US presidential elections.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...ates_elections

Russia carries out mock nuclear weapon attacks on America.
Russia Prepares Mock Nuclear Attack On US And Britain

Russian military jets are buzzing American ships and planes.
Russian jets keep buzzing U.S. ships. What can the US do? - CNNPolitics.com

And Russian military aircraft are flying over US cities.
Russian Military Jets Caught Over 3 Major U.S. Cities Without Any Warning | Politics

No democrat wants war with Russia, but democrats don't want to (blindly) be close friends with Russia. But since Trump likes Russia and the Russian government hacks US elections to help republicans (American republicans ignore everything Russia does to America and they want to be trusted friends with Russia.)

And Donald Trump is also close friends with Saudi Arabia. But Saudi Arabia funds Muslim radicalism and 15 of the 19 Sept 11 hijackers were Saudi citizens.
9/11 report details Saudi Arabia funding of Muslim extremists in U.S. - Washington Times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allege...ber_11_attacks

But when Donald Trump passed his Muslim travel ban he did not ban Saudi Arabian Muslims, and Trump still lets Saudi Muslims come to America (perhaps because Donald Trump has lots of business deals with Saudi Arabia.)
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rom-trumps-ban
https://www.forbes.com/sites/datades.../#b14c58b46944

There's nothing wrong with wanting peace with Russia and Saudi Arabia, but democrats don't want to blindly trust them after everything they have done and are doing to America.

Last edited by chad3; 03-02-2017 at 12:15 PM..

Old 03-02-2017, 12:03 PM

15,525 posts, read 10,495,101 times
Quote:
All these accusations all over the left side of the media begs the question from me, what's wrong with being friends with Russia? They're not the worst country of the there, I mean, we're friends with Saudi Arabia for crying out loud . The US and Russia we're friends before during the Civil War, the US and UK were enemies until WWI and now both countries are joined at the hip. So what's wrong with being friends with Russia? Who doesn't want us to be friendly with them? The British?
Politics aside, the Russians aren't very trustworthy. Therefore, it's not a good idea to be super doper good friends with them. That doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for a better relationship, we just have to watch our backs.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:19 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,158,416 times
Quote:
So what's wrong with being friends with Russia?
Well, your Geo-Political Strategy calls for breaking the Russian Federation apart by gaining control of the Russian republics of Altai, Tuva, Buryatia, Khakassia, Sakha and the Far Eastern Republic.

Russia has kind of figured that out (a long time ago) and is pushing back where ever the US pushes, like Ukraine.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:39 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Do any conservatives who back Trump wanting to be friends with Russia truly believe Putin likes America?!?!

Vladamir Putin HATES America, and he knows that Trump is the worst thing for our country. That is why he had Russian intelligence hack the DNC (both democrats and republicans agree that Russia hacked) to make Hillary look as bad as possible so Trump could win.

And it's working so far. Foreign leaders in Europe are shaking their heads at the United States. our neighbors above and below, Canada and Mexico, are both annoyed with Trump. Read the threads here in the City-Data political section, America is so divided.

Putin's plan is working and it's only been 40 days.
You ever hear of the butterfly effect?

Kind of similar in conception to the US Marine Corps belief in the mystical concept of one man, one rifle, one bullet, and one shot capable of altering an entire battle. That battle capable of altering an entire war.

Which is different in conception than most people focusing on mass numbers. As there is power in numbers. But in doing so they dismiss the individual or the capacity of the one well placed shot striking the right target.

I don't aim at you with this post. I am past you. And I always have. That my post shot might strike sone 12 year-old boy in Africa living in poverty but carrying a smartphone and just happening to browse the web and thus forum. That post strike hitting him. Hitting an him destined to rise into a lion of the East and lead a nation of men. An army of men. And conquering or defeating the Satanic foe of the USA.

So, if Putin hates the USA as you claim (though, German humiliation by the West after WWI led to a nationalistic rise of pride in the culmination of Afolf Hitler and Nazi Germany), then he is doing a much poorer job of it than Saudi Arabia or Israel. Did Russia export 9/11 hijack terrorist to the USA? Did Russian intelligence refuse to warn the US Government about the Chechen brothers in the Boston region about their affiliation to terrorists?

Aside from the fact all government spy on each other (refer to the fictional Sci-Fi movie Arrival to see just how potentially stupid humans can act on intelligence information, even in the event of a new species of intelligent life potentially invading earth), Israel as a nation-state and ally has probably done far more strategic, intelligence damage, to the USA than Russia has since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

The alcoholic President Yeltsin was easily controllable by the USA (and Russian oligarchs who looted Russia bound under his Presidency, literally robbing the Fort Knox of Russia). But Putin is nit easily controlled by the US Government and not only is he very nationalistic he is a formidable geopolitical player on the chessboard of the world.

What really bothers American leaders is that they acted as arrogant and incompetent coaches. Honestly, because of the state of Russia under Yeltsin they expected Russian civilization to literally collapse and fade away. They utterly dismissed a one man, with one rifle, altering the course of Russian trajectory. That one man came as Vladimir Putin. Possibly, the greatest leader in the whole of Russian history. A hero of epic proportions.

America can't win wars by itself. It has the money, the technology, and manpower put it has too little heart. The one good thing about the USA engaging in war with Russia if it ever happened is that the USA would cease to exist as a great power. It would be worse off than Guatemala. Because Americans are too immature to give proper due respect to their opponent by not underestimating them. The Russians will launch a massive nuclear assault on mainland USA if the USA ever invades Russia. But Americans are too stupid to realize this. Obamacare won't exist. Rats will be climbing up your toilets for those that survive the nuclear holocaust.

So, Israel, the US tolerates all of this from Israel:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P7uHCX0u5tM
The EyeOpener- A Brief History of Israeli Spying on America

That was 9/11. The Mossad with held intelligence. If they didn't then more nefarious logical conclusion is that the US Government betrayed its own people by not acting on it and allowing Americans in NYC to die, so, politicians and the rich and greedy could move along with their of foreign policy agendas. Bearing in mind hear that the Bush family has been involved in the intelligence community (CIA) for a long time.

But then we find Saudi Arabia had a connection to it and the US Government covered that up, withheld the info from the American people.

The Russians did not carry out 9/11. All the way up to Putin they warned the US about the Boston Bombers.

The Russians did not hack the DNC by the way. I read that childish report. One thing I don't like more than beating me, shooting me, or even gang raping me is for law enforcement or government to run a stupid story too me so stupid and lame it's an insult to my intelligence. And that's what that CIA report was.

The more important lesson here for Russia is to withhold vital information if they so happen to find out about a coming 9/11 x 1,000 in the USA. Let America weaken by being destroyed within and even fromterrorist attacks. Helping Americans means they think you are weak and they will destroy you. America proved it and continues to do so by rewarding Israel for withholding intelligence info that would have saved all those American lives in the NYC Twin Towers.

And if Russians don't learn from it then future black African and Chinese leaders should.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TPNV7TkrYWg
U.S. Missed Russia's Warning About Boston Bomber

Global Report News 6,629 views

Putin subscribes to the so-called "Realist" school of political science thought. That in part means he does not view countries as friends but rather as partners. It also means he does not try to change countries cultures. If for example the Cubans like dancing Salsa the Russians don't launch and invasion to stop them. If Saudi Arabian culture typically has women dressed in long robes with hair covered then Russia does not invade them on a holy crusade to change them to the Gospel according to Russia.

Hillary Clinton belongs to a faction within the Democratic Party that subscribes to idealism school of thought in political science in which the USA needs to perpetually be involved in a violent holy crusade across earth to convert all nations of the planet to the Gospel according to America.

That is all aside from the fact I don't like political science as an academic and professional field. I think it is one of the most wicked things on earth. It is no more than a kind of dogmatic religion that teaches people to be better rapists, thieves, liars, and mass murderers all for so-called "national interests."

Old 03-02-2017, 12:41 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
4 - 8 years ago.....it was fine....

Old 03-02-2017, 12:43 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,697,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
They have had paid informants/spies/'journalist' digging since the beginning. They basically came up with squat. It would not surprise me if they did not check out his dirty toilet paper - they have sunk that low.

Nice try. The investigations haven't even begun yet, and you are declaring the results. Come back in a month and let's talk again.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:45 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,765,572 times
Quote:
Saudi Arabia does not have nukes pointed at us. Russia is a threat to Eastern Europe and we are a member of NATO which defends Europe. Russia scares the crap out of most of Europe and has for almost 100 years. Remember that Stalin and Hitler had plans to divvy up Europe until Hitler turned on Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies