Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 11:44 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Exactly.

Honestly, I think most conservatives are people who have simply been extremely fortunate all their lives in never having to be confronted with a major personal challenge beyond their control.

(Hope you're all recovered now btw)
Yes, this is my experience as well. The right wingers in here also confirm this. They simply ride their luck and hope for the best. Those that get unlucky suddenly see the need for a more compassionate society. Too bad its too late after a lifetime of voting for puppets of the billionaire class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 11:45 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Then why do we even need society in the first place?

those that do not want to cooperate with society should be handled the same way the tribes used to do it-- ban you to some desert or terrible terrain- So you can go fix it yourself--

Old 03-07-2017, 11:46 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Do you have a fam? would like to hear their thoughts-

I paid for my "fam". I paid for their healthcare. I will leave a SUBSTANTIAL amount to my three sons when I pass. They currently don't want for anything, then when I pass they and their kids won't want because trusts compel my hard work won't be thrown away.

Regardless, it's none of your business what my "fam" thinks when it comes to MY money. It isn't even any business of my "fam" until the money becomes THEIR money.

Now, stop acting holier than thou because you are FAR from being better than another when you demand someone else pay for YOUR idea of charity. That is THEFT!!!

Old 03-07-2017, 11:46 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I already pay a ****-ton in taxes anyway, except right now I don't see society as getting jack in terms of ROI (for the amount I pay in taxes).
What's a ****-ton?

And has been explained to you, that's because in the US the tax base is too narrow and too overly dependent on higher income earners. The combination of both yields insufficient tax revenue. Why are the top 5% paying most of the income tax revenue when the bottom 95% earns most of the income?

Top 5%:
Income tax share: 59.97%
Income share: 35.96%

See what I mean? Europe and Scandinavia figured that out.

So... What's the objection to taxing regressively like Europe and Scandinavia if that means more government services and benefits for all?

Old 03-07-2017, 11:48 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
What did people do a mere 80 years ago? Did they use government to STEAL from others in order to pay for the healthcare of people who couldn't afford it?

No one has a RIGHT to healthcare... especially healthcare at the expense of others.
They scammed, robbed, and begged.

It goes against the human instinct to not fight to survive, in whatever way it takes.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:49 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Other people's needs are not my problem.

Take care of yourself. Don't expect society to pay your way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
those that do not want to cooperate with society should be handled the same way the tribes used to do it-- ban you to some desert or terrible terrain- So you can go fix it yourself--
People who no longer want to be part of society should stop complaining on CD and just move into the woods and be happy. No more taxes!

Old 03-07-2017, 11:51 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
INSURANCE, any insurance, is inherently about spreading costs in a pool of people. Whether you like it or not, what YOU pay for insurance is heavily impacted by what OTHER people pay, and how many of them pay. Don't even bother with health insurance if you don't want anyone else's actions to impact you. Paying for all your healthcare costs out of your own pocket is a good way to make sure you pay for you and yours only. See how you fare when healthy young people like me are not subsidizing your care via my premiums.

I am quite capable of paying for mine and my wife's healthcare costs. I don't need insurance. I view it as a smart investment. When my insurance rates are raised to pay for others who don't pay for insurance, rather have my rates raised in order to provide them with insurance, it becomes a much poorer investment.

You have no right to demand I pay more in order to provide the same thing to some worthless scumbag who won't pay for their own, out of their own damn pocket. That is THEFT!

Old 03-07-2017, 11:52 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
How is others demand to keep up with the Jones' of the world, not saving for their future my fault or my problem?

I started saving at 12. I got aggressive with my saving and "always pay yourself first" after my foster parents explained it to me. I retired at 49, and will never owe a cent to another person because I made major sacrifices that others refuse to make. How is it MY fault, and why am I being called on to provide for them after all their selfishness?

I didn't have a single vacation until after I retired. I never bought a new car, not as a worker, not as one who could afford buying whatever I want. I sacrificed for mine and my family's future... NOT for the useless people who constantly demand stuff and technology that I went without for the longest time.

How is anyone else MY problem?
If you were in the foster care system you were also some tax payer's "problem" at some point.

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Is slavery Christian? Don't force anyone to be a slave for anyone else's benefit.
Slavery = forcing people to work.

There's no law against someone not working.

If you're talking about taxes - people CHOOSE to work despite knowing they'll be taxed. It's a CHOICE they make.

Right?

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you said "Don't force me to be a slave for your benefit!"
Is that not voluntary? Or did the government come and seize the clothing, etc., under penalty of imprisonment?

State that forced slavery is Christian, or back off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies