Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 07:55 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,121,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
As a matter of fact, it should.

k.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 07:56 AM

1,640 posts, read 797,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Like it or not, believe in clean energy sources or not, they ARE the future. Other countries financing it are going to take the lead in it and take our money when their clean energy sources dominate.
I don't think many people have the foresight to understand this.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:56 AM

45,254 posts, read 26,506,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump has said in his speech that he is not tying the hands of the Automotive companies anymore with MPG standards or emissions restrictions. How does this make any sense? They already have the emissions on our cars. What exactly is this supposed to mean?
Yes consumers should decide, not some isolated paid off central bureaucracy.
How do you decide what to wear everyday?

Old 03-17-2017, 07:57 AM

1,640 posts, read 797,228 times
Quote:
As a matter of fact, it should.
It will make our country great at what, exactly?

4,279 posts, read 1,908,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Current discussions involve dropping the business rate to 15%, and dropping a lot on the personal side as well. IE increased spending, less income. I mean what do you think is going to occur? My guess? Massive deficit.

Apparently once again, deficits dont matter now that the Republicans have control.
Except that it is a proven fact that when we cut taxes, revenue increases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I don't think many people have the foresight to understand this.
Right, only a handful of career govt employees in DC have those smarts

Old 03-17-2017, 07:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,658,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
k.
You might not think a $20 trillion debt or practically open borders are an issue, but sane people are concerned with both.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:01 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,658,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
It will make our country great at what, exactly?
If you don't understand the benefits of budget cutting when our debt is $20 trillion or doing something about illegal immigration.... I might as well be trying to explain to you that water is wet, because if you can't get it on your own, I can never get you to understand.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:05 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,692,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
People don't realize that people at these agencies are getting paid 200K salaries to sit around and do nothing and go out and drink beers in DC.

I'm not really bothered by this. People act like it's directly cutting up into the kids education and the lights are going to be out in schools because of this.

These agencies have been bloated for years, especially DOE and the EPA. I'd be okay if DOE went away, honestly. It doesn't actually educate anyone, it's just about federal funding that the states use for other things anyway. Why do you think American public school education is so poor?
Every corrupt politician who comes to Washington comes up with their own "wouldn't it nice if" program, to buy votes. Year after year, decade after decade, of politicians spending taxpayer money on feel good legislation. the spending just keeps getting more and more out of control.

Then they can run back home and spit out a reelection campaign ad to show what a good guy they are. If they cannot think of a new inventive way to give away free taxpayer money, they just propose expanding an already existing program, and anyone who tries to stop it is labeled a cold, heartless, evil person, who wants people to DIE.

Take the NIH for example. It's funding medical research, there is literally no limit on the amount of money we could pour into trying to save lives. If you were to support a bill to increase NIH funding to $30 billion a year, I could make the case for $100 billion a year. I can then demonize you for wanting to cut funding by $70 billion, and characterize you as an evil person who want people to DIE.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
You might not think a $20 trillion debt or practically open borders are an issue, but sane people are concerned with both.
Hehe can you imagine leaving the doors and windows on your home wide open and then putting a sign in the front lawn that say "free food and money inside"

America is like a rolled over Brinks trucks in Harlem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies