Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 10:31 PM

30,255 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Seems your primary goal is to mock, period.

Trump has been "underestimated" as you put it, surprisingly popular with his supporters, amazingly enough to make him POTUS thanks to them, is more like it, but that does not get us better health care, or better relations or better trade with our allies, or better jobs, or a better economy, or less terrorism, or better standing in the world. All talk and a crooked walk is not better leadership far as most of us are concerned anyway.

Might expect some sort of "unpresidented" presidential address about this all considered, but I suppose Trump will be tweeting us all we really need to know simple and soon enough. Or judging from some of these comments, his supporters are already taking care of that nonsense for him, seemingly to make sure the nonsense never stops!
Apparently some threads were merged together which caused me to miss this.

Yes, I'm going to mock. Because again, while liberals are gloating and celebrating some supposed win, what they fail to comprehend is that by allowing Obamacare to implode, by shelving Ryancare and NOT letting it for a vote, it puts that disastrous failure Obamacare right back at the feet of the Dems. There will be no Ryancare to bail the Dems out of the mess that they created.

Obamacare is going to fail.

Nancy Pelosi will get to own every last shred of it, and will not get to blame any overbloated crapfest called Ryancare for it. It's all on her.

So, by all means, dance around, laugh hysterically, screech with joy...as it did on election night, it's going to be hilarious when the libs finally figure out that Trump, once again, out manuevered them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 10:49 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I didn't cry, what are you talking about? I did think that the movie Idiocracy had elevated in status to a documentary though with Cheetah being the real life Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
Oh you cried! Don't deny it, I saw the video!!

Old 03-24-2017, 10:58 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,870,368 times
[/b][/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
This blame game.

It's obvious "enough" GOPers think ACA is better than no ACA at all if they don't wanna give up Medicaid expansion, pre-existing condition clause, or insurance til 26. That means the only path forward is to fix (or "replace" - whichever marketing term you prefer) the things that didn't work with ACA and keep the things that did work. The latest GOP bill DID keep the things that worked, so I son't get why it's so hard for anyone on the right to admit there was anything that worked in it at all.

It seems like we're all on the same side now, or should be, which is to try another bill that fixes the things that don't work. Only a minority want to completely repeal it and go back to pre-ACA, if Trump is to be believed that they were just 5 people short of passing it. So why can't we all actually start acting like we're on the same side. Right now it's not Dem-owned OR Rep-owned but starting to become a Frankenstein.
Exactly!
How do we get the pols to work together on this? Am I the only one that feels like Bernie would have been in the minority on this?

Old 03-24-2017, 11:01 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Yes, I'm going to mock. Because again, while liberals are gloating and celebrating some supposed win, what they fail to comprehend is that by allowing Obamacare to implode, by shelving Ryancare and NOT letting it for a vote, it puts that disastrous failure Obamacare right back at the feet of the Dems. There will be no Ryancare to bail the Dems out of the mess that they created.

Nancy Pelosi will get to own every last shred of it, and will not get to blame any overbloated crapfest called Ryancare for it. It's all on her.

So, by all means, dance around, laugh hysterically, screech with joy...as it did on election night, it's going to be hilarious when the libs finally figure out that Trump, once again, out manuevered them.
Yeah, it didn't work out like Trump wanted, so let's spin it as a great victory for him. As always, Trump is the smartest guy on the planet.

You can put as much lipstick on this pig as you want, but that doesn't change what it is.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:02 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
OP, I think you should get the thread title changed - it should just read "Trump's Done".

Old 03-24-2017, 11:03 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,870,368 times
Quote:

Yea I totally get it- the GOP has the votes to change the rules to allow their plan to pass by simple majority ( like they changed the rules around to block Obamas last Supreme Court nominee) but they CHOSE not to- now they get to point fingers at the Dems while they sit around and don't make any changes at all..

Just plain old party politics as usual.
Y'all gonna really celebrate that.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:05 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:

But Trump was going to fix it, immediately, day one, repeal and replace it, with something better, for everyone!

He said so. At every rally.

If you think anyone's going to forget that anytime soon, you're delusional.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:08 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Quote:
Unfortuntaley, it seems the Republicans have blown any chance to capitalize on the pending implosion of Obamacare. Why? Because they have NO PLAN. For seven plus years we have heard they will repeal. The left and Obama especially continually said show us a plan of your own. Well, they finally get that chance and they blow it. Now who is to say the republicans will benefit if Obamacare implodes? They will still be ridiculed for not having a plan. I'd say the two parties would then be on equal ground. The left working the angle of tweaking the current ACA. And the right working the angle, of "trust us, we have a good plan this time, even though we lied and got caught with our pants down the first time".

Old 03-24-2017, 11:24 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
so, when will we see massive protests against rising healthcare premiums?

when premiums triple in price?

surely there are millions of democrats who are paying out the ass, and pissed off about it.
When will the constituency force their reps to swallow their pride and vote to repeal?

Old 03-24-2017, 11:28 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,769,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Trump threatens to leave ObamaCare in place if repeal bill fails | TheHill

If the vote fails, Trump will move on to other priorities and ObamaCare will stay as the law of the land, Mulvaney said.

Well, that was fast.
Yeah, it's complicated so he quit. What a wimp. So, is it off to Mar a Lago this weekend for some golf?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies