Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 05:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Says he is looking to do the right thing.....will he? All I'm saying is the article is noting he is going to try and get (D)'s on board. On board for what, I don't know.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-h...ure-1490547877

White House Opens Door to Democrats in Wake of Health-Bill Failure

Or just another worthless threat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 06:14 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
The Freedom Caucus has been doing this since 2010 although this time they did us a favor by blocking bad legislations although they did for the wrong reason, they thought this bill was too liberal. The GOP will at some point need the support of the democrats as they go forward with tax reform and other legislation, they won't have enough votes to pass anything without their support.

If you look at the FC they are mostly from red states and they want the nation to live as if it's 1920, some of them have been voted out but there remains 20+ of this radical group. Hopefully they will be voted out but not optimistic.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:45 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
first you need to figure out

Who funds this group of people, ....easy Koch brothers. ( easy to find )

Now search and find what did the Koch brother say? ... easy again, Koch publicly in the full light of day Ordered the freedom caucus to vote no, (they wanted much harsher terms) or they would not get money in 2018 and would find themselves fighting a well funded opponent come primaries in 2018

YOU ABSOLUTELY need to understand that the Koch family OWNs these people. they got most of them in, they fund them and they protect them. But those people most vote whatever way they are told to vote, or they lose their funding, and get primaried to death..

Koch network pledges to defend Republicans who vote against GOP health bill - POLITICO

Koch brothers launch a last-ditch effort to sink 'Trumpcare' - Business Insider

Koch brothers want no gov in healthcare, social security etc. They would rather see you, me and everyone die, than get a nickel of public monies. if there is a hell, they will (be) in the deepest hole, along with history's other murderous scum.

These two have a "dark money" network that funnels many millions of dollars to religion-based activist groups, universities and those who promote fundamentalist values. Maybe they figure they can buy their way out of that place you recommend for their final retirement. It's astounding how they can work so hard to destroy the very system that allowed them to acquire, enjoy and exploit, their billions of wealth.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:47 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
I need to check - wonder if I'm covered if I need to seek treatment for an excess of schadenfreude?

Old 03-26-2017, 08:54 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Reading this article, I was amazed that grown people in congress would be playing games that most of us outgrew after Kindergarten. This so-called Freedom Caucus made a pact among themselves, that no one of them would make a commitment to vote to pass the ACA legislation, unless they consulted with the group and had their permission.

I wonder how the constituents of these individuals feel, when they realize their interests are not being represented, but rather those of an independent, renegade group, with its own, contrary agenda. Their jobs are supposed to be to promote the well-being of their own constituents and also those of the country as a whole. I don't like any of these self-organized coalitions, that are attempts to gain more power for the self-interests of these politicians.

How a secret Freedom Caucus pact brought down Obamacare repeal - POLITICO
That caucus is safer now than ever as their constituents are very conservative.

The reality is the path of least resistance is to wait out the 18-24 months of life ACA has left. That will make passing a market-based plan an easy alternative to pass, with bi-partisan support.

Anyone not aware ACA is in , per AEETNA, its death cycle, is delusional.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Reading this article, I was amazed that grown people in congress would be playing games that most of us outgrew after Kindergarten. This so-called Freedom Caucus made a pact among themselves, that no one of them would make a commitment to vote to pass the ACA legislation, unless they consulted with the group and had their permission.

I wonder how the constituents of these individuals feel, when they realize their interests are not being represented, but rather those of an independent, renegade group, with its own, contrary agenda. Their jobs are supposed to be to promote the well-being of their own constituents and also those of the country as a whole. I don't like any of these self-organized coalitions, that are attempts to gain more power for the self-interests of these politicians.

How a secret Freedom Caucus pact brought down Obamacare repeal - POLITICO

Obamacare Lite... That's why!

Old 03-26-2017, 09:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
That caucus is safer now than ever as their constituents are very conservative.

The reality is the path of least resistance is to wait out the 18-24 months of life ACA has left. That will make passing a market-based plan an easy alternative to pass, with bi-partisan support.

Anyone not aware ACA is in , per AEETNA, its death cycle, is delusional.
Well unless the "do your job" crowd realizes they are just obstructionists. I mean a number did face the town halls.

The market-based plan is what we had and we had bankruptcy and sky-rocketing costs. Every problem we blame Obamacare for, we had under pre-Obamacare other than the pre-existing conditions. Medicare for all is the only answer. If I ever was president, I'll pocket veto any bill until I get that and veto any healthcare option that isn't Medicare for all.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:34 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Obamacare Lite... That's why!
It took the good out of it, namely the pre-existing conditions and the 26 year old mandate. Plus the individual mandate which caused the young people to buy and offset the 55-66 crowd that would face rate-hikes under this proposal.

A broken clock is right twice a day. This was one of those times for the Freedom Caucus, sometime next week I'll find something to ***** at them over.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:38 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Freedom Caucus has been doing this since 2010 although this time they did us a favor by blocking bad legislations although they did for the wrong reason, they thought this bill was too liberal. The GOP will at some point need the support of the democrats as they go forward with tax reform and other legislation, they won't have enough votes to pass anything without their support.

If you look at the FC they are mostly from red states and they want the nation to live as if it's 1920, some of them have been voted out but there remains 20+ of this radical group. Hopefully they will be voted out but not optimistic.
They're all in very safe districts so unfortunately it's not gonna happen. Jim Jordan reps nearby Urbana OH and it's 80+% Republican with conservative Christians who vote along abortion lines and justify the rest of the unChrist-like legislation accordingly.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:40 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Freedom caucas=Koch brothers. Biggest sell outs in dc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies