Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 01:58 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1 NIV

The Jews referred to God as "the Word." Here, John applied it to Christ.
Yes, King James Bible John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:59 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No, they put Mohammad in the place of Jesus. Mohammad was not God. It is a false religion.
They don't say that Mohammad was God. They call Mohammad a prophet. The God they worship is the same God that the Jewish and Christian believers worship.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:00 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And Satan was not a personification of evil in Judaism or early Christianity, either. That concept developed later.
Huh?? Wow. You're really confused.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They don't say that Mohammad was God. They call Mohammad a prophet. The God they worship is the same God that the Jewish and Christian believers worship.
One savior, the one pointed to in the old testament is Jesus. He is not just a prophet, he is God in the flesh.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:05 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, really. Why is it so difficult for some to grasp the concept of live and let live? NO ONE on this Earth can claim superiority or correctness in belief as a matter of unmitigated fact. We are all doing our best and our belief system is part of that. If YOU want to believe in the Christian god and religion and its tenets, then go for it. But there is absolutely NO REASON that Abdul down the street can't do the same with his five prayers a day and religious garb. The problem is that you've falsely believe you have a right to believe the way you want while believing others do not. While I acknowledge that true and everlasting peace is impossible, there is no reason to make our lives all the more divided, chaotic, contentious and miserable by denigrating others who believe differently than we do. When you stop putting people into us and them categories, you might actually find you have more in common with different people than you previously thought.
Christians are only going by what they believe just as the Jews and Muslims. This is why it should be up to the TEACHER to understand her students. If one group wants respect about not drawing cartoons of Mohammed, than at least understand Christians believe Jesus was crucified. Doesn't seem to me the teacher was looking for any answer, she wanted her answer. She could have not made a big deal about this, but she is. Knowing her students might be the first lesson for her to learn, before passing out assignments on religion.

Running to Facebook to solve the solution makes me think this teacher is not ready for college teaching. Are you saying this teacher was not trying to push her own viewpoint? Upon looking up Middle Eastern humanities this college class does have Christian curriculum. So much for those who thought a Christian joined the class to be disruptive!

HIST 213: The Age of the Crusades
RELG 312: Christianity in the Middle East
RELG 313: Eastern Orthodox Christianity

Old 03-31-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They believe all what Mohammad said. The Quran came from Mohammad , the entire religion came from Mohammad . They put Mohammad above Jesus.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:27 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Ya know, this has gotten waaay off topic from the discussion.

Whether or not your interpretation of G-d's laws or mine are the "correct" or "incorrect" one does not actually matter in regards to what happened in the class.

The student was wildly out of line turning a Middle Eastern Humanities class into "MY CHRISTIAN BELIEFS ARE SUPERIOR AND YOU ARE ALL WRONG" distraction. Repeatedly. Then he became an even more spoiled, whiny, entitled excrement over a poor grade. He threatened legal action. He was suspended. Told not to contact the teacher. Told not to contact a specific student (although this was never explained).

The school received over 100,000 angry, vile, and downright disgusting emails and phone calls. The teacher was attacked with vile, disgusting, and downright deplorable commentary. Many of it from self-proclaimed Christians. And in an attempt to get all the harassment to stop, they reinstated the student, but from the sounds of it will not be returning to this particular teacher's classroom.

So congratulations to all the Christians who showed what being a loving Christian is all about. It must be great knowing that you can still go to heaven after telling someone that they deserve to be raped and burned alive. So while I don't believe in Hell (hi, I'm Jewish), if that's where I end up, I'd rather be there than stuck for eternity with people like that.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:33 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Huh?? Wow. You're really confused.
No, I'm not. I am quite clear. Ask a local rabbi, or even your clergy if they were educated in a seminary. They would know this.

And you're pretty condescending and have quite the superior attitude for someone who is parading himself about as the big Christian. I don't recall Jesus acting like a jerk.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:35 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,520,181 times
There was one person on here who cursed me out for calling Russians drunks. Now I know why he was so defensive.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:44 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
The college class should be factual; i.e., this religion believes X, this religion believes Y, this one says Z.

Imagine if we just learned instead of insisting our way was the right way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies