Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 06:27 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I agree, it's stupid to believe someone rose from the dead. But hey, if that's what happens, then he's a zombie.
So, you're calling Jesus Christ a "zombie?"

Obviously you don't believe in God, the creator of all things, of if you do believe in God, you don't believe he is all powerful.

The fact of the matter is that there were witnesses to Jesus' death, and witnesses to the fact of his resurrection, and they wrote about it.

Do you also not believe in what is known as the "holocaust?" Because you weren't there to witness it? Is recorded history not sufficient for you?

Jesus was God in human form (God in the flesh). He said, "I and the Father are one."

Old 03-30-2017, 06:39 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Good idea. Form your basis for belief on a movie. Many people use this and similar justification for what they believe. Makes as much sense as saying "I believe in God but not anything that it says in the Bible about Him -- at least, not the things that I disagree with."

Some call this "cafeteria religion". Pick and choose the belief du jour.
What? How is this a response to my post?

You really did not understand that I was talking about people who see everyone else as evil but themselves as not? Sorry, YOU do not get to decide that about another person anymore than I do.

That sort of thinking is unChristian no matter what form you follow.

Oh, and the Twilight Zone was a TV show, not a movie. It quite cleverly told truths about humanity by using supernatural tales to do so.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Am I the only person who finds both of these attitudes offensive?

It's not okay to call someone else's faith stupid. If you disagree with it, fine. Disagree. But isn't it possible to do so with respect, if not for their beliefs, then for their humanity?

And wow. What kind of person who believes in hell gloats, or appears to gloat, about the idea of another human being going there?
^Exactly my point above, and the poster you quoted, by the way, is a caricature of that thinking. He posts frequently on the Christianity forum, roundly condemning everyone else as doomed. I didn't get the memo that he'd been given this special authority..

Four O'clock.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:44 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Ask a Muslim proof that Mohammed ascended into heaven.

Watch them go into an arm waving frenzy.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:48 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Why on earth would I be drawn to believe in a faith that harbors such evil? Please explain.
Are we to assume, then, that you don't believe in God?

Old 03-30-2017, 06:48 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Another Muslim nutjob throwing a temper tantrum when she her hatred and lies were challenged? I suppose the kid should be glad his head is still attached. So many of today's colleges and universities are NOT places of education but instead of indoctrination.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:49 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Ask a Muslim proof that Mohammed ascended into heaven.

Watch them go into an arm waving frenzy.
Ask them for proof that he wasn't a a murderer, rapist and pedophile.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Are we to assume, then, that you don't believe in God?
1. Believing in God does not necessarily equal believing in Hell. You know that, right?

2. That poster has already made it clear that Jewish people do not have a "hell" in their religion, which a person with a basic education of the most prominent religions would already know, so your questions seems...not nice.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:33 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
1. Believing in God does not necessarily equal believing in Hell. You know that, right?

2. That poster has already made it clear that Jewish people do not have a "hell" in their religion, which a person with a basic education of the most prominent religions would already know, so your questions seems...not nice.
But expected of someone who believes that people who don't think like they do will burn in eternal damnation.

I could ask the same thing of that poster because their G-d doesn't seem a think like mine, which doesn't seem a thing like someone who is Hindu, Pagan, or Shinto.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:37 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
The college campus is no longer becoming a place for free debates.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31853/
A humanities professor is nothing more than a preacher from the pulpit preaching their view. I've had a number of humanities classes at the college level. just about every one of the professors abused their power as they projected their ideological "truth" onto the class.

I've even had a couple science professors do the same in their attempts to explain "god".

In reality, their opinion is no more valid than the students they instruct. They can ascribe to a religion and project their view, but they have no right to project this onto children as some type of truth that's been discovered by some "expert".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies