Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 09:47 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times

Advertisements

The fact that people are still discussing the resurrection proves that Jesus did in fact rise from the dead. 2000 yrs have past, and Jesus is still the topic. Only God could have thought of such a plan to confound the so called "wise".

Old 03-29-2017, 09:48 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Malcolm X, formerly Malcolm Little.
So it was middle eastern humanities? Or just humanities? If it was the first then I can maybe understand he should have known the topic was about cultural ideals of middle eastern. Although, there are a few Christians in the middle east. If it was just a humanities class then I can't understand it.

Still, it's just a bit sad that there can't be more open conversation in some of these classes. I remember I had two types of professors. One that taught like we were in high school, rules, be quiet, on time, no questions passing out dittos or moving chapter to chapter.

Then I had the later that was teaching and communicating as if we were colleagues. Allowing discussion and questions even if it derailed a bit of the lesson. Those were the most enjoyable classes, and the classes I attained the most information from.

The later is becoming more rare lately, and with the given pc movement people are just afraid to ask questions, share ideas or state opposing views. I can see why. Everything social feels unstable.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:54 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The fact that people are still discussing the resurrection proves that Jesus did in fact rise from the dead. 2000 yrs have past, and Jesus is still the topic. Only God could have thought of such a plan to confound the so called "wise".
Guess that means Muhammad did in fact ride off to heaven on a flying horse too.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:54 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I could easily say I guess you missed the sermon telling Christians not to pray on the street for all to see or make a big deal about fasting. I'm of the mind that when you quietly live a Godly life, respect other people and give them the latitude you want for yourself that you get a better response than preaching in people's faces and telling them they'll go to hell for not believing what you believe. I left my light shine for all to see but I don't set fires to burn people with. There's a difference. YMMV
I know of no one who prays on the street other then those who need prayer and ask for prayer from another Christian. I know of no one talking about their fasting.

Jesus said all are living in sin are in condemnation already sentenced to go to hell. Jesus came to stop them from going to hell. This is the message of Jesus. Jesus spoke of Hell many times in his teachings.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:59 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Guess that means Muhammad did in fact ride off to heaven on a flying horse too.
Muhammad is dead and in the grave, but Jesus is alive forever more -- and you unbelievers are still talking about Him 2000 yrs later. God is great!

Old 03-29-2017, 10:24 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Funny, I could say the same thing about the Prophet Muhammad. Praise Allah!

Old 03-29-2017, 10:26 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I know of no one who prays on the street other then those who need prayer and ask for prayer from another Christian. I know of no one talking about their fasting.

Jesus said all are living in sin are in condemnation already sentenced to go to hell. Jesus came to stop them from going to hell. This is the message of Jesus. Jesus spoke of Hell many times in his teachings.
Jesus sounds like a pretty awful Jew to lie so much - Hell is not something any Jew would believe in. Did Jesus make it up? Or did his followers?

Old 03-29-2017, 10:32 AM

540 posts, read 363,083 times
Quote:
Muhammad is dead and in the grave, but Jesus is alive forever more -- and you unbelievers are still talking about Him 2000 yrs later. God is great!
Amen.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:50 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
That measure can be used to validate any other religion as well - from Islam to Judaism to Hinduism to Sikhism to Taoism and dozens of others.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:52 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

People talk about fasting every year during Lent. People get ashes every year at the beginning of Lent. Many people go out on the streets proclaiming their faith and praying for nonbelievers. I know what Jesus taught. I also don't believe Jesus meant to use our faith as weapons against others as I don't believe that is showing the love Jesus commanded of his followers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies