Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 10:54 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Muhammad is dead and in the grave, but Jesus is alive forever more -- and you unbelievers are still talking about Him 2000 yrs later. God is great!
Ummm...we are still talking about Muhammad too. And the Torah is alive and well too. People still practice Buddhism, Taoism, Paganism as well.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:59 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
People talk about fasting every year during Lent. People get ashes every year at the beginning of Lent. Many people go out on the streets proclaiming their faith and praying for nonbelievers. I know what Jesus taught. I also don't believe Jesus meant to use our faith as weapons against others as I don't believe that is showing the love Jesus commanded of his followers.
Social media is literally covered with ash-covered foreheads on Ash Wednesday.

You don't really see many Jews taking selfies during Yom Kippur...

Old 03-29-2017, 11:02 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post

Yes, exactly. I see many, many, many examples of Christians flaunting their faith on social media every day.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:42 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,075,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I personally know someone who was expelled from getting his master's for being a conservative and writing his thesis that Thomas Jefferson was a conservative. His professor had him expelled and did not accept that Jefferson was a conservative. This is how bad it is.
Does he have written records of his correspondence? He should post publicly the drafts of his thesis, as well as the notice he was expelled from getting his master's.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:51 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What a great quote! Was not familiar with that one.
Yes, a great quote for non-believers to adopt.

It makes no sense to a Christian who knows what God has said and done.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:17 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post

Well, Yom Kippur is a day of atonement. You wouldn't.

But you must not have many Jewish friends on Facebook if you don't see the Purim photos. :P

Old 03-29-2017, 01:24 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
The fact that people are still discussing the resurrection proves that Jesus did in fact rise from the dead.
Just like a zombie.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:26 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
That measure can be used to validate any other religion as well - from Islam to Judaism to Hinduism to Sikhism to Taoism and dozens of others.
The Bible was here on earth when you were born and it will still be here when you're dead and gone. Will you people ever learn?

Old 03-29-2017, 01:28 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
The Bible was here on earth when you were born and it will still be here when you're dead and gone. Will you people ever learn?
Torah has been here since long before the Bible.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:28 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
i guess you missed the sermon of Jesus telling his believers to go into all the world and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.
What is an agnostic Christian.......this may be the only answer you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Where are we talking about a child? This is an adult college student. The parents obviously already failed to raise an adult who can take constructive criticism. He was disruptive in class.

I would love to see the paper - if he wrote a paper on the crucifixion based on his faith rather than on research and scholarship, then he deserved the failing grade. The email does not inspire confidence in the quality of his paper - maybe he would be better served spending some time in the college writing center?
I should have put student.......my point, why is the teacher hitting up facebook on ways to deal with this? If one were to read the article, the student was not rude. He, merely said, what he believed as a Christian.......doesn't seem the teacher wanted historical or faith based answer.

How would the student answer anyone who thought...........Islamic beliefs about Jesus: True prophet sent by God, but message corrupted and superseded by Muhammad.......?

From the article the student claims;“Whether religious or not, I believe even those with limited knowledge of Christianity can agree that according to the text, Jesus was crucified and his followers did believe he was divine… that he was ‘God,’” he continued. “Regardless, to assert the contrary as academic fact is not supported by the evidence.”

Seems to me it is the teacher who ought to ask better questions or be prepared for educated Christians to challenge her. Maybe, the teacher ought to keep this kind of religion out of the classroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Yes, a great quote for non-believers to adopt.

It makes no sense to a Christian who knows what God has said and done.
Obviously, the poster doesn't see the irony in the quote or that Jesus told His followers what to look for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies