Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 03:03 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,096,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
another one of trump's compassionate moves.
You're right. Democrats like planned parenthood as a method of population control
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 03:03 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,598,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
No tax dollars fund abortion, that is just a false claim. The GOP wants to reduce Medicaid, not increase it. And defunding Planned Parenthood simply results in more poor people having poor and unplanned children.

This is a red state problem. Blue states should continue to fund Planned Parenthood and help people to plan their families. Let red states deal with their own poor decisions. We should not raise funds for Planned Parenthood nationally but for our own states. We should not save red states from themselves.
That's not thinking ahead very well. If those rednecks keep reproducing themselves, more of them will be swarming into the civilized parts of the country.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:04 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
NO, you're the one with an agenda.

A fertilized egg is not a child. A fetus is not a child. And a woman should not be compelled to have children she does not want.
Do you know that a baby has it's own heartbeat and bloodstream and circulatory system after 20-24 days? Anything after that is taking the life.

What is the earliest premie baby born? About 5 months?

Yes - I have an agenda to protect life. So what? Is that OK? Should I live without agendas and preferences?

Old 03-30-2017, 03:05 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
How does it take away from your freedom of choice? Please explain this.
Why don't you think about it?

Say you're a little gal who just turned 18 and you live in Arkansas and your boyfriend raped you and now you're pregnant. You've got a scholarship to the University of Chicago, but there's no way you can go to college if you're pregnant. Where in Arkansas are you going to get an abortion? Use google, it's your friend.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:05 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
That's not thinking ahead very well. If those rednecks keep reproducing themselves, more of them will be swarming into the civilized parts of the country.
That is a problem but poor people are less likely to move so we'll see. It's just mind-boggling that red state voters can't grasp something so obvious.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:07 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Please tell me you are being playful here, because Eugene Oregon is literally one tiny splat with a college in the middle of hundreds of miles of serious redneck methville USA. People in glass houses and all that.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:09 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Do you know that a baby has it's own heartbeat and bloodstream and circulatory system after 20-24 days? Anything after that is taking the life.

Yes - I have an agenda to protect life. So what? Is that OK? Should I live without agendas and preferences?
as a woman my choice if I want to give birth is mine. my choice is secondary to any pregnancy. mu choice to give birth or not.

protect life? are you for the death penalty? what about the life languishing in deep freeze of fertility clinics?
the life of innocents killed in military confits?

you would rather a woman be forced to give birth?

Old 03-30-2017, 03:11 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
You're right. Democrats like planned parenthood as a method of population control
FYI John, republicans as well as democrats have abortions. rich and poor as well as conservative and liberal and everywhere in between.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:12 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

You have an agenda to protect life that only extends about 10 months past conception.

As far as your earlier question, if my mother had aborted me when she was 6 weeks pregnant, I would not have known or cared.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:13 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Ahhh ... it finally comes out. You are so fecking bi-partisan that you openly take pleasure in seeing women suffer from lack of services just because they live in states where the majority party makes crappy decisions.

That makes you a terrible person in my book. Vapid and devoid of true compassion ... just a strong sense of elitism and smug hope for failure no matter who it actually affects at the end of the day. Well gee us women are just *so* lucky to have someone like you fighting for us .. even if it's completely fake.
Dang... you are most deserving of of a rep here... and I can't give it to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies