Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 01:59 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,598,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
We certainly don't want low-income Americans to get the birth control or screening for STD's they've been getting from Planned Parenthood.

This is only the 2nd time Pence has carried out any official function and both have enacted atrocities on our society. One put a moron in charge of making students smarter and this time, morons will be infringed in their ability to avoid reproducing themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 02:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I do not want my tax dollars paying to kill a baby. I want no part in that!

Women's healthcare is not killing a baby despite what the liberals are trying to sell. PP wants to perform abortions and finds that more important than being funded for actual healthcare.
No tax dollars fund abortion, that is just a false claim. The GOP wants to reduce Medicaid, not increase it. And defunding Planned Parenthood simply results in more poor people having poor and unplanned children.

This is a red state problem. Blue states should continue to fund Planned Parenthood and help people to plan their families. Let red states deal with their own poor decisions. We should not raise funds for Planned Parenthood nationally but for our own states. We should not save red states from themselves.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:01 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
This isn't just about abortion. It is also about educating and preventing unwanted pregnancies and STDs.
.....has anyone told pence yet?

Old 03-30-2017, 02:02 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
It is about abortion to Planned Parenthood. They insist on doing abortions making that a priority over getting federal funding.

Actually, if we deport the illegal aliens, that alone will reduce dirt-poor people. I think you will find that the issue of abortion has less to do with the poor and more to do with the convenience of the more wealthy having the option available. And, yes, I suppose they encourage the poor to have abortions, we all remember Margaret Sanger now don't we?

That is what I don't understand, the whining when there are county health departments and clinics with sliding fee scales, of course, they aren't all set up in black neighborhoods like the clinics that provide abortion. Medicaid provides birth control and other services related to wellness.

Yes, but in this case they were asking about the COMPASSION and $600,000 would pay for a lot of "women's healthcare" if it weren't going to a CEO. Was that one selling baby parts for some extra cash on the side? Maybe $600,000 isn't considered enough.

Some people just never have enough and let's face it, morals aren't exactly in play with these people in the first place.

County and community clinics with sliding fees based on income and Medicaid would be where these people would turn. Unplanned pregnancies seem to be at an all time high when you look at the number of abortions, got to wonder how people pre-1960 ever controlled the size of their family - think personal responsibility and birth control from the drug store counter. Maybe people are getting dumber or just more irresponsible.

Not really. Preventing pregnancy isn't rocket science. I don't believe the red states probably have a high rate of abortion in the first place. Entire country is suffering from the birth rate of illegal aliens and no one sees an issue there now do they? Illegal aliens increase the poverty rate and continue to have more and more children for welfare checks.

Seriously, have you never heard of Medicaid? About county and community health centers that operate on a sliding fee scale? I don't know if some of these people just live under rocks and come out to listen to CNN or if they are in grade school and know nothing of the world, but there are services for the poor.

Everyone knows that abortion advocates are the ones driving this. They are willing to see PP shutdown and not provide birth control in the name of abortion.

I do not want my tax dollars paying to kill a baby. I want no part in that!

Women's healthcare is not killing a baby despite what the liberals are trying to sell. PP wants to perform abortions and finds that more important than being funded for actual healthcare.

***Note: Many liberals have said they would prefer Pence to Trump.
I will address your last comment on abortion. abortion is a medical procedure, it requires a doctor, and is a medical service woman use. what else would you call it if not a woman's health care?

PP does far more than abortions, they need not be penalized for providing a legal service.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:05 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
No tax dollars fund abortion, that is just a false claim. The GOP wants to reduce Medicaid, not increase it. And defunding Planned Parenthood simply results in more poor people having poor and unplanned children.

This is a red state problem. Blue states should continue to fund Planned Parenthood and help people to plan their families. Let red states deal with their own poor decisions. We should not raise funds for Planned Parenthood nationally but for our own states. We should not save red states from themselves.
Please explain how exactly it is a red state problem when the top two abortion states are California and New York?

In your quest to denigrate red states, you are showing a serious lack of concern for the fact that blue states lead in abortions.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:06 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Like you really give a crap about all those poor children. You're here gloating and wishing harm upon entire states of people just because they didn't/don't vote your way. California and New York are the top two states where abortions are performed. These rules will hurt your democratic komrades more than anyone else.

Wise up ... and don't make your contempt so pathetically obvious.
Highest number of abortions were #1: CA and #2: NY In 2013, 37.4% of all pregnancies in NYC ended in abortion. In 2014, 17% of legal abortions were performed in CA: Facts About Abortion: U.S. Abortion Statistics

Old 03-30-2017, 02:08 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
NOPE. Let red states fill their states with poor and unplanned children and let red state voters fund the result.

The best solution is to let these voters see the long term effects. They only hurt themselves.
Is Planned Parenthood the only group that helps women?

I think my OP stated that PP handles a third of the subset of people seeking those services.

There are plenty of people in red states that help women.

I don't want to fund PP and their abortion practices. Like I said before... I will take my chances.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:09 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Please do not tell me what I care about, when you have no clue.

If you care about sustaining what PP does, and you believe in their cause - send them some money.

This is what churches do when they help others. They put in their time and effort and money and help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not my job to guarantee one's quality of life.

I do want them to have the opportunity.

You guys act like no one has ever made a quality life out of tough life circumstances.

It's all doom and gloom because your pet issue has been knocked down a peg and will need to find some other funding. Welcome to the real world.
You said it right in this thread. You must be taking your cues from Trump. Say something one minute and deny saying it the next.

Ridiculous.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:10 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Seacove is more interested in bullsh1tting people into thinking that abortion is a red state problem than being compassionate and concerned about the fact that this stupid law is going to affect Democratic states just as much if not more.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:10 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Highest number of abortions were #1: CA and #2: NY In 2013, 37.4% of all pregnancies in NYC ended in abortion. In 2014, 17% of legal abortions were performed in CA: Facts About Abortion: U.S. Abortion Statistics
Abortion is legal, is not taxpayer funded, and reduces unplanned pregnancies. The issue here is what exactly?

Blue states wanting to help people plan their families is not a bad thing. Red states choosing to fill their communities with poor children from poor parents will pay a much greater price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Seacove is more interested in bullsh1tting people into thinking that abortion is a red state problem than being compassionate and concerned about the fact that this stupid law is going to affect Democratic states just as much if not more.
How is any of that true? Where have I said abortions don't happen in blue states? And how will Democratic states, that will help fund Planned Parenthood, suffer more? They want to help poor people plan their families and reduce a painful social cost.

By all means red states, get rid of Planned Parenthood and pay a much greater price.

Just don't start asking for federal funds to solve the self-created problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies