Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 03:14 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,617 times

Advertisements

One way, we can help poor women get their abortions, is delegate one of the many charities, where women can go to, for funds. There are volunteers that can drive families to their appointments, and there is help with bus tickets. Low wages earners sadly will need to take time from their jobs and may not get paid. I am sorry for this. If anyone needs to terminate, go ahead and make your appointment (you can always change your mind) then visit one of the charities. And remember to steer clear of facilities that will profit from newborn humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 03:16 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Do you know that a baby has it's own heartbeat and bloodstream and circulatory system after 20-24 days? Anything after that is taking the life.

What is the earliest premie baby born? About 5 months?

Yes - I have an agenda to protect life. So what? Is that OK? Should I live without agendas and preferences?
Did you know that some tumors have blood supplies, too? At 24 days, it's not a child. You are romanticizing fertilized eggs. Women who seek abortions are very aware of what a miracle a child is. They are also very aware of how much it takes to raise children. Something many men are oblivious to, because they leave it to women to make sure the children are fed and bathed, that the children have clean clothes, and so on. But since most women who seek abortions already have children, and love and treasure those children, they are concerned about the children they already have, and they are concerned about themselves, something which they are totally entitled to be. Because they know that the more children they have, the less money they have to take care of their children, and the less money they have to put away for their own retirement. They know that they will earn less in the workplace because employers anticipate that women will take more time off to take care of sick children and to attend to other needs of their children. They know that pregnancy itself is expensive, and that after the child is born, that maternity leave is not universal, and even if they are fortunate, that there is no guarantee that they will get their old job back. They know how difficult it is to get a childcare center to accept newborns. They know that pregnancy is risky, that women die because of pregnancy and childbirth complications, and that women suffer from health complications all the time caused by pregnancy. No matter what, pregnancy changes a woman's body FOREVER.

But it's not like you care. All you care about is a fertilized egg.

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
One way, we can help poor women get their abortions, is delegate one of the many charities, where women can go to, for funds. There are volunteers that can drive families to their appointments, and there is help with bus tickets. Low wages earners sadly will need to take time from their jobs and may not get paid. I am sorry for this. If anyone needs to terminate, go ahead and make your appointment (you can always change your mind) then visit one of the charities. And remember to steer clear of facilities that will profit from newborn humans.
That's exactly how it's been ever since the Hyde Amendment was passed.

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
as a woman my choice if I want to give birth is mine. my choice is secondary to any pregnancy. mu choice to give birth or not.

protect life? are you for the death penalty? what about the life languishing in deep freeze of fertility clinics?
the life of innocents killed in military confits?

you would rather a woman be forced to give birth?
The death penalty puts a high cost on the taking of a life - so yes I am pro death penalty.

Unfortunately - gotta run from the "fun" here.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:19 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Yes!!! A positive step in the right direction. Thank you for this post. If people want to be proactive, call your local PP and find out what charities they work with locally, and then SUPPORT THEM.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:27 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why don't you think about it?

Say you're a little gal who just turned 18 and you live in Arkansas and your boyfriend raped you and now you're pregnant. You've got a scholarship to the University of Chicago, but there's no way you can go to college if you're pregnant. Where in Arkansas are you going to get an abortion? Use google, it's your friend.
Abortion is legal in Arkansas. It is also legal in other states.

So again, how is this restricting freedom of choice?

Old 03-30-2017, 03:29 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Everybody has the right to reproduce.
If they CAN'T PROVIDE for the children the reproduce, maybe the shouldn't.

I SHOULD have the right to keep the money I earn.

Taking what I earn and giving to people who reproduce and CAN"T afford the kids should NOT be the burden on the rest of us

Old 03-30-2017, 03:29 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Abortion is legal in Arkansas. It is also legal in other states.

So again, how is this restricting freedom of choice?
Where are you going to get an abortion in Arkansas?

Old 03-30-2017, 03:33 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Where are you going to get an abortion in Arkansas?
Little Rock has the state's only private clinic that performs abortions.

One is better than none.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:33 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If they CAN'T PROVIDE for the children the reproduce, maybe the shouldn't.

I SHOULD have the right to keep the money I earn.

Taking what I earn and giving to people who reproduce and CAN"T afford the kids should NOT be the burden on the rest of us
No it shouldn't but again, this is saving a dollar but spending millions. Poor people that cannot afford to plan their families result in many many poor children that result in making the parents even more pore, resulting in filling communities with more poor people, filling the schools with poor children that are less likely to finish school, less likely to go to college and more likely to perpetuate their circumstances on their next generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies