Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 02:38 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'm sorry you don't believe people can change and make things better for themselves... or that others may desire to help people in tough situations.

You were 6 week old fetus at one time. Are you important? You tell me...

nice side step DR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 02:38 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
You can't tell the difference between me saying it's not my job to guarantee quality of life -and- caring about others?

Let me put it this way... you will say you care about women's rights, yet you have no problem killing a female child in the womb and her right to life.

I'm not the one with the problem.
I can't tell the difference because there IS no difference. We advocate for things that are important to us. You only care about unborn children and newborns and don't care what happens to them after that. It's clear from your posts.

As far as abortion is concerned, I advocate (and send money to PP) to help provide effective, long-term birth control to whoever wants it, because it has been shown to be the most effective way to reduce the number of unplanned pregnancies and abortions.

I also don't believe that the government should have a voice in what a woman, the father of her child, and her doctor decide to do with a pregnancy if she does not want to carry it to term. Those three people are capable of making that decision and they don't need a senator, congressman, or president telling them what to do.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:40 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you don't believe people can change and make things better for themselves... or that others may desire to help people in tough situations.
Red states will do well to remember this when their states are filling up with very poor children, filling the foster care homes, needing supplemental lunches and struggling through school, more likely to quit before graduation and more likely to perpetuate the cycle with their own children.

Blue states can tell them the problem is self-created and apparently the red state voters desire to help those people in those tough situations.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:42 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
As has been stated several times, it is red states that want to defund Planned Parenthood. Blue states have no desire to do so. It is red states that will pay the price of the increased number of poor parents having poor and unplanned children.

I am sad for those poor people but it's hard to be sad for the red states that will pay for it. They are choosing this. They fought for this. They don't get to complain later.

And there is nothing wrong with blue states having more abortions, abortion is legal.
I'm very pro-choice and very against this rule. I'm also very against the idea that women can't get the healthcare that they need without Planned Parenthood.

But make no mistake - I find your excessive gloating and finger-pointing disgusting. Women from every walk of life and political background will suffer because of this. That's all that matters. But you don't really give a crap about any of them. It's the opportunity to look down your nose and make stupid comments about red states from your ivory tower in your little blue state that you relish. Your lack of concern for the REAL problem is very telling. You really make me sick.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:45 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
nice side step DR.
It's not a side step... I don't agree with your premise.

You did side step my question... You were once a 6 month fetus... are you important?

Old 03-30-2017, 02:46 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Red states will do well to remember this when their states are filling up with very poor children, filling the foster care homes, needing supplemental lunches and struggling through school, more likely to quit before graduation and more likely to perpetuate the cycle with their own children.

Blue states can tell them the problem is self-created and apparently the red state voters desire to help those people in those tough situations.
If it gets too bad... I will move to California..

Old 03-30-2017, 02:48 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Seacove is more interested in bullsh1tting people into thinking that abortion is a red state problem than being compassionate and concerned about the fact that this stupid law is going to affect Democratic states just as much if not more.
Seacove is more interested in arguing the fact that reproductive healthcare is an everyone's problem, and that red states, where you are telling us all that abortion isn't an issue, are prepared to remove an important provider of reproductive healthcare that serves primarily the poor in those red states. Unless you are going to argue that there aren't any poor people in states like Mississippi?

Old 03-30-2017, 02:49 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I'm very pro-choice and very against this rule. I'm also very against the idea that women can't get the healthcare that they need without Planned Parenthood.

But make no mistake - I find your excessive gloating and finger-pointing disgusting. Women from every walk of life and political background will suffer because of this. That's all that matters. But you don't really give a crap about any of them. It's the opportunity to look down your nose and make stupid comments about red states from your ivory tower in your little blue state that you relish. Your lack of concern for the REAL problem is very telling. You really make me sick.
It is red states that started this and have screamed for it for years. Sorry if wanting to see those same people pay the price for their short sightedness is so troubling but that is reality. Those red states that have elected these people to make this happen will be the ones to pay the price when their communities suffer.

I am very happy to live in a blue state that can objectively see why this is a mistake. I choose to live in a state that is more pragmatic and I think our schools and communities are stronger for it. My parents planned for us and our children were very much planned. Yes, these women will suffer and so will there children. What is really sad, really really sad, is how happy those red state voters will be without understanding the long term effects, even on themselves and their families.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
You can't tell the difference between me saying it's not my job to guarantee quality of life -and- caring about others?

Let me put it this way... you will say you care about women's rights, yet you have no problem killing a female child in the womb and her right to life.

I'm not the one with the problem.
NO, you're the one with an agenda.

A fertilized egg is not a child. A fetus is not a child. And a woman should not be compelled to have children she does not want.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:51 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Seacove is more interested in arguing the fact that reproductive healthcare is an everyone's problem, and that red states, where you are telling us all that abortion isn't an issue, are prepared to remove an important provider of reproductive healthcare that serves primarily the poor in those red states. Unless you are going to argue that there aren't any poor people in states like Mississippi?
Maybe you could quote me where I said that, because I'm ehhh ... kind of thinking that I didn't.

Or wait - did you come to that conclusion because I pointed out that California and New York are the leaders in abortion care? Because if so, there's a big disconnect in your comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies