Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you for or against Trump's missile attack on Syria?
For 112 34.67%
Against 153 47.37%
Mixed feeling/unsure 58 17.96%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 08:30 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Totally against , and enough to make me flip on Trump. Gee to think I didn't even have to vote ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 08:34 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I think it was a good idea, but of course it's in Trump's hands so he f***ed it up like he does to every single thing he touches.

No he doesn't F up everything he touches. He didn't F up when he did not sign the TPP. He did not F up when its comes to maintaining a border to stop the rape murder and mayhem. But then again I am not a partisan hack. Here he F-uped royally and failed to deliver on his campaign promises. He did exactly what Hillary promised she would do. The only one looking good right now is Obama, which is quite sad given what a war monger he was.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:45 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Seems like a lot of money $70M for a few divots in an airstrip and the mess-hall was blown up…………. They were using the runway the next day for flights in and out of the area.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:09 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Well I am actually a Libertarian on most issues and voted for Johnson but I have been supportive of Trump since the election.

I am fine with this one airstrike for several reasons. I don't agree with Trump supporters who feel America first means do nothing outside the confines of our borders. Trump made fighting ISIS a big part of his campaign. You can't seriously do that and not put our military involved in some way. There is no point in having the most powerful military in the world if you signal to your enemies that actually using it is off the table. That was Obama's strategy and this is where it got us. Faced with the force of the US military and a strong US president Russia always backs down.

As far as what this one airstrike accomplished. It sends a message to Russia, Syria, Iran, China, N. Korea and perhaps even Mexico that nothing is off the table. Time to sit down and deal with us on our terms or anything is possible. I don't want "anything" to happen but it does put us in a stronger position.

As far as refugees go. Create safe zones, no fly zones either in parts of Syria or nearby like is the case in Turkey. For the life of me I don't get how that was not the plan from day one instead of moving them all over europe and here. Horrible leadership in Europe and with Obama let this whole thing end up they way it is now. Enforce the safe zones with a coalition of troops mostly from europe and russia where ISIS cannot enter and Syria is not allowed to bomb or attack.

Like I said I am a libertarian at heart. I disagree with them on immigration and trade. I agree on taxation, civil liberties foreign policy.

No president will do things that every a supporter agrees with 100%. Like I said I am fine with this one response. Now its time to negotiate with Russia and come up with something that will work in the long run in Syria.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:14 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
Against. I voted for Trump and one of the reasons was the hope that he keeps us out of wars, not enter them.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:27 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Nice turnout, with the AGAINST winning handily.
(I am against all wars that are not 100% defensive so I voted AGAINST.)

Old 04-13-2017, 09:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Are you for or against Trump's missile attack on Syria?
I think many presidents, including Obama and Hillary, would have wanted to do the same, but would have gone about it in a different way. Trump said he gave the order immediately after getting emotional over some pictures, and that is a horrible motivation. He did not ask for evidence, or Congress or anything, he just pulled the trigger. This kind of impulsiveness makes him a dangerous person, maybe the most dangerous man alive.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-13-2017 at 09:56 AM..

Old 04-13-2017, 09:31 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg

Old 04-13-2017, 09:44 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Trouble is that we DO "get fooled again" over and over and over.
Or rather, stupid, gullible, vicious presidents make believe THEY get fooled again.

Hillary and Donald, the two words when taken together are the clearest indication that the United States is not a democracy.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:07 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,836,946 times
This was a "warning shot" fired across Assad's bow that said to Russia and the world -- "We are willing to back-up our 'lines in the sand' with missiles." The precision of the missile strike (while avoiding a direct assault on Syria's infrastructure), also said, "We can surgically reach any target at any time" ... to Iran, Syria, ISIS and a whole range of rogue political powers who believe the U.S. will continue to wring their hands and give inconsequential speeches - about gross human rights violations.

In the past, this approach has been termed, "Walk softly and carry a big stick." We don't really have to "blow countries back into the stone age -- or go to war" to achieve results. This was a smart, low-risk response that loudly served notice to the world that the U.S. is again a reliable ally willing to do more than make speeches and try to 'buy friends.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies