Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2017, 01:01 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Again, stop making stuff up lol.

There is no evidence he suffered a concussion. Post the link including medical professionals treating him at the hospital saying he did. Have you people no shame to keep making your own facts up? Until you do that, I am not discussing anything else with you and your non facts.
His confusion, after a blow to the head, when he got back on the airplane is a symptom of a concussion.

Quote:
OK and so?

If I recall, you are some sort of medical professional, nurse, not sure?

In any case, do you believe that professional courtesy could not result in keeping him in the hospital if it were in his interest with regard to a lawsuit?

Also, how do you know he's not in the psych ward, kept in the hospital because he is still demanding people kill him and deemed a threat to himself or others?
No, I am not a nurse.

No, he would not be hospitalized without a medical indication to do so. The idea that someone would do that just to bolster his lawsuit is absurd.

Do you have any evidence supporting that he has been admitted for psychiatric reasons?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...412-story.html

The attorney Dao has hired has experience with litigating football concussion cases. Some passengers are reporting that he looked like he was unconscious when he was dragged off the plane.

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2017/...ment-fail.html

"Understating the extent of Dr. Dao’s injuries. Most of the accounts focus on his bloody lip and bruises. Far more serious was that he was knocked out. That is an almost certain sign of a concussion, which is also suggested by the fact that when he reboarded the plane, passengers depicted him as dazed. Only recently has the medical community started studying the danger of concussions particularly multiple concussions. However, an expert I know who is working with sports teams to try to reduce the risk of injury says there is increasing concern that as few as three concussions can produce cognitive impairment 10 to 20 years later. Those findings are based on trauma to young athletes like football players and boxers. The damage might show up sooner in an older victim. Admittedly, we have no idea if Dr. Dao has ever suffered a previous head injury, but the point is a concussion is far more serious than most people probably realize."

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 04-13-2017 at 01:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 01:12 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
His confusion, after a blow to the head, when he got back on the airplane is a symptom of a concussion.

No, I am not a nurse.

No, he would not be hospitalized without a medical indication to do so. The idea that someone would do that just to bolster his lawsuit is absurd.

Do you have any evidence supporting that he has been admitted for psychiatric reasons?
His behavior after he got back on the plan may be a symptom of a concussion, but it is certainly not conclusive evidence of one. The man after all has an extensive history of mental illness and aberrant behavior.

I also don't agree with you that he wouldn't be hospitalized without a medical indication. That's entirely within the jurisdiction of the doctor making that decision and as such, entirely subjective. I don't find it at all absurd that someone would remain hospitalized with the assistance of other docs providing him professional courtesy. In fact, I find your belief it couldn't happen quite naïve.

No, I do not have any evidence he has been admitted for psychiatric reasons. I did not claim I did. But, equally true, you don't have any evidence he does not remain hospitalized for psychiatric reasons. I will just say that if what is being reported is true, he has a pretty checkered psychiatric history.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:21 AM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
Boy, what were the chances they chose THAT GUY to throw off the plane! Lol!

Old 04-13-2017, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Well, of course he is......... there is money to be made here.
No one will hospitalize him unless there is a medical indication to do so. His lawsuit does not need for anyone to do that.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:36 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Quote:
No one will hospitalize him unless there is a medical indication to do so. His lawsuit does not need for anyone to do that.
Sure looks good for his case though doesn't it? Didn't you ever see 'The Fortune Cookie' starring Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau?........

Boy, this is going to run and run. All from a hissy fit on a plane. Only in America........

Old 04-13-2017, 01:42 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,682,636 times
Overbooking garbage just needs to stop. Leave a couple of seats unsold to transport crew members or standbys. It won't kill a flight to have two empty seats.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
His behavior after he got back on the plan may be a symptom of a concussion, but it is certainly not conclusive evidence of one. The man after all has an extensive history of mental illness and aberrant behavior.

I also don't agree with you that he wouldn't be hospitalized without a medical indication. That's entirely within the jurisdiction of the doctor making that decision and as such, entirely subjective. I don't find it at all absurd that someone would remain hospitalized with the assistance of other docs providing him professional courtesy. In fact, I find your belief it couldn't happen quite naïve.

No, I do not have any evidence he has been admitted for psychiatric reasons. I did not claim I did. But, equally true, you don't have any evidence he does not remain hospitalized for psychiatric reasons. I will just say that if what is being reported is true, he has a pretty checkered psychiatric history.
Even crazy people get sick.

He took a hard blow to the head.

Doctors do not admit other doctors to the hospital as "professional courtesy".

His psychiatric history:

David Dao, United passenger who was dragged from plane, says he's still in the hospital - LA Times

Old 04-13-2017, 02:30 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
He's still in the hospital.
Because of HIPPA we don't really know why he's still in the hospital. For all we know, it could be related to a psychotic episode.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:52 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
For all we know, it could be a concussion.

Quote:

The attorney Dao has hired has experience with litigating football concussion cases. Some passengers are reporting that he looked like he was unconscious when he was dragged off the plane.

United Passenger "Removal": A Reporting and Management Fail | naked capitalism

"Understating the extent of Dr. Dao’s injuries. Most of the accounts focus on his bloody lip and bruises. Far more serious was that he was knocked out. That is an almost certain sign of a concussion, which is also suggested by the fact that when he reboarded the plane, passengers depicted him as dazed. Only recently has the medical community started studying the danger of concussions particularly multiple concussions. However, an expert I know who is working with sports teams to try to reduce the risk of injury says there is increasing concern that as few as three concussions can produce cognitive impairment 10 to 20 years later. Those findings are based on trauma to young athletes like football players and boxers. The damage might show up sooner in an older victim. Admittedly, we have no idea if Dr. Dao has ever suffered a previous head injury, but the point is a concussion is far more serious than most people probably realize."

Old 04-13-2017, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Because of HIPPA we don't really know why he's still in the hospital. For all we know, it could be related to a psychotic episode.
His psychiatric history (which is public record due to his legal proceedings) does not include any previous diagnosis of psychosis.

If he were psychotic I doubt he would be allowed to talk with reporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies