Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 04:41 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I guess they expect to get the hispanic vote to make up for losing blue collar white voters.
If we just look at exit polling of Trump/Hillary, there is no question that this is exactly what has happened. I don't believe it was intentional on the part of Democrats, but it was an unintended consequence of the identity politics strategy as perfected by President Obama. Romney won the white vote by 59%, but Obama won the non-white vote by over 80% and thus won the election. But what Trump was able to do may be difficult for other Republicans to replicate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 04:42 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Why did the Democrats trade the working man for the illegal immigrant?

Yeah, I'd like to know.

The Dem's ran history's most incompetent campaign last year. They emphasized a string of fringe issues instead of learning from the Sanders campaign. Bern showed clearly that the vast majority of voters were concerned about their economic futures. Hillary and Co almost completely ignored the number 1 issue, focusing instead on illegals, refugees, and LGBT issues; things that most voters just aren't all that concerned with.

Accordingly, they lost the WH and lost senate seats that should have given them a majority.

They richly deserved their loss.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:43 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
I guess they expect to get the hispanic vote to make up for losing blue collar white voters.
HOLD it! 60/70% of businesses are republican - where you get that from??

Industry Political Contributions
I'm going to use OpenSecrets.org for industry contributions to House campaign. Someone could argue that we should only use California contributions or contributors, but I'm not convinced that there's a good theoretical reason to do that. Anyway:
Agriculture industry contributions to House campaigns in 2014 (?): D25%, R74%.
Construction industry contributions to House campaigns in 2014: (?): D29%, R71%

Conclusion
~30% of California's working undocumented immigrants are employed in industries which support the Republican Party by +40% margin.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:57 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't think so. The majority of Hispanics who have roots from south of our border want amnesty for their illegal amigos. That will keep them voting for the Democrats for some time.
If they had jailed all of the Republican businessmen who hired illegals there never would have been an illegal immigrant problem.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:01 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, it wasn't just "democrats". Plenty of people "look the other way" when it comes to illegal immigrants. How else do you explain the fact that they are able to find work in America? Do you really think that all of these people employing them (i.e. giving them reasons to come to America in the first place!) are democrats?

If so, you are VERY naive.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:05 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
If they had jailed all of the Republican businessmen who hired illegals there never would have been an illegal immigrant problem.
Nonsense. Have you been to CA, the capital State of illegals? The vast majority of businesses are owned by democrats who employ illegals cheaply, not to mention the elitist liberal snobs in San Francisco, Malibu, and Beverly Hills that employ them as nannies and gardeners nearly everything else at half of what they'd have to pay someone else. Restaurants large and small hire illegals by the thousands to wash dishes, cook and mop the floors. Again, many are owned by democrats who loves their illegals.
There's no monopoly when it comes to who hires illegals. Both dems and reps are guilty.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:07 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Nonsense. Have you been to CA, the capital State of illegals? The vast majority of businesses are owned by democrats who employ illegals cheaply, not to mention the elitist liberal snobs in San Francisco, Malibu, and Beverly Hills that employ them as nannies and gardeners nearly everything else at half of what they'd have to pay someone else.
There's no monopoly when it comes to who hires illegals. Both dems and reps are guilty.
And so, you have just demonstrated that this is not a political problem (as the OP suggests).

Old 04-18-2017, 05:52 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Nonsense. Have you been to CA, the capital State of illegals? The vast majority of businesses are owned by democrats who employ illegals cheaply, not to mention the elitist liberal snobs in San Francisco, Malibu, and Beverly Hills that employ them as nannies and gardeners nearly everything else at half of what they'd have to pay someone else. Restaurants large and small hire illegals by the thousands to wash dishes, cook and mop the floors. Again, many are owned by democrats who loves their illegals.
I just posted some facts remember those? - but there is proof more than some news outlet-- go ask for a FOIA on I-9s

Old 04-18-2017, 05:53 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:

OP, Because they are stupid and despise their ex base. It was wonderful watching it implode on them in 2016.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:34 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
WOW!

That's ****ing awesome!

I have all those new benefits as long as my donor class/investor class employer doesn't tell the politicians he/she owns to stick it up my ass by sending this great job I now have (thanks to you) to ****ing India or China while an illegal immigrant drives the wages down for any other job I might be lucky enough to land.

FTR:

This is why Democrats have lost more than a thousand seats over the past eight years and control nothing.
I think you replied to the wrong person, my post has nothing to do with anything you said. If you did mean my post, perhaps you could explain what you are saying a little more....

It sounds almost as if you think democrats are responsible for globalization but i know you are smarter than that..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies