Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 10:42 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Then are you not against Trump wanting to deport illegals and erect a wall on our southern border?
You have never seen me argue against people being deported. my problem with the wall is that it wont work.

Most illegals overstay their visa, they dont cross the Rio Grande under the cover of nightfall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 02:39 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You have never seen me argue against people being deported. my problem with the wall is that it wont work.

Most illegals overstay their visa, they dont cross the Rio Grande under the cover of nightfall.

Bill Clinton Mexico Border Barriers And George W. Bush Secure Fence Act, Supported By Obama And Hillary, Predate Trump’s Wall By Decades

Old 04-20-2017, 02:41 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Why did the Republicans put an idiot in the WH?

Old 04-20-2017, 02:41 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
Actually theres a LOT of reasons we voted for him and you don't understand the conservative mindset at all if you think lost jobs are the only reason. For many people such as myself, bringing back lost jobs is something I had some level of skepticism about and is far lower ranking than a whole host of other reasons. Two things to me that were bigger reasons was immigration/border security, as well as a stand against liberal identity politics and political correctness. Just "jobs" alone is far too generic a reason for any candidate to win the presidency in these wildly divided times we live in.

Ditto. I also adore his backing of the military and LEOs, as opposed to those chanting that they want dead cops.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:59 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

The wall won't work, hey? No, most illegals are border jumpers not visa over stayers. The wall will address the former and a better tracking system will address the latter.

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Old 04-20-2017, 07:05 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
There is nothing ugly, racist or heartless about enforcing our immigration laws. It would put Americans back to work and we wouldn't have to spend $113 billion a year supporting illegal aliens nor would we have billions being sent out of our country by them which isn't spent in our economy. Less crowded schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods. It would put respect back into our immigration laws. Illegal alien isn't a race it's an unlawful status in our country.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:08 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I guess they expect to get the hispanic vote to make up for losing blue collar white voters.
Since we pay for delivery of anchor babies of the illegals, usually a minimum of 4 each, they are a faster growing population. The delivery of anchor babies and in some states, from conception to delivery by way of the taxpayer, is giving them an unfair advantage. I know many US citizen blue collar workers cannot afford to have more children. It's the math.

Pandering to a faster growing population means voters in the future.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:43 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Why did the Republicans put an idiot in the WH?
Because the only ones to run were idiots and a Bush and Kaisch. The Republicans picked the biggest idiot of them all.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:46 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Ditto. I also adore his backing of the military and LEOs, as opposed to those chanting that they want dead cops.
Listen, I don't want to see most cops shot but those that murder and assault are no better than the perps they are trying to chase after and NEED to be held accountable for their actions. If a perp isn't grabbing for your gun or wielding a knife, DON'T SHOT! What kind of idiot thinks we should use deadly force unless deadly force is very likely to be used on you.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:56 AM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Since we pay for delivery of anchor babies of the illegals, usually a minimum of 4 each, they are a faster growing population. The delivery of anchor babies and in some states, from conception to delivery by way of the taxpayer, is giving them an unfair advantage. I know many US citizen blue collar workers cannot afford to have more children. It's the math.

Pandering to a faster growing population means voters in the future.
Beating hearts need food, water, and shelter to keep beating. Funny how that works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies