Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 04:01 PM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
But the university didn't decline, Ann cancelled after it was apparent that the university was caving into the mob. Everyone expected the University to come back and say the usual, "everyone has a right to free speech and Ann Coulter was invited by yada yada yada, we will NOT cave in to threats of intimidation against free speech, etc etc.....", but no that didn't happen at all. Instead they issued a statement saying that in light of the mob violence they chose safety instead of free speech. In the end they got neither.
"Instead they issued a statement saying that in light of the mob violence they chose safety instead of free speech" I'd consider that a declination, but I'm not going to die on that hill.

Even assuming they didn't formally decline, I don't honestly see the big moral difference - they failed to take a stand. Sin of omission rather than commission, as it were.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
The funniest people right now are the right and the alt-right on youtube trolling and making SJWs look like the idiots they really are. It's the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time. Stuff is comedy gold. Please tell me you laughed at their take on Bill Nye's humbly titled show, "Bill Nye Saves the World", and that cringy Sex Junk rap. LOL.
I guess there's no accounting for taste.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:04 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Instead they issued a statement saying that in light of the mob violence they chose safety instead of free speech" I'd consider that a declination, but I'm not going to die on that hill.

Even assuming they didn't formally decline, I don't honestly see the big moral difference - they failed to take a stand. Sin of omission rather than commission, as it were.
Call it what you will, the mob still rioted. They received neither free speech nor safety. They didn't stand up to the people that were prohibiting free speech. What kind of campus does that? Especially the bastion of free speech they claimed to be in the past?

Old 05-03-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I guess there's no accounting for taste.
Yes, I get that the left dictates taste but c'mon, some of that stuff doesn't elicit a chuckle from you? You actually found the Sex Junk rap to have been well done? Was that tasteful? Then again, the left touts Amy Schumer so I can't say taste goes both ways.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:07 PM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Colbert ceased being funny a long time ago.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:08 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,917 times
Quote:
Trump is a victim of racist attacks? I am pretty sure you don't mean that.
Yes. What do you think they mean when they go on about his connections to the Aryan brotherhood, him being Hitler, etc? He has been attacked in every form.

Quote:
Yes, Trump is being attacked pretty viciously. As were Obama.

Stay on point. I said MAINSTREAM attacks, Trump has been approved by all means of attacks by all of mainstream at every corner. Obama was off limits, was treated with kid gloves and a heck of a lot more respect than Trump is.

That was the point, you are again spinning and showing your narrative focus and nature here.

Quote:
Heck, a certain real-estate billionaire spent time and money on making the case that President Obama wasn't merely incompetent and/or unlikable, but an actual criminal who'd been hiding the truth of his citizenship and was elected on fraudulent grounds. Which, frankly, is a pretty serious accusation - as in, charges should be filed if true.
Trump made the claims, but I wasn't talking about that now was I? Again... STAY ON POINT!!! This is about MAINSTREAM treating Trump and how they treated Obama, how it is ok for all of the mainstream news and entertainment to go full on attacking with massive disrespect, hate and anger and this DID NOT HAPPEN in MAINSTREAM with Obama.

THAT IS THE DAMN POINT!!! STOP SPINNING!

Quote:
The Right couldn't get humor to work, because frankly, conservatives just suck at telling jokes. Sorry, but it's true.
Really? Yeah... they suck at going into the childish ranting vulgar rants of a unintelligent idiot type of jokes that are lobbed at Trump daily.

You are so biased, so far partisan in this issue that there is no reason, no discussion, no ability to even achieve understanding with you.

This is why eventually, there will end up being a war in the US. You people think you are so right on every point, and so justified in complete hypocrisy, that you will end up killing off the conservatives and proclaiming yourself just in the process. Then, this isn't a surprise, Marx said you had to do this eventually.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Colbert ceased being funny a long time ago.
He reminds me of the demise of SNL when it went full on hard malicious politically partisan and the jokes stopped being funny and became boring little inside joke rants among the progressives.

It also reminds me of how David Letterman's show went to crap as well. He got so vicious and petty during the Bush years that even when Obama was in Office, he just couldn't let go and had to rant constantly about conservatives.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, I get that the left dictates taste but c'mon, some of that stuff doesn't elicit a chuckle from you? You actually found the Sex Junk rap to have been well done? Was that tasteful? Then again, the left touts Amy Schumer so I can't say taste goes both ways.
The left loves vulgar to the extreme. They think constant adult jokes about sex in every detail is funny. /shrug

Old 05-03-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Yes. What do you think they mean when they go on about his connections to the Aryan brotherhood, him being Hitler, etc?
Not sure that's a racist attack, but hey...

Quote:
I said MAINSTREAM attacks, Trump has been approved by all means of attacks by all of mainstream at every corner. Obama was off limits, was treated with kid gloves and a heck of a lot more respect than Trump is.
Well, that's certainly an opinion.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
The left loves vulgar to the extreme. They think constant adult jokes about sex in every detail is funny. /shrug
They couldn't have possibly found that Sex Junk rap on Bill Nye's show in good taste, otherwise they forfeit their right to dictate what is good taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies