Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 03:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,757,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
LOL

So he makes a quip and that justifies the rant Colbert did?
Sure.

Quote:
Insanity, pure insanity.
You poor little snowflake....

Quote:
You people have to lie, twist and manipulate to even think you have a point.
What did I lie about?

Quote:
As for Trump canceling free speech, where is your evidence of that?
He HATES free speech and the media. You are not up to speed if you have not noticed his constant attacks on the media, and comments about how he wants to sue them. Not a day goes by without him crying about the free media. Oh, yes, he wants to silence them more than anything else.

Quote:
So far, I only see people like you and their supporters blocking free speech, attacking, beating, harming, and infringing on liberties over political positions.
I don't recall doing any of the above

You sound very angry.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:44 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,037,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Both, really. Seems apt, doesn't it?

The university made a stupid decision, but one that it was well within their rights to make. Telling Ann Coulter that they're scared of the consequences of letting her in is kinda chicken, but it's not a free speech issue.
See this is why you clearly don't know what you're talking about. She declined the invitation after the university failed to provide adequate security and wouldn't defend her right to speak to a campus group which invited her over. They weren't barring her in, she cancelled because the university caved into the mob.

And in your initial comments you said the mob were bloody stupid, not the university. Now it's both. Oy Vey!

Old 05-03-2017, 03:47 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,910,679 times
Quote:
Dammit, you're right. That was ELORocks17.

Retract that bit.

Now, this was the statement you jumped in to defend:
I did not defend the statement, I pointed out that your claim was not mainstream, it was back alley channels to which were racist and the like, not mainstream.

Quote:
Yeah, it happened, but you have to run off to the Internet in back channels and non-mainstream sources to find your attacks. The attacks on Trump are done front and center on mainstream. The reason you won't argue this issue by providing any reasonable evidence is because you have none, so you will make accusations and then act smug and condescending.

Remember, you people believe in "The End justifies the Means" and so anything goes to achieve your ends.
You need to stop circling here, stop trying to push the narrative and admit the fact that while there were racist attacks on Obama, they were NOT mainstream accepted as they are with Trump.

That is a FACT and the point of my response.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:48 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,395,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Already posted. You guys are redundant.
tremendous Tremendous tReMeDoUs.. like really tremendous

Old 05-03-2017, 03:50 PM

47,022 posts, read 26,109,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
And in your initial comments you said the mob were bloody stupid, not the university.
I regret if the statement wasn't clear. The mob is stupid for mobbing. Teh university is stupid for giving in. But the university is within its rights to decline for any reason - even stupid ones - and that's simply not a free speech issue.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:52 PM

Most of the overt and indefensible racist things said about Obama came from fringes on the right; signs at the Tea Party protest by unhinged individuals or stupid chain emails or obscure news outlets. But the conservatives in the main, outlets such as the National Review, Fox, Washington Times, etc, haven't said anything racist. They were most likely misconstrued as "racist" by liberals because they see racism everywhere but they weren't blatant about it.

Either way the ugly rhetoric back and forth is common between two parties growing at vastly polar opposites. What I am shocked at is the next level vitriol the left has engaged in with the comments about Trump being the next rise of fascism. This has taken the political discourse to a whole new level. I thought the Bush years were bad, this is ten times worse. Bush is a puppy dog now touted in the media as a sane Republican when two terms ago he was a war criminal and.....Hitler!

Old 05-03-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I regret if the statement wasn't clear. The mob is stupid for mobbing. Teh university is stupid for giving in. But the university is within its rights to decline for any reason - even stupid ones - and that's simply not a free speech issue.
But the university didn't decline, Ann cancelled after it was apparent that the university was caving into the mob. Everyone expected the University to come back and say the usual, "everyone has a right to free speech and Ann Coulter was invited by yada yada yada, we will NOT cave in to threats of intimidation against free speech, etc etc.....", but no that didn't happen at all. Instead they issued a statement saying that in light of the mob violence they chose safety instead of free speech. In the end they got neither.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:54 PM

47,022 posts, read 26,109,380 times
Quote:
You need to stop circling here, stop trying to push the narrative and admit the fact that while there were racist attacks on Obama, they were NOT mainstream accepted as they are with Trump.
Trump is a victim of racist attacks? I am pretty sure you don't mean that.

Yes, Trump is being attacked pretty viciously. As were Obama.

Heck, a certain real-estate billionaire spent time and money on making the case that President Obama wasn't merely incompetent and/or unlikable, but an actual criminal who'd been hiding the truth of his citizenship and was elected on fraudulent grounds. Which, frankly, is a pretty serious accusation - as in, charges should be filed if true.

The Right couldn't get humor to work, because frankly, conservatives just suck at telling jokes. Sorry, but it's true.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:00 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,910,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure.
Well, if a quip is what is acceptable for such demeanor, I think you just justified many of Trumps belligerent comments. Many of the people Trump attacks had made quips about him previously. Doesn't justify it (I don't rationalize as you do), but you seem to think it does. You defeated your own argument. Bravo!

Quote:
You poor little snowflake....
Can't make an argument, so you name call. Typical. Though I guess you are justified right? /facepalm

Quote:
What did I lie about?
That he is attacking freedom of speech. That is a lie. Where is your evidence? Rememeber, I know it is tough for you folks, but being critical of you, calling you names, or refusing to pay attention to you is not infringing on your speech, but then you people seem to be all over the place on what liberty and freedoms are. It seems to change as you see fit.

Quote:
He HATES free speech and the media. You are not up to speed if you have not noticed his constant attacks on the media, and comments about how he wants to sue them. Not a day goes by without him crying about the free media. Oh, yes, he wants to silence them more than anything else.
The media lies, has been caught in lies numerous times, is on a constant goal of attacking him at every angle. He criticizes them and you call that "hating free speech", That is pure delusion. Also, you are projecting, no laws have been made or pushed by him to shut down the press. You are lying here.

Quote:
I don't recall doing any of the above
You don't recall the Berkley riots or the numerous attacks on conservatives on campuses? Really?

Sounds like you aren't confused, just deviously avoiding the facts.

Quote:
You sound very angry.
You are lying again.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Trump is a victim of racist attacks? I am pretty sure you don't mean that.

Yes, Trump is being attacked pretty viciously. As were Obama.

Heck, a certain real-estate billionaire spent time and money on making the case that President Obama wasn't merely incompetent and/or unlikable, but an actual criminal who'd been hiding the truth of his citizenship and was elected on fraudulent grounds. Which, frankly, is a pretty serious accusation - as in, charges should be filed if true.

The Right couldn't get humor to work, because frankly, conservatives just suck at telling jokes. Sorry, but it's true.
The funniest people right now are the right and the alt-right on youtube trolling and making SJWs look like the idiots they really are. It's the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time. Stuff is comedy gold. Please tell me you laughed at their take on Bill Nye's humbly titled show, "Bill Nye Saves the World", and that cringy Sex Junk rap. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies