Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2017, 10:12 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,547,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Not sure what that has to do with the fact I stated...

But you must be joking. That's insane.
Of course it is insane for you people. Thats why you and i cant ever understand eachother.

Keep living in your bubble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 10:19 AM

18,473 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
Oh ... so your individual bubble is less limiting than mine. Right.
Why do you think that millions across the country voted for having Obamacare repealed?

I'm not even close to being alone in my bubble.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:24 AM

19,895 posts, read 9,453,564 times
I do wonder why those who at least seem to be advocating a "share the wealth" economy in which everyone has what is essentially a middle-class life choose to live in the U.S. in which there definitely is a difference in classes by design, if they have the option of living elsewhere.

In other words, if someone doesn't like rain, then why would they continue to live in Seattle? They might frequently complain about the weather, but that's not going to change it. (And, yes, no one can control the weather -- at least not yet -- but I think there is just as much chance of that as getting the 1% -- actually, more like the .001% -- to give up their wealth and power and allow the U.S. to become Communistic! I think many SJWs forget that the middle class is not their enemy nearly as much as most powerful billionaires are.)

Last edited by katharsis; 05-08-2017 at 11:09 AM..

Old 05-08-2017, 10:27 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,362,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
This is just posturing. When libertarians are cornered, it turns out that they really are just counting on riding their luck, hoping they wont be the one who would have to face the consequences of the policies they support. If they have two small children, their wife dies of cancer while the husband gets permanently paralyzed and blind, suddenly all the empty rhetoric about taxes being theft and modern day slavery flies out the window.
What's up with people making this type of post? I lay out exactly why I believe what I believe and all I get back is an unsubstantiated claim about what I "really" think.

If you have to project made up characteristics onto me in order for your arguments to work, I feel pretty good about my arguments.

207 posts, read 102,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Cooperative private funding from business and individuals who wish to use them.

For example.....If you would like a swimming pool, but can't afford one on your own, you could take up a collection from others in your community who would also like a pool and fund it that way....no government involvement necessary.
Lol

No one is paying for new public roads and maintenance.

No one is paying for an entire police force

Additionally,

Lets say someone gets in a crash and need life saying operation.

Do you honestly expect people to just let them die if they didn't pay to have healthcare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Thats not true. Just another myth. America spends more tax dollars on health care than these other countries do. We pay for a national health care system but dont get it. Why? Because the insurance corporations and big pharma, and hospitals engage in price gouging and legalized bribery of Congress on an epic scale in order to rip off the American people. And you defend it!
Where am I defending hospitals and big pharna price gouging?

I've always maintained that government would better serve Americans health care needs by looking for ways to bring down the cost of health care rather than trying to force everyone to bear the ridiculous prices together equally.

For example.....

Why does an MRI still cost $3000.00 when the technology has been around for decades and the techs who run the equipment make $18.00 an hour?.

Why is healthcare the only field where the cost to the consumer doesn't go down over time?

If Liberals spent more time trying to solve that issue, I'd have a lot more respect for them than just wanting to reach into my wallet for their healthcare.

Last edited by FatBob96; 05-08-2017 at 10:44 AM..

Old 05-08-2017, 10:30 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,859,735 times
Quote:
[/b]

My user name is a play on the type of motorcycle I own.

I'm actually rather svelt for my height.

I am a former smoker though, (and pay higher premiums because of it) .

And that's OK, because it's a consequence of my own actions.

It's when you ask me to pay for the consequences of YOUR actions that I have a problem, especially if my involvement is compulsory.

I actually have no issue with a government healthcare system, as long as participation is voluntary.
No, no, no. It's not only YOU who pays higher premiums for YOUR poor choice to smoke (and perhaps to not eat healthfully. And, if you're like many avid motorcyclists, you're probably not the most physically fit, either). That you chose to smoke (probably for decades) perhaps has, and likely will over the course of your lifetime, demand healthcare that those of us who aren't so stupid might never need.

Once again, insurance companies are out to make BIG profits. Period. As soon as their costs begin to even have the potential of infringing on their profits, they will increase rates. ACROSS the board. Everyone's rates go up.

In other words, YOU are costing ME money. Because of your stupid choices. YOU are costing the rest of us -- who don't make those stupid choices - money

Do all of you "no free passes" types on here pay entirely for your own insurance? Or, do you, as I'm guessing, have insurance through (i.e. funded, largely) by your employer? Why don't you all pay for your own insurance outright? Because you know fine well that you -- probably not exactly the picture of health DUE TO YOUR POOR CHOICES -- wouldn't be able to afford it?

Please. Spare us the faux rugged individualist garbage.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 05-08-2017 at 11:22 AM..

Old 05-08-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
What planet are you living on ? No health care worker would be arrested and jailed for "refusing to treat". Ugh. You alt-right people keep coming up with more and more ridiculous arguments.

If you don't pay your taxes, there's a slim chance you'll go to jail. There's a large chance that your assets will be seized. Your mind is not in the real world at the moment. You need to reset.
I like how he's somehow "alt-right" now. It's like the new "you tea partiers".

I guess it's pretty simple then. We just won't pay taxes, and if they try to seize our assets we'll defend them, and they'll just leave us alone. It's non-violent after all.

Is that what you're saying? I don't want to misrepresent what you think.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
What planet are you living on ? No health care worker would be arrested and jailed for "refusing to treat". Ugh. You alt-right people keep coming up with more and more ridiculous arguments.

If you don't pay your taxes, there's a slim chance you'll go to jail. There's a large chance that your assets will be seized. Your mind is not in the real world at the moment. You need to reset.
And what would happen when people try to defend their assets?

Old 05-08-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
And what would happen when people try to defend their assets?
They must think that regular old armed robbery is non-violent because you just have to do what they say. Just don't resist and nobody gets hurt...maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies