Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 11:16 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
No, I admit in the past there were times I was angry at Comey. But like I said, the fact that he's managed to displease both sides of the aisle means he was trying to play it straight.

It will be very clear soon why Comey sought to go after Trump but not Clinton: a mountain of evidence will emerge against Trump and his inner circle. Clinton is small potatoes by comparison; her e-mail server was a dumb, bumbling thing to do and she showed bad judgment, but there was no real criminal intent. She paid the price for it.

The fact that the Treasury's financial crime unit is involved in the Trump case is a sign that some serious allegations of real crimes will be emerging. Someone remarked elsewhere that FARA violations are never pursued by themselves, only when they are connected to more serious crimes. Trump is in deep trouble. That will become clear when the subpoenas and indictments are unsealed.
I caught wind of some RICO stuff going down, too.

Interesting...

Old 05-11-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I am befuddled by all this. I thought that the spin was that President Trump was accepting the recommendations of the Deputy AG Rosenstein and AG Sessions? Plenty of posters herein certainly repeated this spin. Now, the President is saying that he was going to fire Comey anyway, regardless of any recommendation?

I will say this: during Nixon's Watergate, Nixon and his staff were much, much more coordinated in their spin or explanations. Teamwork, that is what Trump needs. Teamwork.
Well, Nixon's staff were all qualified for their jobs, for the most part.

Nixon himself may have been "off" but, he did know his job, too.

That is quite beneficial when it comes to coordinating a cover-up.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:21 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Let him keep slamming Pence. Pence might finally get fed up and invoke the 25th, along with the cabinet.

That would be okay with me, and I really hate Pence.

I am one of those that would not vote for Mr. Pence as President.

However, while we disagree on many social issues, Mr. Pence is not insane*.

Bring on the Pence.

*Of course, when Mr. Pence accepted the Vice Presidency position from Candidate Trump, I wondered "Does the man wish to destroy his political career"? I thought, as many, that Mr. Trump would lose, and lose badly.

Yet, Mr. Pence may be more clever than we give him credit for. He may well have thought "If, by chance, Donald is elected President, he will probably be impeached or removed from office."

It is akin to buying that lottery ticket: the odds against you, but still......

Old 05-11-2017, 11:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
I am one of those that would not vote for Mr. Pence as President.

However, while we disagree on many social issues, Mr. Pence is not insane*.

Bring on the Pence.
Pence is creepy. I'm betting that people are going to wish Trump was president if Pence ever was.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Pence is creepy. I'm betting that people are going to wish Trump was president if Pence ever was.
I fully agree that he's creepy, but I am 100% confident that he won't have a temper tantrum and nuke anyone.

And, that he won't be on Twitter, intimidating witnesses.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:33 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Pence looks like the fool once again pedaling a narrative that is later exposed to be false. Seems to be a recurring role for him. The only open question is whether he is lying on his own or being lied to.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:33 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Pence would be even worse than Trump because Pence knows his stuff. Trump only knows how to run a business or a tv show. He just cannot grasp how to be president. Pence would know how. But Pence is creepy extreme right and that would only further divide the country.

Whichever party comes up with somebody who is middle of the road will come out ahead. Doesn't look like we're ready yet but each party needs to have someone on deck when the time comes.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:36 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
YOWZA!!!

This is just the beginning.....

https://twitter.com/jemillerwbal/sta...14093899325440

Old 05-11-2017, 11:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Pence would be even worse than Trump because Pence knows his stuff. Trump only knows how to run a business or a tv show. He just cannot grasp how to be president. Pence would know how. But Pence is creepy extreme right and that would only further divide the country.

Whichever party comes up with somebody who is middle of the road will come out ahead. Doesn't look like we're ready yet but each party needs to have someone on deck when the time comes.
We would likely disagree on what "middle of the road" is. Many would argue Obama was. I disagree.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:42 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
I am befuddled by all this. I thought that the spin was that President Trump was accepting the recommendations of the Deputy AG Rosenstein and AG Sessions? Plenty of posters herein certainly repeated this spin. Now, the President is saying that he was going to fire Comey anyway, regardless of any recommendation?

I will say this: during Nixon's Watergate, Nixon and his staff were much, much more coordinated in their spin or explanations. Teamwork, that is what Trump needs. Teamwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies