Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 06:47 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,995 times

Advertisements

Anyone who buys that Trump fired Comey because of how he handled his Clinton investigation is literally too dumb to live.

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Whatever evidence existed against Trump and/or his associates existed at this time last night STILL exists. Jim Comey had a team working on this. They're still there. Firing Comey did not stop any investigations, especially if they have something on Trump and/or his associates. Dedicated, patriotic people work at the FBI and I'm positive many would be willing to risk prison (if it came to that) to get the evidence into the right hands.
Exactly. Comey went off the rails on several occasions and kept blathering and bleating at the wrong times and in the wrong places embarrassing himself, the government and his coworkers. The people below him didn't trust him,the public didn't trust him and the latter is ALL that matters.

All anyone is going to hear for the next week or so is the bleating and foaming at the mouth from the partisan hacks who now looooove Comey but who only a few months ago wanted to string him up.
Man, they're making out like somehow the investigation will come to a screeching halt just because the figurehead at the top is now gone.

Deranged? Unhinged?
I think so...

7,185 posts, read 3,698,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Really? Please describe in detail the facts that back up your assertions. Facts other than what the talking heads and the partisan hacks are spewing...
Would that be "alternative facts" that you are wanting? After all, even a talking head of partisan hack would still be able to back up their assertions with historical facts about nixon, etc., right?

Old 05-09-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
No, he was fired because he is coming too close to something that would blow open trumps connection with Russia.....
Do you or anyone else have PROOF of your assertions? I mean other than the usual partisan loons saying so?
The guy was a CLOWN who got himself fired. I find it amazing the screams and screeching from one side after the Hillary mess DEMANDING his termination and now when it happens the opposite is being voiced by those same people?

Talk about looney...

Old 05-09-2017, 06:49 PM

23,484 posts, read 12,496,511 times
From the letter Trump sent to Comey....

"While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are no able to effectively lead the Bureau."
[emphasis mine]

Trump's letter firing FBI Director James Comey - CNNPolitics.com

Old 05-09-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Would that be "alternative facts" that you are wanting? After all, even a talking head of partisan hack would still be able to back up their assertions with historical facts about nixon, etc., right?
So you can't present facts to back up the assertions? Didn't think so as there isn't any...

30,140 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually we did have an interest, however we also got a understandable narrative of WHY it happened the way it did. So the majority of us who watched the hearings thought it was poor judgement in some ways, but we could also see the other side of it. And during the hearings so far he has impressed many of us.
The FBI director due to poor judgement or perhaps a bias against Clinton single highhandedly and against the orders of his boss likely handed the election to Trump should still be the FBI director just because you think he was your only hope at getting something to stick against Trump regarding Russia?

If you analyze Comey's actions under Obama and Trump he clearly wants to wield undo influence over things. The left did not like it when it hurt their cause but are perfectly fine with it when it makes Trump look bad.

33,569 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm confused. Is Comey an incompetent fool and traitor who, the Leftists and Hillary claim, lost Clinton the election or the hero of the Left who was going to capture major conspirator Trump? His status with Progressives seems to change daily.

Seriously, Comey lost both the trust of Trump AND the public. He didn't charge Hillary and he lied about the (lack of) extent in Weinergate.

Or, I guess Comey could be super competent and on track to capture Russian spy, operative, plant Trump who is intent on turning our country into a Communist satellite of Russia.
No matter what Trump does whether he kept Comey or fired him the Democrats will turn it into some kind of conspiracy. That is all they have, the same thing over and over and over. It's expected

Old 05-09-2017, 06:51 PM

57,226 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
From the letter Trump sent to Comey....

"While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are no able to effectively lead the Bureau."
[emphasis mine]

Trump's letter firing FBI Director James Comey - CNNPolitics.com
So Sessions recommended that Comey be fired?

Old 05-09-2017, 06:51 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,124 times
How long before Hillary has Comey mysteriously killed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies