Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 01:13 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If your talking points are refusing to answer any question that challenges your preconceived notions than I am glad you will no longer be using them.

It is easy to assume that the reason you won't share what role in law enforcement you occupied over a couple of decades is because you stated you were in "law enforcement" so people would assume you were a police officer while you could quiet possibly be working one of the many non sworn positions in a law enforcement agency, like records, booking, maintenance, lab, finance, HR, etc. Stating you did something like that wouldn't help your argument, even though they are all still important positions. Please let me know if I am off base.
I've had a TSA agent tell me they were in "law enforcement"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 01:21 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times
Quote:
The point is it is not overly expensive to shoot, especially if you do it often enough to know how to price shop instead of going into big 5 for a couple of boxes of ammo. You can always bring your own targets and many ranges are still out door, even here.
Ok that's not how half the country is.

Almost all of the ranges here are indoor and it's almost 25 bucks to shoot for the range fee

A lot of people aren't going out of their way to search for super cheap ammo on the internet and most people won't shoot crappy steel cased ammo.

Still.....it's going to be 100 bucks to shoot here near the cities with a couple hundred rounds of brass ammo

Old 05-26-2017, 06:20 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
McCarthy only likes guns being carried around by people protecting him. Everyone else can shove it. Of course this is at the same time the state of California is trying to remove the madatpry sentence of using a gun in the commission of a felony.

They are literally making it harder for honest people to protect themselves and easier for criminals.
I wonder if Ca. Sen. Diane Feinstein would have to give up her gun , she has a Concealed Carry Permit, if she were to visit the school.

Of course she would like to ban ALL guns for others.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:26 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Teachers are there to teach...not be armed. My daughter teaches kindergarten. There is no way she would want to carry a gun.
We are NOT Utopia.

Do you have any idea how many shootings have occurred IN schools?

"There is no way she would want to carry a gun"

That is YOUR opinion NOT hers. It would be her choice NOT yours.

Are you inferring that just because someone is a teacher that they are NOT capable of of owning and carrying a gun?

MOST people CAN do multiple things.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:33 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Ok that's not how half the country is.

Almost all of the ranges here are indoor and it's almost 25 bucks to shoot for the range fee

A lot of people aren't going out of their way to search for super cheap ammo on the internet and most people won't shoot crappy steel cased ammo.

Still.....it's going to be 100 bucks to shoot here near the cities with a couple hundred rounds of brass ammo
I don't know where you live but I'm a handful of miles south of Oakland and have multiple outdoor all day ranges within 30 min from me and multiple hour days indoor ranges.

Even brass case ammo can be found for less than 10$ a box on line for 9mm. The only way to spend $100 on a range trip is if you are renting everything you need from the range like hearing and eye protection, the guns and then buying the ammo from the range as well.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:30 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And that's why we don't keep a fire hose at the ready on our front porch, right?
No, but you probably have a fire extinguisher in the home.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is no downside to buying an insurance policy other than the cost, there is a downside to allowing guns in schools. We already allow some teachers to carry in some schools, how many attacks have they stopped.
How many attacks were at the school that allow armed teachers?

Old 05-26-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Money to keep our children safe? Yes, priorities are everything, got to build another toll road instead. That is until some student gets ahold of the teachers gun, not sure am comfortable with the idea entirely.
Do your ow how many cops were shot by their own gun? And yet you're ok with the police the only ones being armed.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My daughter isn't weak and scared and I have never been either. You can fight back without guns. To me, guns are a weakness because it means you can't defend yourself on your own abilities.
So cops and soldiers are cowards?

Old 05-26-2017, 03:10 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
I guess things are expensive in California. I live in the middle of the US. We use a state-owned outdoor range. Costs $30 a year per family, open every weekend. The range provides targets. I use a S&W 22 to target shoot. Costs me $10-$20. I do shoot my carry gun some (380 Ruger). If I forget my hearing/eye protection, they loan me some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies