Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2017, 05:09 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It sounds perfectly natural.
Can you imagine any other president since Carter contacting the FBI director and asking if he is under investigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I found it patently ridiculous that Bill Clinton spent so much time on the nuances of what the meaning of the word "is" is.

There is a legal definition of obstruction.

The President telling Comey that he hopes the issue can be put to rest (or however he phrased it according to Comey's alleged account in the leaked memo) doesn't meet the legal definition of obstruction.

The president would have to tell Comey flat out to end the investigation.

And Comey has already said under oath that no one has ever done that.
I also found Clinton's explanation ridiculous.

I will leave whether Trumps comments constitute obstruction to Mueller.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:14 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is going to be AWESOME!!

You think this is about Trump... LOL! That has been settled already. Comey, along with Brennen and Clapper. have already been put in the hot seat.
This is all about Comey and his actions and if he lied to Congress, or is the media lying. Why doesn't Congress have this Memo, in an investigation? If it is to have happened, before he was in the hot seat earlier.

We all get to laugh at the loony left once again.

It is going to be AWESOME! Almost as good as the morning of November 9th.
Actually, I am waiting for the sh$#%it show spin session from Spicer once the testimony gets done. It's going to be a great week for entertainment from the WH.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:57 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Again Right Wing garbage. That they take a more open view of the world rather than a local national view has some truth. So what? The relationship that the US needs to reflect in some degree that we share the world with other nations and may have to on occasion settle for less than we could to protect us all.

I would think agreeing to the suspension of nuclear testing was good for the world and the US even though it may have weakened US national security.
You can live in that world of Left wing Fantasy Truth is your leadership is corrupt and we 40 years of stories. White Water wit James McDougall dying prematurely to Seth Rich. The only reason justice has not been served is the Clinton Cartel has long fingers.

Comey may go either way but he as well is guilty of obstructing justice when he cover for HRC. Nunes has already said it may not go well for Dems.

You and other speak of Right Wing Garbage, in fact its been the DNC working cloak and dagger for 40 years cleaning up the Clinton Crimes.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:04 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes, he is an honest man. I could care less if his answers favor the left or right.
We will see.

Old 06-04-2017, 08:32 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The right wing hate the truth and facts. That is why they reject science. They get their so called information from fake news sites such as Fox News and Infowars which tell them what they want.
Sounds more like the left-wing. The right-wing does not reject science; the right-wing rejects alarmists touting so-called "science."

Just change Fox News and Infowars to CNN, MSNCB, ABC, CBS, NBC, The New York Times, The Washington Post, etc

Old 06-04-2017, 09:10 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Comeys arrogance will be his own downfall and he's going to take Hussein, Valerie and the rest with him.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Comeys arrogance will be his own downfall and he's going to take Hussein, Valerie and the rest with him.

I 'm betting he makes the Fakestream Media look really bad for spreading lies, that a secret memo even exists. For that is illegal and carries 10 years in the Federal Penn.

He can only incriminate himself of perjury and concealing evidence, or prove the media as liars and really fake news.

J. Edgar Hoover was the reason the intelligence people cannot keep secret diaries or memos, for blackmail later, or go to jail and do not pass go.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:30 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And you are still believing the same people that told you, we are not running guns to our enemies.
We are not using the IRS as a political weapon.
We are not supporting terrorists
Scott Walker will be voted out (in recall after recall)
We will not lose the house
We will not lose the senate
Muslims are peaceful you must accept them
We are not spying on Americans
You can keep your doctor
Your HC Premiums will be reduced $2500
Trump will never be the nominee
Hillary will win the election, because there is a 98.6% chance.

It must get old to be the loser, everytime.

When are you guys going to get it together and call you own out on their lies, instead of being the crybullies?
It did not rain on the inauguration. Oh, wait, it did. Don't count that one.
Healthcare - Everyone one will be covered - the government is going to pay for it. It will cost a fraction of what it does today. It will be so easy. Oh, wait. Don't count that one either.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Nunes has already warned Dems "you will not like the outcome". The collusion charges have been urban legend and HRC should of been locked up with Bill.

Liberals think the outcome will come their way, in fact I predict many will fall and HRC and bill will be the first ones in Jail.
It's not about collusion. It's about who from the Trump campaign did improper, unethical and/or illegal activities. And Nunes is not exactly a credible person after his stunt.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
If he claims Trump ordered him to stop, it will mean he perjured himself when he testified that Trump did not. Unless this 'memo' is a recording of Trump explicitly telling him to stop the investigation, then nothing is going to happen.
No, and this is where Trump supporters get it wrong, again. Comey's previous testimony was this to the Judiciary Committee hearing, when Comey was being questioned by Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii.

HIRONO: So if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?
COMEY: In theory, yes.
HIRONO: Has it happened?
COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that "we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it." But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

At NO time did Comey say in his previous testimony that Trump ordered him or asked him because he was not asked if Trump ordered him to stop the investigation. He was asked only about if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice about halting an investigation. Sorry, no perjury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies