Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2017, 10:43 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times

Advertisements

I think people are expecting more out of this then will occur. I think a LOT of Comeys answers will be "At the request of special counsel Mueller I am declining to answer this question in a open forum, but will do so later in a closed session"

I'd be happy if it were more, but this is the most probable outcome that I expect.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I 'm betting he makes the Fakestream Media look really bad for spreading lies, that a secret memo even exists. For that is illegal and carries 10 years in the Federal Penn.
Oh my gosh! We will have to arrest all of the FBI agents! Because almost all of them keep notes!

So much nonsense. Did you learn this from Alex Jones?
Quote:
He can only incriminate himself of perjury and concealing evidence, or prove the media as liars and really fake news.
Based on? Oh whats been repeatedly demonstrated to be ....fake news. Wonder where you heard that bit of nonsense from?

Quote:
J. Edgar Hoover was the reason the intelligence people cannot keep secret diaries or memos, for blackmail later, or go to jail and do not pass go.
Funny...everyone knew Comey took notes about everything. Its not exactly a secret. Theres no blackmail here, thats the most hilarious bit of nonsense yet.

If a cop ever takes notes during a investigation, I'm going to try and tell him to stop blackmailing me with them. That should work great!

Old 06-04-2017, 10:51 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You think this is about Trump... LOL! That has been settled already. Comey, along with Brennen and Clapper. have already been put in the hot seat over everything TRUMP.

This is all about Comey and his actions and if he lied to Congress, or is the media lying about a secret memo he didn't reveal while in the hot seat.
Why doesn't Congress have this Memo, in an investigation? They still don't have it.
If it is to have happened, before he was in the hot seat earlier, why was this bombshell kept secret.

Research J. Edgar Hoover and the reason secret memos and diaries are illegal. You highly intelligent people have not thought this out.

We all get to laugh at the loony left once again.

It is going to be AWESOME.
Nope. You are wrong. Comey never testified that Trump never told him to halt the investigation.

Memos are admissible and Congress would need to subpoena Comey or the FBI to get the memo.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Will you accept his answers, even if they go against the left?

It's a truly simple answer, yes or no?

Will you accept his answers?
I will tend to believe Comey is going to be answering honestly and openly barring additional evidence that I can't imagine appearing. Will you?

Old 06-04-2017, 11:20 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
So, you completely ignore my question...and instead talk about something off-topic.

Thank you, WaldoKitty, for giving me the exact response I expected....specifically from you. Ignore the question, deflect, and then call me out by name about something completely off topic.

You took the bait...hook, line, and sinker. Avoid, deflect, accuse. Trump Supporter Debate Logic 101.

Your response above only strengthens my original point.

To be fair, it is a really stupid question because it ignores the context of the conflict.

After the airport meeting between Lynch and Bill, it was essential that someone else do the dirty work of getting Hillary off the hook and Comey was in the best position to do so.

He did everything he needed to do to make sure Lynch didn't have to prosecute Clinton and didn't have to refuse to prosecute Clinton.

Remember, at the time, the FBI was granting immunity to everyone who could be called as a witness and destroying evidence in order to make the case against Hillary as difficult to pursue as possible.

Comey was clearly on Hillary's team.

Besides, Hillary was thought to be running away with the election, so Comey believed he could throw the game without fear of consequences.

When Trump won, everything associated with this case changed.

Everyone involved with the Clinton cover-up panicked.

So now Comey claims to have a note that he wrote to himself that accurately describes a private conversation with Trump.......OK, and?

You want to know what I'll have to say after he testifies?

OK, here it is.....yeah, I said he would refuse to answer in open forum any questions that didn't help his case.

Some people have to take the Fifth.

Comey isn't some people.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:22 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You're letting your political animus cloud your faculty of reason. One man's say-so doesn't "prove" anything.

Moreover, asking Comey to stop an investigation isn't obstruction of justice. However, it must be nice for you to have the apparatus of public opinion formation pumping out constant propaganda that presents your fantasies as the truth.

By the way, since you're so sure that the testimony you anticipate will "prove" obstruction of justice, I must presume you can identify the statute he is supposed to have violated. Can you?
It absolutely is when the investigation has to do with the president.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:46 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It absolutely is when the investigation has to do with the president.

The FBI is part of the Executive.

The President can fire any executive department head anytime he likes.

He can do this for any reason, or for no reason at all.

In fact, he can fire the FBI chief specifically because he or she is investigating him.

There is no federal statute that prohibits a president firing someone who serves at his pleasure.

Obama could have fired A.G. Lynch for prosecuting Hillary Clinton, had she decided to do so, and would have been legally justified in doing so.

The fact that the inventers of the Russia-Trump conspiracy are clinging to this pretend legal precept, indicates how late in the game it really is.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:47 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thread Title

Trump Supporters, What Will You Say After Comey Testifies on Thursday?
And the correct answer is...

"Gee...why can't this Comey guy keep his stories straight?"

Old 06-04-2017, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The FBI is part of the Executive.

The President can fire any executive department head anytime he likes.

He can do this for any reason, or for no reason at all.

In fact, he can fire the FBI chief specifically because he or she is investigating him.

There is no federal statute that prohibits a president firing someone who serves at his pleasure.

Obama could have fired A.G. Lynch for prosecuting Hillary Clinton, had she decided to do so, and would have been legally justified in doing so.

The fact that the inventers of the Russia-Trump conspiracy are clinging to this pretend legal precept, indicates how late in the game it really is.
There is no law against a mayor firing the police chief for investigating him.

There IS a law about obstructing justice. They arent the same thing. People explain this over and over...

Old 06-04-2017, 11:51 PM

15,533 posts, read 10,507,413 times
" "Fake News" Trump Supporters, What Will You Say After Comey Testifies on Thursday? "

I'll take whatever he says with a grain of salt. Long before Trump, I wanted Obama to fire the man, never trusted him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies