Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2017, 10:20 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,565,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Those poll numbers for the first, second, and fourth items are totally bogus.

The first poll begged the question. True number would be 15%.

The second poll forced a choice from among fewer than all the possibilities. True number would be 0%, since everyone either wants them to have a special kind of status that is superior to that of white citizens or to have no legal status at all. No one wants them to have just plain citizenship.

The last link doesn't explain the poll at all, and it's absurd to think that more than 10% of Americans could oppose the North Carolina bill that left it up to property owners to decide how to handle the bathroom issue. You are full of it.
No, your excuses are full of it. Your side isn't winning and you're butt hurt about it. Meanwhile the majority is more than okay with evolving.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:36 AM

14,768 posts, read 8,099,433 times
Quote:
"Our members lived in South Bend when Mike Pence was governor," the group said in a statement. "We know all too well how his policies endangered or caused direct harm to public education, health care, women's rights, the environment, LGBTQ individuals, immigrants and refugees, reproductive rights, local infrastructure, the economy of our state, and more."

Instructions were quite simple: "Sit with a friend in your college," read an invitation titled "Taking Back Our Commencement.

Dozens of Notre Dame Students Walk Out of VP Mike Pence Commencement Speech - NBC News
Good for them.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:01 AM

30,344 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Good for them.
Bad for them

Old 05-22-2017, 03:13 AM

421 posts, read 287,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I am far from being a fan of Pence, if they invited him he should not be insulted.

So it's okay for trump and Pence to insult people ,people can not insult them,is that right?

Old 05-22-2017, 03:17 AM

421 posts, read 287,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Those poll numbers for the first, second, and fourth items are totally bogus.

The first poll begged the question. True number would be 15%.

The second poll forced a choice from among fewer than all the possibilities. True number would be 0%, since everyone either wants them to have a special kind of status that is superior to that of white citizens or to have no legal status at all. No one wants them to have just plain citizenship.

The last link doesn't explain the poll at all, and it's absurd to think that more than 10% of Americans could oppose the North Carolina bill that left it up to property owners to decide how to handle the bathroom issue. You are full of it.
Yet polls have legitimate data on their side ,you have nothing but your opinion.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:28 AM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Unless your a liberal lefty steer clear of Universities and Students, who generally have too much time on their hands and enjoy protesting at the slightest thing.

In terms of Univesities with religious affilations, this is more apparent in the US than some other parts of the world.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:39 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Unless your a liberal lefty steer clear of Universities and Students, who generally have too much time on their hands and enjoy protesting at the slightest thing.

In terms of Univesities with religious affilations, this is more apparent in the US than some other parts of the world.
Yep.

Lefties use their rights to protest.

Righties use their rights to use guns.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Old 05-22-2017, 04:43 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,587,421 times
Sounds like a plan. If they silently walk out. Works for me. Thumbs up to a left wing protest that does not involve beating people or not letting them speak.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:46 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Look what this administration has turned the Presidency into, though. A mockery of the office.

Why would anyone feel like "respecting" that mess?

I really don't have a party and I never have. I've voted for Rs and Ds for president in the past, and that's pretty much what I'd do again, depending on candidate.

Trump et al are simply a dumpster fire.

I guarantee you that if Trump was removed from office and Pence became president, all this furor would calm right down.

I think he got walked out on because he's COMPLICIT with this joke of a president.

I doubt it was because of Pence personally.

We've had conservative VPs before.
If Pence or any other non-Democrat were President, the DNC's propaganda wing would still be spinning around in circles crying wolf, and brainwashed Democrat voters would still be crying about how awful President X is for the country. Remember, these are the same people who thought Bill Clinton did not have sex with Monica Lewinsky and that a YouTube video caused a preplanned terrorist attack. They are not exactly critical thinkers.

The Democrats and the media (they are the same) lost all credibility long ago.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:56 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,084,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
:sigh:

It matters not when

It matters not why

It matters not how

It matters not where

People ALWAYS find a reason to denigrate other people's choice and right to protest.

I'm really beginning to think SOME people have a problem with standing up to authority.
Sigh...right back at ya.

The first amendment affirms our right to be stupid and disrespectful and to express our stupidity and disrespect in a very public manner.

Again, I am not saying that people don't have that right.

I'm saying that people have a right to do all manner of things they shouldn't do.

But simply stating the obvious about what people have a "right" to do in these type of threads adds nothing to the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies