Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2017, 08:18 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
In the U.S., citizens have the constitutional right to do just exactly what those students did.

To maintain that that they should have to grovel before a liar and a traitor in order to get their diploma is beyond ridiculous.

I've seen some ignorant posts on this forum, but this wins the prize today.
Yes they have the right but at what price? They could have chosen to not attend the ceremony but no they wanted to make their statement with no regard to the others in attendance. How does their right to object supersede the others right to enjoy the ceremony as planned?

"Grovel before a liar" That's quite a stretch from accepting your diploma and shaking someone's hand, I hope these students avoid public service because it could be embarrassing if the person they are to meet/work with doesn't meet their ideals.

I would agree that their have been plenty of "ignorant posts" on this forum but I would call this a contender so far but the days not over.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:58 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,358 times
I know people said it about Obama even though it was mostly rhetoric, but this administration has ripped this country to shreds already.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:03 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,510,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
I know people said it about Obama even though it was mostly rhetoric, but this administration has ripped this country to shreds already.
This admin has ripped this country to shreds? You sure the Media has nothing to do with this?

Old 05-22-2017, 09:29 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,568,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
This admin has ripped this country to shreds? You sure the Media has nothing to do with this?
I don't blame the doctor if he points out that I have cancer.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:33 AM

50,320 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Education at a Prestigious Catholic school, how Ironic. Education at a college that doesnt agree with certain things like abortion, and homosexuality.. Too funny.
And they walk out on VP on their day of honor... how is their family to feel..
Bunch of whining little babies with their little rainbow colors on their gowns.
Wonder how they are going to be as employees, or as potential leaders when they act this way..No respect.
They won't be employed for long if the walk out thing persists.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:57 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Again, I assert that you people just have a problem with defying/questioning authority on the whole because no matter the venue, time, reason, etc. you have a problem with protesters.

I'd have no problem with people standing up and walking out, especially in the way these graduates did it. Quietly and without fanfare. Yes, I'd be very proud of my children for exercising their first amendment rights for something they felt strongly about and I even discussed this with them last night at dinner.
Your assertion is false.

You do understand that they weren't just being disrespectful to Pence/Trump right?

They were disrespectful to the school (regardless of what the faculty's opinion might be).

They were disrespectful to the other students who may not share their opinions.

They were disrespectful to their own parents, the parents of other kids and many other guests at the ceremonies who would have preferred that the memory of their kids graduation was not turned into an agenda driven display.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:58 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Your assertion is false.

You do understand that they weren't just being disrespectful to Pence/Trump right?

They were disrespectful to the school (regardless of what the faculty's opinion might be).

They were disrespectful to the other students who may not share their opinions.

They were disrespectful to their own parents, the parents of other kids and many other guests at the ceremonies who would have preferred that the memory of their kids graduation was not turned into an agenda driven display.
Can't please everyone, so its best to do what you think is right.

And that includes the students who didn't walk out.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:03 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I don't blame the doctor if he points out that I have cancer.
You should if he is injecting you with carcinogens.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:11 AM

16,280 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Quote:

You really need to stop this excuse, although we all know you won't. Is the media fair? No. Do they misrepresent stories? Yes, they have been doing this for years and it is not unique to Donald Trump. Do they appear to be publishing non-stop negative stories on President Trump? Yes. That's because he gives them so much to work with.

Just stop pretending all of the issues, scandals, etc are the fault of the media. CNN does not have the power to begin an investigation. They are investigating because there are reasons to investigate.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:20 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,510,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You really need to stop this excuse, although we all know you won't. Is the media fair? No. Do they misrepresent stories? Yes, they have been doing this for years and it is not unique to Donald Trump. Do they appear to be publishing non-stop negative stories on President Trump? Yes. That's because he gives them so much to work with.

Just stop pretending all of the issues, scandals, etc are the fault of the media. CNN does not have the power to begin an investigation. They are investigating because there are reasons to investigate.
Dont tell me what to do, you are not my Supervisor, LOL
So. you are saying that the media never lies and puts out false stories just to make the POTUS look bad. Doesnt matter, Hillary lost, and it feels so good... Anything, I mean, anything was better than cankles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies