Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2017, 06:56 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,803,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
No, its not, but it is about how people live in a civil society. Behaving rudely simply because someone might say something you disagree with speaks to a free for all world in which there are no rules of decorum. It will not end well for those students if that is how they approach life.
Or perhaps they will learn to have a backbone and stand up for what they believe in.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:07 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,549,229 times
And Pence is still Vice President. Lol!! These freakin baby snowflakes walk out on one of the nicest congenial men on the planet. For 8 years conservative student tolerated Michelle and Barack commencement speeches. They sat there and respected the person speaking. Libs know nothing about civility. They preach tolerance but can't let someone with different view speak ?? They call Trump and Pence Nazis, but what they are doing mirrors 1930s Germany more than anything the GOP have done

Old 05-21-2017, 07:08 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,568,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
You must be 12 years old because you have zero knowledge of history. I have no problem with what the students at Notre Dame did so you obviously never read my post commenting on it.

Here you go
How Many Americans Are Conservative, Liberal?

U.S. Liberals at Record 24%, but Still Trail Conservatives | Gallup
You must be 7 years old because you have zero knowledge of the present.

Americans' Support for Gay Marriage Remains High, at 61% | Gallup

In U.S., 65% Favor Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants | Gallup

Support for Legal Marijuana Use Up to 60% in U.S. | Gallup

Poll: 6-in-10 oppose bills like the North Carolina transgender bathroom law - CNNPolitics.com

You tell me which is the liberal and which is the conservative position on these topics. Or better yet, don't: you've already proven you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:08 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
You have some nerve.
They have every right to walk out. It's their hard work and tuition dollars that got them there.
Always love the lefts outlook on life, They are suppose to be educated adults at this point and should have learned that they don't always get their way. They could have skipped going to the graduation out of protest but no they wanted everyone to know their view with no consideration for the others in attendance. How about all the others who worked hard and spent their tuition dollars and earned the right to have a graduation without a selfish bunch ruining it for them.

But I forgot according to you "they have every right to walk out", hope the door hits them on the a** as they go..

Old 05-21-2017, 07:11 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I suppose that's why the good people of Indiana voted by a substantial majority for Pence as Vice President and Trump for President.
Your argument has failed big time.
Oh yes they did! The good people of Indiana wanted Pence the hell out of Indiana!

Old 05-21-2017, 07:14 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They are adults. They have the right to express themselves in such a manner if they choose.

Norte Dame has the right to kick them off campus if they are being disruptive as well.
Pedro, you and I are often on the same page on many issues.

However, I have to take the opportunity to object to this type of "they have the right to express themselves" response.
(Or they have a "right" to .......whatever).

I see this type of reply from many posters, in many different posts where it's really irrelevant to the topic or questions asked by the OP.

Usually (and certainly in this case) nobody is saying they don't have the "right" to express themselves the way they did.

The topic is whether they should express themselves in this disrespectful manner.

Saying that someone has the right to something when that right is self evident adds nothing to a thread.

Last edited by FatBob96; 05-21-2017 at 07:27 PM..

Old 05-21-2017, 07:19 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It's not disrespectful not to want to hear his speech.
Of course it's disrespectful to walk out on him, the very nature of it is it's a way of saying F you and that the last time I looked was a sign of disrespect. The office deserves a certain level of respect. I already said that they have the right to do it.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:43 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Why should graduates listen to his BS out of respect?

Respect is a two way street.

Pence has been flat out lying to Americans.

Rachel Maddow's Epic Take Down Of Mike Pence's Many Many Lies Is A Sight To Behold

Old 05-21-2017, 08:11 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,524,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
And Pence is still Vice President. Lol!! These freakin baby snowflakes walk out on one of the nicest congenial men on the planet. For 8 years conservative student tolerated Michelle and Barack commencement speeches. They sat there and respected the person speaking. Libs know nothing about civility. They preach tolerance but can't let someone with different view speak ?? They call Trump and Pence Nazis, but what they are doing mirrors 1930s Germany more than anything the GOP have done
Exactly !
Very well said!

Old 05-21-2017, 08:16 PM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
These ant-tolerance Snowflakes are going to struggle in the job market where you have to be tolerant of people even if you disagree with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies