Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2017, 04:43 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
The problem is Trump and Pence are preaching a message of intolerance, so why should they be afforded any? You get what you give.
Actually, no one is taking anyone's rights away. Ever since Trump and Pence stepped into the White House, not one non-white person has lost their civil rights, not one woman has lost her rights, not one gay/LGBT person has lost their rights. Not one. But the fake news fools you to believe that Trump/Pence are racist, sexist, bigoted, etc...

Old 05-21-2017, 04:43 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,069,715 times
Students walking out are just upset that George Soros wasn't the speaker.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Actually, no one is taking anyone's rights away. Ever since Trump and Pence stepped into the White House, not one non-white person has lost their civil rights, not one woman has lost her rights, not one gay/LGBT person has lost their rights. Not one. But the fake news fools you to believe that Trump/Pence are racist, sexist, bigoted, etc...
They are ALL of that.

But our system of government does not allow them to impose their beliefs on the rest of us. Yet.

Certainly ~ they would if they could.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

What happened to tolerance, patience and respect?
Donald Trump happened. The most disrespectful person to ever grace the public stage. He normalized absolute and total disrespect with his own words, actions and attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Listening to A right wing radio show a mom called in to chat and she told a story about her very conservative daughter that went to a very liberal university where Elizabeth Warren gave a commencement speech. Did this young woman get up and walk out? No she stayed in her chair and held her nose but she gave Warren the respect that should be forwarded to anyone that is taking the time to make a speech at the ceremony.
Interesting you should mention that particular speech and a condescending woman thinking her daughter deserves an award for sitting through her commencement speech. I know someone who was in the audience at that ceremony, sitting directly behind two guys who saw fit to wear gun-nut 'second amendment--don't tread on me' t-shirts, I assume to make a statement and also annoy the 'liberal' crowd. Every time Warren said something they didn't agree with, they pointed their fingers at her and made a shooting gesture. Lovely tolerant people--very respectful. Give me a break.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:06 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sunday View Post
They have a right to speak.The students have the same right not to listen to it.Pence is a trump pawn.
I am far from being a fan of Pence, if they invited him he should not be insulted.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:24 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,771,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
The problem is Trump and Pence are preaching a message of intolerance, so why should they be afforded any? You get what you give.
It seems that the primary source of intolerance these days is on the left. Too many leftist students today are choosing to live in an echo chamber where there is no diversity of opinion nor tolerance for anyone who disagrees with them.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:38 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Trump has defended the NC anti-LGBT bathroom law, they've supported Texas's stop anyone who looks Mexican policy, and they've supported Marine Le Penn.

Most of the United States isn't oblivious to what Trump and Spence stand for.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:39 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,771,580 times
When my son graduated college the keynote speaker was Teddy Kennedy. My son, his mother and I and his grandmother were not fans of his, but we all sat quietly and were respectful. We'd of been very disappointed in our son had he walked out. He was our Senator and his office deserved the respect of our sitting quietly through his speech. Many others in attendance were fans of his and it was their graduation ceremony too. Never would we have assumed that we had a right to disrupt or otherwise mar the graduation ceremony for them. The protestors at Notre Dame may have left quietly, but they marred the ceremony nonetheless.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:40 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Whether it was 1 or 1,000, it only matters that some people are standing up for their convictions and doing what they think is right. Don't know if someone posted this video, but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GbCSeVmEPo
These people would crumble at their knees if any real life tuffness came there way.

They are babies and think they know it all.

If sht hit the fan and I needed some real tuff people that can hold their own, be selfless, and make something work I would not pick one of them!

They would be a detriment to others around them.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:47 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Trump has defended the NC anti-LGBT bathroom law, they've supported Texas's stop anyone who looks Mexican policy, and they've supported Marine Le Penn.

Most of the United States isn't oblivious to what Trump and Spence stand for.
Here's a shocker for you. The majority of Americans don't want unisex bathrooms and it doesn't make a person evil if they support Marine le Penn.
That's the problem with some people. You think everyone needs to think like you do. Every poll shows that most Americans consider themselves more conservative than liberal but I guess you can't understand that nor tolerate it, but that's your personal problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies