Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 07:55 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
How did the peoples express their wishes; through a referendum? When?

My uncle came to Britain in 1921. He even served in the British army during the WWII. He was no problem to Britain.

I am a Muslim and never have been any problem to Britain. The same goes for my sons born in Britain. In fact, a vast majority of Muslims are no problem to Britain. Blaming all Muslims for the crimes of a very small minority won't help solve any problem.

By whom? If the first generation is okay then who radicalized the second generation?

How come the same religion did not plant seed of hatred and terrorism in the first generation when it was young?

A better idea would be to severely limit bombing countries with Muslim majority. If you bomb Muslim countries, you teach second generation bombing Muslims is okay. That's why the second generation bombs even Muslims.

The first generation to the second generation:

"You should learn from us to live peacefully in this country."

The second generation to the first generation:

"Where did it get you to by being peaceful Muslims in this country?
They don't see you as peaceful; they see all of us as Muslims.

Can you see my point, in newengland?
You made several valid points, I will give you that

But I have always been told that most victims of ISIS, Al Qaeda and other Islamic terrorism are themselves Muslim. Second generation of Muslims chose to join terrorist groups that kill Muslims, why?

Blaming foreign policy is okay because sometimes, the foreign policies do suck. But it is not the only answer.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:55 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinayTamara View Post
Here was article on this recently,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.79b6f5c0a64b

Saudi Arabia sends lots of money to mosques and recruit weapons for Abu Sayyaf in Philippines and arm radical Muslims against Filipino people, yet they don't take in any refugees from Syria and force US and Australia and Canada to do it and import ISIS on own soil. And most of the media just ignores it and keeps saying Western countries or Duterte should feel guilty they don't take in even more Muslims from Syria, like we should feel guilty just standing up for ourselves. Makes no sense!
NOTHING in your link states any of this. The only thing your link states is "...To varying degrees, elements within Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the U.A.E. and Kuwait...". This pretty much translates to private donations to shell funds by private citizens and not state sponsorship.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You made several valid points, I will give you that

But I have always been told that most victims of ISIS, Al Qaeda and other Islamic terrorism are themselves Muslim. Second generation of Muslims chose to join terrorist groups that kill Muslims, why?

Blaming foreign policy is okay because sometimes, the foreign policies do suck. But it is not the only answer.
Sunni vs Shia

Old 05-24-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Sunni vs Shia
well, maybe the second generation of Muslims should be more informed. Blaming foreign policy and westerners is not the answer.

This is exactly why I believe westerners should stay away from the hell hole. Sunni and Shia should figure things out themselves. Now, they think this is a war against the entire Muslim world.

I hate to say this, but extreme religious people tend to be gullible, easily manipulated.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinayTamara View Post
But we already are in this situation in the USA too, we actually take in even more Muslim refugees here especially from Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Pakistan. In hospital where I worked last year we had interpreters called every single day for Somali, Arabic and Urdu and the languages of Afghanistan because so many of the patients came from these countries and had such big families. In fact Europe has been faster and faster deporting the refugees who came in even though doesn't get much press, my cousin works there and even in Sweden, Germany and France they finding more and more reasons to send the Muslims home. When look at total population in Europe the Muslims are less than 3% and now they sending them home faster and faster, in Italy more Ukrainians and Filipinos come in than Muslims and the main immigrant groups come in from rest of European countries
https://www.rferl.org/a/finland-foll.../27518270.html
Lawrence Solomon: Europe is planning to deport hundreds of thousands of Muslims | National Post

Trump's travel ban was blocked by the judges and in the period of the block, the Muslim refugees have been pouring into US even faster then they were coming in during Obama Administration. In fact in Europe they often even deport second or third generation immigrants born in Europe, which they can't do in US due to 14th amendment. This is irony because those of us who want to contribute to US and help economy, such as Filipino community usually can't get green cards anymore or settle, whereas refugees who come here get full benefits and usually instant settlement rights. Also USA has something called a loterya visa that overwhelmingly brings in Muslims from Africa and Middle East, which Europe does not have, and yet ironically contributing groups like Filipinos can't use it. I do think Britain is in special case and lot worse than rest of Europe, they have bigger Muslim population that grows very fast and can't send them home due to PC and laws there. Even compared to France, the French actually have harsh immigration laws, one tiny slip and they kick you out, and if mosques there make even tiny hint of anti-French statements these days, they kick out the imam and whole congregation, close the mosque and then expel all the families.
France likely to close more than 100 mosques - Al Jazeera English

Edit: My cousin in France is often with the Filipino community around Paris, even the Filipinos who do not pose a terrorist threat, if an immigrant or family commits one tiny crime there, like littler or graffiti, the courts have authority to throw all of you out. They pretend to enforce against all immigrant groups to try not looking too biased, but everyone knows the main target is provide legal excuses to kick out all their Muslims as fast as possible. It seems harsh but given the threat I understand why French so harsh on the Muslims, they come in as guests to a foreign country and attack it, there is no tolerance for that. In PI Duterte himself is taking very harsh measures against the Abu Sayyaf and martial law on Marawi and rest of Mindanao, and the Muslim population there isn't even immigrant so of course other countries have right to be harsh against an immigrant group that attacks the country.

Remember that the USA and Australia and Canada has lots of terrorist attacks too like Orlando, Boston, 9/11, Ft Hood and San Bernardino, and in Sydney, we are hardly immune to this and the major ISIS terrorists for the US are also refugees or their kids who hate the country that took their family in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
I would like to ask the following question to the Canadian and American Immigration Departments
If the tragic situation in Syria calls for the acceptance of these immigrants
Why not emigrate to Saudi Arabia?
Or to the UAE or to Egypt
And why they want to reach Canada, America or Europe
I mean immigrants from Muslims
Because they can live in Saudi Arabia because they have the same ideological culture
But are being deported to Canada, America or Australia
So there is a hidden program
He wants to spread Islam in a transparent way
The program is supported by Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states
Through the United Nations Program
I can explain this through my personal experience
So let me ask you both, what do you see as the answer to the problems?

Old 05-24-2017, 08:08 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
There are around 600 other murders in the UK, what is the religion of their murderers? Why aren't other religions required to stand up each time someone is killed? It's just to easy to blame 3 Million Muslims for the actions of 1.
Why do Muslims rape young Christian girls? This has happened all over my country in recent years. Organised gang rape. Muslims rape and kill because non Muslims are dirt under their nails, and their lives mean nothing.

Ordinary murderers in Britain don't kill over religion. That is what Muslims do. Actions of one? Tell that to the injured children lying in Manchester hospitals with limbs blown off. We're sick of Muslim bellyaching, and blaming everyone else.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:24 AM

137 posts, read 79,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, maybe the second generation of Muslims should be more informed. Blaming foreign policy and westerners is not the answer.

This is exactly why I believe westerners should stay away from the hell hole. Sunni and Shia should figure things out themselves. Now, they think this is a war against the entire Muslim world.

I hate to say this, but extreme religious people tend to be gullible, easily manipulated.
Young men are used because as you say are easerly manipulated , the ones with special needs are in big demand too for training , it's the sleepers that are dangerous ones , well they were referred to as Sleepers years ago ...boy next door type , anyone that travels to Syria should not be aloud back in the country .

Old 05-24-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Why do Muslims rape young Christian girls? This has happened all over my country in recent years. Organised gang rape. Muslims kill because non Muslims are dirt under their nails, and their lives mean nothing.

Ordinary murderers in Britain don't kill over religion. That is what Muslims do. Actions of one? Tell that to the injured children lying in Manchester hospitals with limbs blown off. We're sick of Muslim bellyaching, and blaming everyone else.
There were 23,851 rapes in the UK last year. Were they all adults? Were they all raped by Muslims? Get some perspective that the majority of crimes in the UK are not done by Muslims. What Muslims do in the Middle East has little comparison to what Muslims do in the UK.

If the UK really wants to deal with this problem, they need to hunt down the leaders/Imams who preach it and arrest them. If they weren't born in the UK, strip them of their citizenship and send them back to where they came from.

Last edited by Pruzhany; 05-24-2017 at 08:47 AM..

Old 05-24-2017, 08:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
I wonder, given that most if not all of these terrorists have traveled from their "home" in the west back to the country they or their family fled from or some other terror training ground prior to committing their act of terror why can't there be a law saying once you do this you cannot come back?

This Manchester bomber reportedly went to Libya and if such a law existed he'd not have been back in the UK to bomb anything.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior 7 View Post
Young men are used because as you say are easerly manipulated , the ones with special needs are in big demand too for training , it's the sleepers that are dangerous ones , well they were referred to as Sleepers years ago ...boy next door type , anyone that travels to Syria should not be aloud back in the country .
Yes. I think this is a solution. I know most of us don't agree with racial profiling, but I think behavioral criminal profiling does work wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies