Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2017, 12:38 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think plenty will change with Pence. We will still have the Trump agenda, but we won't be alienating our allies and I think he could restore some big of confidence in the functionality of DC. Right now, it's such a circus nobody can take it seriously anymore.
True that.

I think the problem with Pence as president however is that the republicans will finally have their buddy in the white house again. I think the Ted Cruz supporters will be happy as well.

This said, I am not sure what I think at this moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 12:51 AM

1,548 posts, read 914,156 times
You'll have an opportunity in a few years to vote for a different President if this one so displeases you.

Old 05-27-2017, 01:03 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
He'll get a second term if the left doesn't stop their ******ing.

So 8 years is how long you're going to have to "put up with him".

Too bad.

Get over it.

Old 05-27-2017, 03:40 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero
Trump supporters still worship him and see him doing nothing wrong.
Nope its scary... We cant even talk to them... They either ignore us or start yellling @ us like maniacs! (In person)

Old 05-27-2017, 04:14 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Since Day One, it's been one thing after another. Now we learn that Jared Kushner may have requested a secret channel to the Russians. That is treason. That's not including everything else he's done. Almost every day our couple of days, it's something else. How much longer are Americans going to let this traitor destroy this country?

I say lets prove these accusations as quick as we can and get on with the impeachment. I really think this is becoming a national emergency.
Watergate took just over a year from start to finish, but the committee had a cast of thousands to interview.

An investigation like this always starts out slow, but there always comes a point when it accelerates suddenly and the conclusion follows shortly afterward. It's the time when either the evidence suddenly all comes together, or suddenly falls apart.

With Nixon, it came together. With Clinton, it fell apart.

When Watergate reached that point, it ended in just over 2 weeks. When the Clinton impeachment hit the point, it ended in less than a week.

But both of the earlier proceedings happened before the digital age. A lot of time in both was burned up while people looked through stacks of pages, trying to all find the same one.

This one could be a lot speedier, especially if there are some audio recordings.

Old 05-27-2017, 04:33 AM

30,395 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Since Day One, it's been one thing after another. Now we learn that Jared Kushner may have requested a secret channel to the Russians. That is treason. That's not including everything else he's done. Almost every day our couple of days, it's something else. How much longer are Americans going to let this traitor destroy this country?

I say lets prove these accusations as quick as we can and get on with the impeachment. I really think this is becoming a national emergency.
7.5 more years as President

Old 05-27-2017, 04:39 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,998 times
When Trump supporters accept they were mislead.

Trump is a global buisness, I am convinced there were discussions and leaks to Russia the question is who, what and the consequences.

Both parties need to take a long hard look at themselves. The world is changing fast since 9/11, warfare and immigration has all changed.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:23 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If he were to run again, the DNC would have to nominate another Hillary disaster to lose.

The DNC might put in the extra work to implode again, but I wouldn't count on it.
I heard a couple of non FOX pundits refer to Hillary's speech at Wellesley as an unofficial kickoff for a 2020 run.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm only hoping for another SCOTUS pick or two.
^^^^^ This.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
We're not. This country is full of idiots. A man just assaulted a reporter and got applauded and sent to Congress. Trump and people around him are committing treason, and millions of people are applauding him for it.

This country is a lost cause. It's been destroyed by greed, corruption, and stupidity on the right.
When are you leaving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies