Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2017, 09:19 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Republicans count on the poor/low income white vote to win elections. They stoke their fears of the "brown people" to get elected and then turn around and enact legislation that hurts poor whites the most. This has always been and will always be.

I find that I have very little sympathy for what the Trump supporters are going to experience under the PuTrumpin presidency because it is a self inflicted wound.
More venom that comes from obvious brainwashing - but at least your hate-filled posts are consistent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 09:19 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,015,831 times
Quote:
Republicans count on the poor/low income white vote to win elections. They stoke their fears of the "brown people" to get elected and then turn around and enact legislation that hurts poor whites the most. This has always been and will always be.

I find that I have very little sympathy for what the Trump supporters are going to experience under the PuTrumpin presidency because it is a self inflicted wound.
What is going to be interesting is when the pendulum swings back, because they are yanking that thing way to the right when it comes back its going to be sight to be seen, add to that the resistance roadmap that the left is playing now, when the right's version of that resistance happens after 2020 hopefully, that is also going to be in the history books.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:25 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
OK, what specific crime has been committed and what proof is there that Trump did anything illegal or even unethical?
Well, your response to my post is a crime! lol Seriously, show me where I wrote one word that you used in your reply to my post #25.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Rather than a rapid impeachment, I'd prefer a loonnnnng, stretched out investigation, or series of investigations, each one ensuring that trump and the repub agenda doesn't make much progress. Because pence is a thousand times more... competent... than trump, he would be more likely to get that whole repub thing supporting him, and his ideas are just too extreme. Of course, while it seems kinda unlikely right now, it is possible that the repubs could lose seats all over the place in 2018, and we would be back to opposing sides and gridlock for a while. stranger things have happened.
I think that is exactly what we should hope for. Just a constant drip and an lengthy investigation - guaranteed to throw Trump off his game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm a Democrat and even I began getting sick of the nightly reports on the Russian investigation. However, you can't convince me that EVERY respectable news source is fabricating stories to slander this administration. Tonight the Reuters report on Jared Kushner is very troubling. Anyone who believes that the Washington Post, the New York Times, the Associated Press and Reuters are all ganging up on Trump has to be living in a scary state of paranoia.
Agree. I tire of it too. But, like you, I don't believe they are all lying. I DO believe they are all rushing to be the next Woodward & Bernstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I want that bozo to serve out the full four years or as close to it as he can manage.

Because he's such an incompetent boob that he has the GOP's agenda paralyzed. And the longer he remains in office, the more he damages the Pub party.

So, relax.

Keep your shirt on.

Let him do his thing.

Excellent advice, as always.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:59 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
What is going to be interesting is when the pendulum swings back, because they are yanking that thing way to the right when it comes back its going to be sight to be seen, add to that the resistance roadmap that the left is playing now, when the right's version of that resistance happens after 2020 hopefully, that is also going to be in the history books.
You're right...If it happens. It will be with the backing of a large portion of the military and Stalins purges will be nothing to the housecleaning that will be done...

Old 05-27-2017, 01:01 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,125,530 times
7.5 years, the Pence takes over for the next 8.

Old 05-27-2017, 01:10 PM

5,862 posts, read 3,301,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
7.5 years, the Pence takes over for the next 8.
Would love that.

Old 05-27-2017, 01:15 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Trump supporters still worship him and see him doing nothing wrong. Chaos and treason are totally cool with them. Until Republicans grow a soul and morals, don't expect things to change.
What chaos and treason?

Yeah, as if Democrats have a soul and morals!

Old 05-27-2017, 01:26 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Trump supporters are very scary people IMO. I do not trust them at all. I know a few people (including myself) who decided to become armed after PuTrumpin took the White House.

Hopefully the John McCain Republicans can seek out the truth about Trump and his allegiance to Russia because America has an infestation happening like termites eating the WH from the inside out.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:35 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,934,109 times
Quote:
Trump supporters are very scary people IMO. I do not trust them at all. I know a few people (including myself) who decided to become armed after PuTrumpin took the White House.
See? Trump has already had a positive effect on Pro-Gun rights. And to think people say he hasn't done anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies