Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 06:50 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Government workers don't want to lose their jobs either. They want those welfare and disability related jobs to continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 06:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Government workers don't want to lose their jobs either. They want those welfare and disability related jobs to continue.
If Trump can fire 30% of the EPA, we can fire the disability related jobs.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
You dont know who people on disability voted for and seacoves beloved hale county alabama where 25% of the people are on disability went for hillary clinton by a large margin.

The black belt in the south is one of the most reliable democrat areas in the country.West Virginia also went for bernie sanders and you dont know that people in west virginia on disability didnt vote for hillary
With 70 thousand factories closing, and going over seas or elsewhere put Americans out of work in many rural areas who had a few factories to work in has a lot to do with these numbers.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If Trump can fire 30% of the EPA, we can fire the disability related jobs.
Sounds good. I believe Trump would love that. Put the people to work.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
With 70 thousand factories closing, and going over seas or elsewhere put Americans out of work in many rural areas who had a few factories to work in has a lot to do with these numbers.
Then they need to move to where the jobs are. Guess what? A lot of jobs and technology will be developed from the initiatives out of the Paris Agreement. Trump just ceded leadership on that. Red states left out in the cold again, because blue states are creating an alliance to continue working with them. This is the problem. These people lack education and lack the willingness to push themselves forward. Instead they buy a red hat and collect Disability.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:18 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The same as every other human who actually has the choice to do so if they want without permission from anyone. Do you believe limiting those who can have children to one specific group? I believe that has
been attempted before. Are you going to be choosing those who can have children? What happens when
a few of those children are less than perfect or does not meet your required standards?

Perhaps someone has wondered why you were allowed to have children and they felt you and your groomed children share a miserable existence and are infuriated by your tragic miserable existence.
They are welcome to procreate all they wish, on their own dime. Are you suggesting it is my responsibility to fund them?

Old 06-03-2017, 07:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
We've gotta do something to stop these inner city welfare and entitlement program cheats.

Good thing this doesn't happen in rural America. Then we'd REALLY be in trouble.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:23 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
These social welfare programs are designed to help people who genuinely need our help. But as the OP points out, we do have slugs, the dregs of society who only want to leach off the rest of us.
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'd like to see a solution to help those truly in need, and yet, slice off the leaches
And unlike some folks, I do think it's better to support a small group of those who may not need it instead of stopping the support of anyone who truly does need the help.

Full disclosure. I am on disability

Old 06-03-2017, 07:56 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
If a person on disability can do stuff like stock shelves but the employer wants the shelves stocked in say 3 hours but it takes the disabled person a lot longer then the disabled person will still be unemployed. How is the person supposed to pay rent, utilities, buy food, etc. when the person is kicked off disability but still is unemployable by employer standards? Society is forcing people like me to be homeless and die in the streets or resort to crime for survival.

I was able to stock shelves, racks, etc. when I worked retail, but it took me nearly twice as long as other people due to the health problems. I was fired from every job. Wasn't my fault. I made myself physically ill trying to keep up with everyone else. I have no way to force anyone to hire and keep me nor can anyone else.
Many here won't understand it (what you are talking about.).
They won't understand that in the US the employers want to exploit to the fullest.
America is not the Soviet Union, where there were no "welfare checks" and everyone was required to work on one hand, yet at the same time the state was more benevolent employer - i.e. the rules were less rigid, the age/other circumstances were taken in consideration, so people were not forced to work as hard, to the crumbling point. That's why "disability" there was the whole different matter.
It's the same issue as with that judge that asks why someone can't work with the high blood pressure, when he can ( while sitting all the time on his bench, obviously.)

Old 06-03-2017, 07:57 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We've gotta do something to stop these inner city welfare and entitlement program cheats.

Good thing this doesn't happen in rural America. Then we'd REALLY be in trouble.
It isn't just intercity. Its in rural America too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies