Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2017, 05:27 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He blew the **** out of much of the world. That is NOT being a good representative.

There were better choices that one could have made but decided not to.
I'm simply saying our diplomatic relations with many other countries were better under Obama than they are under Trump. Yes, that does count for something.

What were those better choices? Please note, that I and many others that I know voted for Sanders in the primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 05:27 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I know exactly who they were talking about. That wasn't my point!!! The point was that idiots and crazies can be found in ALL GROUPS.
that was a horribly ineffective and ridiculous way to try to make such a point when someone was specifically referencing their own relatives.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:28 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that was a horribly ineffective and ridiculous way to try to make such a point when someone was specifically referencing their own relatives.
Thanks for the input. Place me on ignore if you dislike my posting style so much. <3 *muah*

Old 06-15-2017, 05:52 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
I know exactly who they were talking about. That wasn't my point!!! The point was that idiots and crazies can be found in ALL GROUPS.
That doesn't excuse the sentiments and actions of the left, which is what we are talking about right now.
It's hateful rhetoric that creates a climate where the extremes get agitated sufficiently to act out in dangerous deadly ways.

That is what dehumanizing the opposition leads to.

Remember, this guy was a fan/follower of Rachel Maddow whose words many on the left believe as though they were sacred truth.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-15-2017 at 05:57 AM.. Reason: response to deleted post

Old 06-15-2017, 06:00 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Total BS.
This shooter was a nut job who let his hate get the better of him.
With the amount of hate running rampant in todays America this incident could just as easily been a righty shooting lefties.
An interesting read on the dynamics of Americas shootings =
A Guide to Mass Shootings in America – Page 2 – Mother Jones

The troubling issue is that it wasn't a righty shooting lefties, it was a lefty shooting GOP Congressional members, and staff members, and you, and others like you are doing everything you can to deflect from that fact. The overwhelming majority of the violent incidents prior to, and following the 2016 election were cases of those on the left attacking those on the right. Denial doesn't change that fact. To better frame this point, consider the fact that all of the hand wringing prior to the election from those on the left concerned with the possibility of violence from those on the right should Trump lose was being discussed while members of the left were actively attacking people for just attending Trump campaign events. Just ignoring facts doesn't make them go away. Again, for clarity, I don't blame anyone but the gunman for what happened yesterday, but you really need to wake up, and stop deflecting.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:01 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Let's face it. Bernie Sanders is going to attract supporters of which many will be goons and malcontents and outright butt headed idiots. This Hodgkinson.... dig into his past somebody. From what I've read about him he comes across as misogynistic and domineering and also had a history of anger problems. His foster daughter killed herself by pouring herself with gasoline and lighting it some months after moving in with them. THAT needs to be looked at given the physical abuse he gave his daughter. And on the subject of foster children, what if any reports of abuse did they suffer that may have been dropped.
Bernie Sanders is a two faced hypocrite. His wife belongs in jail for what she did to her university and he had no backbone when it came to standing up to Hillary and the DNC. He just took a payoff and took his nastiness and sense of failure out on Trump. Now former head of the DNC Terry McCauliffe and Governor of Virginia is mouthing off about gun violence. He's another who belongs in prison. Global Crossing and his ties to the Clinton make that undebateable.
And what about the DNC? Bernie said violence of any kind doesn't belong in this society. Well, tell that to Seth Rich.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:05 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Sorry, there's been no time in history that we have had such a Grade A jerk for a president. Your approval and love of him just informs me that you dig that sort of narcissist domination from a leader. The guy is a mean, selfish jerk. I've watched every president since the 70s and even that crook Nixon wasn't such an idiot. Nope, HE has caused this. He has broken this country.

So much for the ersatz "Kumbayaaaaaa".

Old 06-15-2017, 06:31 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Why should I ask him?

Its people right here on this board, this thread who want to get rid of us lefties.

The question remains: How are you going to do it?
We did it by doing what civilized people do: vote them out.

The right disagreed with the government in place in 2008 and started working towards changing that. Not with violence, but at the voting booth.

The different reactions to losing the majority is telling.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Interesting post. People keep claiming the rhetoric is so much worse now that Trump is president but I wonder if that's really true or if they are more aware of it since its their guy up there now.
The same rhetoric went on for 8 years when Obama was in WH, but they condoned it because it was coming from their side. Now the same language is thrown back on their faces, and they are appalled.

I knew they'd be on the receiving end as soon as they controlled the government.

If Hillary had won, it would continue from their side, and we'd see Hillary effigies being lynched just like they did with Obama effigies. Even Trump suggested "the 2nd amendment people" might do something about her.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-15-2017 at 07:09 AM..

Old 06-15-2017, 07:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am asking why is it that "liberals" that hate violence did not hold Obama accountable for his violence? It's a simple question that you want to take personally.
Maybe you need to explain what you are talking about. The war on terror? The drones?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies