Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2017, 10:47 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A robbery that happened four days beforehand.

He says that Castile had "a wide set nose."

I'll definitely be sending financial support to BLM from now on.

Good, because I ain't voting Republican.

The NRA supports Repubs. Where are they?

I'm now in full support of BLM, morally and financially.
That is a shame you are going in this direction.

It only divided cultures and does not unite.

You will be doing things in just what you say is wrong.
Lead by example and be careful not to be a hypocrite

Old 06-17-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do we have anymore information about this confrontation other than the girlfriend's video which begins after the shooting?
Juror Speaks About Decision in Yanez Trial | KSTP.com

Juror Speaks About Decision in Yanez Trial

A juror in the trial of former St. Anthony police officer Jeronimo Yanez said dash cam footage and the former officer's testimony is what led him to vote to acquit Yanez.
"I only believe he saw part of (a gun), not a full gun, but I do believe he saw part of it" juror Dennis Ploussard said.
Ploussard said he didn't put too much weight into reviewing the Facebook live video captured by Diamond Reynolds, which showed the aftermath of the shooting. However, he did focus on the footage from Yanez's dash cam video.

Ploussard also said he believed Yanez showed remorse while on the stand.

The juror said there were two hold out jurors during the deliberation process.

"I know in both their minds they thought that Yanez didn't see a gun," he said. "That was the biggest part."

Ploussard said he almost walked out of the jury room Friday afternoon, however, the two hold out jurors changed their votes.
Ploussard said he still agrees with the acquittal of the former officer, but said it was hard to see the Castile family in the courtroom.

"When I was in court and they read the verdict I didn't feel too good, because I saw the Castile family and their hurt," he said.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:57 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
This is true. But whose responsibility is it to change that perception?
In my opinion, black people.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:58 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Perhaps you can point out where it's listed here:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/mem...epresentatives
Pardon the confusion, absolutely my fault - didn't clarify what I was trying to express, I agree with your following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Twitter shows @OfficialFL28 is Rep. Roger Hancock, not the person you're showing in your post.

He says he's the Republican Representative of Florida's 28th district.

His account isn't verified, which is odd for a public figure.

His tweets are racist, which is odd for a public figure.

Oh wait! There seems to be a problem.

Florida only has 27 congressional districts.

Have any more fake news you want to spread?
Agree it is fake news & particularly deceptive because of the relatively recent restructuring. The made up district mimics the made up twitter account for the made up Representative. GIGO. Often amazed at the lengths some folks will go to deceive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
HAhahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa

Great point......
Not a clue what's meant here.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:58 AM

Interesting read.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.g...Fid%3D40402933

Why Police Aren't Trained to Shoot to Wound

Old 06-17-2017, 11:01 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Well, they don't train to wound or kill, they train to eliminate the threat.

If a person is pointing a gun at a police officer or other person, the use of deadly force is authorized. Police do not have to "wait to see" if the person with the gun actually intends to shoot the gun. I support all of these.

This said, was Castile an immediate threat? If your answer is yes, please explain? I am not being snarky or difficult, just want to learn something here.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:01 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As it should. This Castile guy AT WORST may have misunderstood the instructions, but there's no way that he was aggressive with this cop in any way. Especially because I'm positive that he told the cop that he had a legal pistol with a permit. So why would he turn into this big scary criminal all of a sudden? A guy who is a manager of a kiddie lunchroom at some local school? He's a big thug all of a sudden?

This cop is an IDIOT!! And other expert testimony from police said more than once that Yanez totally screwed the episode up and was procedurally unsound. Castile wasn't about to shoot Yanez with a girl and a baby in the damn car.
Yanez certainly was not smart or calm during the traffic stop! Yanez botched the standard police procedure. Under cross examination he admitted he did not immediately tell Castile to put his hands on the steering wheel and leave them there. Think I mentioned earlier he changed his story about where the gun was on the stand from where he said it was in an interview after the incident. Would like someone to interview a few jury members about that discrepancy, though we have to accept the decision. I know how it is and have served on a jury in a homicide trial.

I just read that the first judge selected for this case was a black man and highly respected with the 2nd longest tenure in Minnesota, but they dismissed him when the defense objected. Will try to find the link.

As to the NRA, I am also puzzled by their silence in this case.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
He certainly was not smart or calm during the traffic stop! Yanez botched the standard police procedure. Under cross examination he admitted he did not immediately tell Castile to put his hands on the steering wheel and leave them there. Think I mentioned earlier he changed his story about where the gun was on the stand from where he said it was in an interview after the incident. Would like someone to interview a few jury members about that discrepancy, though we have to accept the decision. I know how it is and have served on a jury in a homicide trial.

I just read that the first judge selected for this case was a black man and highly respected with the 2nd longest tenure in Minnesota, but they dismissed him when the defense objected. Will try to find the link.

As to the NRA I am also puzzled by their silence in this case
I'm not. I know exactly why they do not comment on these cases.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:03 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Pardon the confusion, absolutely my fault - didn't clarify what I was trying to express, I agree with your following:

Agree it is fake news & particularly deceptive because of the relatively recent restructuring. The made up district mimics the made up twitter account for the made up Representative. GIGO. Often amazed at the lengths some folks will go to deceive.

Not a clue what's meant here.

Okay, got it. Not a problem - I've done the same thing more than once.

I think he was saying 'great point' that this was fake news, following maniacal laughter...lol.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
and the answer is "I don't know". So I have nothing to tell "US".

I just offered a solution, (shall I say? a suggestion - better training) and I don't have any magic answers. Maybe you do?
I'm fine with better training. I disagree that because "some other countries" have fewer, presumably larger (though not necessarily in the case of Canada) police forces, that's what we should do.

I'm a great believer in this: "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/q...cke129796.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies