Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2017, 09:06 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Because he reached for something, as a CCP holder, you say you have a gun and a permit....not just a gun...

This has been answered, go back and comprehend the replies to your posts....

What I would provide is not gossip, it's my opinion based on your comments that you have stated throughout this website.

You support BLM....you figure it out since you seem to be the know all see all.....
What did he reach for and who told you that he didn't state that he had a legal permit?

And I want YOUR answer. Did Castile have Second Amendment rights? Why won't you answer?

And yep. I now fully support BLM. I'm black. I will stand with my people from now on on this issue.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:08 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,600,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why else would he be shot. He committed no crime. None. Nothing. Zero. Zilch.

So why else would he be dead outside of being executed for the reasons he was pulled over; a wide set nose and a broken tail light.
So you can't prove it, that's all you had to say.

There are a multitude of reasons as to why a person would be shot during a routine traffic stop, I hope your simple deduction skills are able to grasp that.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:12 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
This is just scary.

To my knowledge if you have a weapon, assuming legally, you are obligated to inform a police officer immediately upon contact.

Mr. Castile did exact that, told the officer he had a gun and a permit and he still got shot.

I think this particular officer at the very least is unfit; he seemed overly "jumpy" and nervous, and he overreacted. I think officers like him need better training.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:13 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,778 times
Both sides screwed up.

The cop acted way to fast. He should have asked him to put his hands in the air.
Castile had marijuana in his system. He should have stopped reaching for whatever he was reaching for when the cop told him to stop.

This didn't have to happen. Very sad situation.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:14 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
NOW??????

Hahahahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Anyone with a 1st grade education knew you were nothing more from the very beginning....

Morales...............................HAhahahahaha hahahhahaaaaaa
Nothing more than what, and who is Morales? I have more than a first grade education and I can tell you that your post was unintelligible.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:17 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I made several posts addressing this issue already. To me, it is all about police training! You should make an independent post because it is not like I disagreed with YOU. sheesh
I didn't say you disagreed with me. I just pointed out my disagreement with part of your post. Sheesh back at ya

Old 06-17-2017, 09:19 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I didn't say you disagreed with me. I just pointed out my disagreement with part of your post. Sheesh back at ya
well, if you don't want to read all my posts in this thread and just chose to focus on ONE part, I have no words for you. I think you are one of those posters just like to argue for the sake of arguing.

By the way, this is my entire post

It's my personal belief that there should be mandatory education in America about how to interact with police officers. This is by no means a suggestion that Mr. Castile did anything wrong. He most certainly did not deserve what happened to him. I think that education may help prevent future tragedies.

When interacting with police officers, you need to do exactly what they tell you to do. You do not ever want to do anything that may cause an officer to fear for his safety or the safety of others. They put their lives on the line every single day. Many officers have been killed during traffic stops.

This said, I think this particular officer should have gone into another line of work.

We can have an armed society with excellent police officers, or a disarmed society with the nervous jumpy officers. But when we have an armed society with the officers like Yanez, you get a dead Mr. Castile, and a scared officer screeching like a prepubescent child.

Sad.

By the way, this case is a wake up for me, I absolutely believe there should be mandatory education in America about how to interact with police officers because God knows when they will introduce New style of police training aims to produce 'guardians,' not 'warriors'. sheesh

Old 06-17-2017, 09:23 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You should be opening your eyes TO the Republican mindset. Black folks should be the most independent, conservative people in this country. They should be for gun rights and above all, less intrusion in their lives by this government that has been hell for them. From slavery to Jim Crow to welfare..big government has been the enemy of the African American in this country.
While that is true that big government has been the enemy of black Americans the Republicans don't support small government when it comes to drugs. In fact they are worse than the Democrats.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:28 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,895 times
So I'm watching commentary about the trial. The EMT testified they had to dig deep in philando's pockets to get his weapon. Yanez partner was on the other side of the car with thumbs in vest clearly not seeing a threat.

Was it even determined that castille tail light was even out?

This is just a case of officer encounters black man and is instantly scared. There has to be a way weed those types off the force.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
So you can't prove it, that's all you had to say.

There are a multitude of reasons as to why a person would be shot during a routine traffic stop, I hope your simple deduction skills are able to grasp that.
And those "multitude of reasons" to JUSTIFY shooting someone during a routine traffic stop include committing no crime whatsoever?

Really now? Gimme some reasons for justifiably shooting a law abiding citizen that is committing no crime during a routine traffic stop that would make sense to the both of us! Just two reasons. More if you'd like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies