Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2017, 01:26 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
The people who are taking this seriously should be embarrassed.

What is a dumb thing to say? Absolutely it was. Is Johnny Depp a threat to the president? Absolutely not.

And I guarantee you the OP and everyone else in this thread knows that.
Oh really? Sort of like no one took that other nutjob seriously until he showed up shooting the Republicans out on the ball field?

No one took him seriously either, even though he'd been posted violent anti-Trump stuff on facebook and various anti-Trump forums for a while leading up to the shooting.

Sure, Depp may not be the one who intends to do something, but Depp sure puts out stuff to all his fans, followers and worshipers. Much like how ISIS manipulates their fans, followers, and worshipers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 01:28 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did he have a visit by the men in black suits...yep.....

But obviously you have no clue in the difference in a death thread and a blow job......
Inviting one to suck on your shotgun is definitely more of a death threat than asking an audience when the last time was that an actor killed a president.

One is a direct indication of a desire to harm. The other is a question. A simple question.

You can take it as possibly meaning more, but you'd be reading more into it that may or may not exist.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Again, what he said was inappropriate. Yes.

But are some Trumpers trying to convince us that Johnny Depp is truly a threat to Trump's life?

This guy?!

Yeah.... it's hilarious. He's obviously not going to go hang out around Trump any time soon. If he ever has.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Man.

These hollywood actors have sure gone off the deep end. Especially when they found out that America doesn't care what they have to say.

How many of them kept their promise and moved to Canada? That says it all.
Why's that tubby, old Limbaugh jackass still here? He was supposed to be gone several years ago, no?

Old 06-23-2017, 01:31 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Inviting one to suck on your shotgun is definitely more of a death threat than asking an audience when the last time was that an actor killed a president.

One is a direct indication of a desire to harm. The other is a question. A simple question.

You can take it as possibly meaning more, but you'd be reading more into it that may or may not exist.
are you claiming that nugent actually, in person, told Obama to suck on his machine gun (not shotgun)?

do you have any evidence for that?

did nugent have a machine gun with him when this occurred?

Old 06-23-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I agree with you completely. I am not debating that at all, his lame attempt at a joke was in poor taste.

I am simply pointing out how crazy some people sound who are actually trying to take it seriously as if Johnny ****ing Depp, Mr. Jack Sparrow himself, is actually a threat to harm the president in any way. That is ridiculous.
They do not believe he's a threat. They just love to gripe.

And... let's face it. Any time someone says something about Donny Two-Scoops, it makes them doubt their decision to support a complete and utter LOSER.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:33 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
He is now in the idiot category.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
are you claiming that nugent actually, in person, told Obama to suck on his machine gun?

do you have any evidence for that?

did nugent have a machine gun with him when this occurred?
Did Johnny Depp pose a threat all the way over in England, standing on a stage someplace holding a guitar or the like?

Nugent walks around holding guns way more often than Depp holds any sort of weapons. Of that I am certain.

And, everyone swore that Madonna was a grave danger for saying she wanted to blow up the White House, but that she would not.

Was she holding a stick of dynamite? Does she have a history of blowing things up?

Nope. But, crazy old pedophile Nugent has a history of shooting stuff.

So, if I had to guess which was the bigger threat...

Well, if you cannot sort that out.

But, I guess it was okay when he was threatening the black man you wanted to see out of the White House, eh?

I don't personally think any of these celebs are going to harm a president. They are too used to not being in prison and all that.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
He is now in the idiot category.
You thought he was a genius before? He's an ACTOR.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:37 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
the point is that celebrities, comics, movies, make statements or a plot...and there are nut jobs out there that will follow what was said or produced

Lone assassin John Hinckley's attempt on US President Ronald Reagan's life (Monday 30 March 1981) was triggered by Robert De Niro's obsessive Travis Bickle and his plot to assassinate a presidential candidate

people like Kathy griffen, and johnny depp, need to think before they speak

I don't believe Johnny was trying to be mean,,, but words do have consquences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies