Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2017, 01:38 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Did Johnny Depp pose a threat all the way over in England, standing on a stage someplace holding a guitar or the like?

Nugent walks around holding guns way more often than Depp holds any sort of weapons. Of that I am certain.

And, everyone swore that Madonna was a grave danger for saying she wanted to blow up the White House, but that she would not.

Was she holding a stick of dynamite? Does she have a history of blowing things up?

Nope. But, crazy old pedophile Nugent has a history of shooting stuff.

So, if I had to guess which was the bigger threat...

Well, if you cannot sort that out.

But, I guess it was okay when he was threatening the black man you wanted to see out of the White House, eh?

I don't personally think any of these celebs are going to harm a president. They are too used to not being in prison and all that.
you couldn't answer my question? it was a very easy one.

try again? without urping up another slew of nonsense, preferably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 01:39 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
That evil Bernie supporter that shot Scalise and tried to massacre the Republican baseball players will listen to people who like Depp and other celebrities who are trying to incite hate, violence and murders against conservatives in general and trump in particular.
That mentally disturbed Bernie supporter would probably have listened to his Lucky Charms breakfast cereal just as easily as he'd listen to a celebrity. Come on.

Some people are just mentally deranged. I doubt that Johnny Depp is going to make someone do something they weren't already inclined to do.

Get back to me when he starts posting plans on the internet "just for fun" that "a patriot might want to use" and I'll say you have a point.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:39 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Johnny Depp has to be able to stand up first.

He has already apologized. Someone probably told him he better or they are dropping him.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:40 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Is addressing the extent to which Depp or anyone in the entertainment industry would desire themselves to be ignored worthwhile?

They are successful BECAUSE they seek attention and are good at it. All of them must know their words in a public venue like a stage setting during a performance have the possibility to "empower" some. They know this as surely as a Joyce Meyer or a Billy Graham know this.

Using that asset unwisely or mindlessly can be a dangerous thing. Surely people like Johnny could be expected to have the capacity to know this and respect the ability to the extent of avoiding this poor use of something he's taking for granted.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:42 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Which pretty much proves his point. Actors aren't a danger to presidents.
Did you leave out that crucial part that followed, something in the tune if it "being about time"? Or did I misinterpret something along the way?

Old 06-23-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Really? Every time any nut job does any amount of violence to a planned parenthood clinic, or a gay person gets hurt in any way, Christians get blamed.

What if a crazed fan decides to go out and do it? Will you blame Johnny Depp then?
Well, no. I mean, I would have to look at every other person in the spotlight or near that crazy person in some way to see if they were more influential. Or, check to see if the crazed person somehow already planned it.

I don't do kneejerk.

Also, I do not think that all Christians are to blame for the nuts who kill abortion doctors. It just so happens that some people who claim to be Christians tend to be the types to attack abortion clinics and gay folks.

I can work in fine detail.

It's really better not to generalize when things get serious. We can talk in generalizations all we want over stuff that's easier to talk about generally, but when it comes down to it, I don't think I would ever assume a whole group of people are responsible for the acts of a few. Ever.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Oh really? Sort of like no one took that other nutjob seriously until he showed up shooting the Republicans out on the ball field?

No one took him seriously either, even though he'd been posted violent anti-Trump stuff on facebook and various anti-Trump forums for a while leading up to the shooting.

Sure, Depp may not be the one who intends to do something, but Depp sure puts out stuff to all his fans, followers and worshipers. Much like how ISIS manipulates their fans, followers, and worshipers.
Did anyone really know much about the guy who shot the Congressmen? I had never heard of him before.

I took a look at his FB posts... they weren't really violent. I have seen worse from people that I would bet my retirement accounts would never go shoot anyone.

I've seen worse about Clinton and Obama from people that I'm quite sure would never actually harm either of them, either.

The shooter's FB was pretty typical of a Bernie supporter.

Also, if anyone worships Johnny Depp (though I enjoy some of his acting... he's quite whimsical)... then they're already mentally deranged.

Celebrity worship is stupid.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the point is that celebrities, comics, movies, make statements or a plot...and there are nut jobs out there that will follow what was said or produced

Lone assassin John Hinckley's attempt on US President Ronald Reagan's life (Monday 30 March 1981) was triggered by Robert De Niro's obsessive Travis Bickle and his plot to assassinate a presidential candidate

people like Kathy griffen, and johnny depp, need to think before they speak

I don't believe Johnny was trying to be mean,,, but words do have consquences
But... he only said "when is the last time an actor killed a president (I'm paraphrasing, but you get it)?"

Is that a call for all actors to consider an assassination attempt or something?

Gah.

It's mild.

Hinckley watched a movie. We have tons of movies about assassinations.

Do we stop making movies because some people are mentally unbalanced or do we get better mental healthcare in this country???

Old 06-23-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you couldn't answer my question? it was a very easy one.

try again? without urping up another slew of nonsense, preferably.
I have no clue whether or not he was holding any sort of gun at the exact moment he first uttered those words.

Neither do you. I may well have said that all the time to friends at his freak ranch.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Johnny Depp has to be able to stand up first.

He has already apologized. Someone probably told him he better or they are dropping him.
I doubt it.

He has nobody to drop him. Disney? I mean, if they want to quit making Pirates movies that can actually get people's behinds into seats at movie theaters, maybe?

He is way too rich to give a crap.

I suspect he apologized because he'd had a few sips of something strong to drink and realized the next day that people might take an offhand comment seriously because people are dummies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies