Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 08:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times

Advertisements

I don't know how they can be ignorant of that fact - unless they are ONLY watching Fox and reading breitbart. Republican politicians are secure in the fact that they can bluff their way through this - right into 2018 - because all they have to do is say 'We repealed Obamacare" and the sheep will eat it up even IF the money is coming directly out of their pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 08:58 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
I have to say I am one of those folks.

I don't know this cut at all. I hope they find a solution for low income folks.

Older people shouldn't lose a place to stay because of this.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 06-25-2017 at 09:17 AM..

Old 06-25-2017, 08:58 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,264,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
This terrifies me. And yes, it isn't Dumpf (though he certainly doesn't give a whit) its the repugs in the House and Senate. BUT it'll be Dumpf also when he signs it.

I know my son would at least try to take me in in the hopefully distant future should I live long enough to need help. He took me in when I became disabled - 2009 to 2016, that is 7 years, and he was working on his doctorate at the time (so was I, so much for that).

However sadly his wife (married last year, AFTER I had moved out) HATES me already. I shudder to think what that will progress to should I become more dependent on him than I already am in the hopefully distant future (but maybe not, with these cuts to Medicaid, I won't be able to afford my house payment any more when my premiums go up).

And just what is going to happen to people who don't have at least one child willing to take them in? Not to mention the ones who will "take (an elderly relative) in" but then abuse them, whether due to stress and frustration, lack of ability to provide the needed level of care, or just out of being mean.

Nobody cares about the elderly ALREADY. Folks are going to care even less once we've been totally run out of money and assets and nursing homes won't take us any more. You put someone in a nursing home out on the streets and they'll be dead before the door swings shut.

Yeah, turns out the death panels are real after all. Just list out every repugnican member of the house and senate and you'll know who they are.
https://www.gofundme.com/ maybe?

Old 06-25-2017, 08:59 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,028,155 times
lol...Dems still prefer a law written by health insurance companies and big pharma. Obamacare ends next year, not even a sniff from the Dems they have a plan to replace it. they'll lose big in 2018.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:00 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Sounds like the democrats want to be part of the solution but don't want to work with the party in power.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:01 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Why is it that so many people believe lies?

Doesn't make any difference what somebody did two years ago or ten years ago, we're looking at the future.

We've staved off the inevitable for years with Obamacare. The Republicans are clear that there is no fixing it (not that they ever tried. But we're here now). It's broken beyond repair.

It's either Single-Payer or every man for himself. That's the choice.

What will it be?

Old 06-25-2017, 09:01 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,872,320 times
It is pretty tough to cut costs without, you know, cutting costs.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:02 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
This is proof positive, people hear and see what they want.

Oh and if the media had all that power and ability to twist the mind's of people -- why haven't these people found out about the deep cuts.

Here is the narrative that will develop...it is the REPUBLICAN Congressmen and Senators not Trump...he just can't help it form happening and he has to do something about Obamacare so it will be something out of his control.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:04 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Republicans continue to cheer for their healthcare demise. The secrecy of how Republicans do business, highlighted by this attempt to pass a healthcare bill there has been no discussion on in Congress, or to the American people, once again exposes how Republicans do business.

The Republican voter seems trained to obey and support anything they do, and this is precisely because they don't know what their politicians are doing.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:06 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,520,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lol...Dems still prefer a law written by health insurance companies and big pharma. Obamacare ends next year, not even a sniff from the Dems they have a plan to replace it. they'll lose big in 2018.
Mitch with the big chins, stated that they had help from big Pharma and the insurance companies writing this disaster they are trying to push through.

Until something is written without their input, we will get the crap we are.

I am shaking my head over this coming disaster. I'ts like a certain part of our population has lost their minds. Or never had them to begin with. They aren't even competent enough to think about what is in their own best interest.

There might be a certain percentage of the population who are just sick of seeing the insanity. So they watch nothing. I was in that space for awhile but then said to myself I need to know what is going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies