Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 09:05 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times

Advertisements

now dont be dishonest EXM, my source was valid and a DIRECT QUOTE of a Republican, (which is why you pretended it was fake. and shame on you for doing so).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 09:07 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So....I guess we should go back to fining those that can't afford health insurance instead?
Out of curiosity, do you prefer the 6 month waiting period (current senate bill) to the 30% markup of the House bill?

Old 06-27-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Okay, so you are rich. Yes, being rich will give you the access you need even in Europe.

But now you're complaining that the poor people in the US don't have the proper care, similarly to Europe?

Listen my friend, I have most of my family and all my friends living back in NL. They are doing pretty well (middle class+?), but I can give you multiple examples how terrible HC in the Europe is. And I've personally experiences the European System, The pre-ObamaCare American System and the the ACA. By far the pre-ObamaCare system worked the best. They simply had to add more low-income folks to Medicaid and that's it. No, leave it to the liberals.

Anyway, you're talking to an European American with 30 years of experience living in Europe, and multiple relatives/friends living abroad. I'm sure you know better. Oh wait, I forgot - you had the money to get whatever insurance you like. Lucky you.
Dont put words in my mouth, at the time i had very little money and was struggling to get my first business off the ground. But i had a suspected brain tumor and wanted my scans right away. yep i used some of my EMERGENCY funds to cover the costs. If it turned out to be a tumor i would have been taken care of right away no monies required. (lucky it did not and i was just out of pocket).

Your claims that the US system pre Obamacare worked better than the EU is patently false, demonstrable false and you expose yourself as a fraud by claiming it was.

Shame on you for misrepresenting healthcare in the EU simply to prop up your cult and its leader. shame on you.

I am happy to debate specifics of systems but you continue to pretend your very limited localised experiences portray EU services THEY DO NOT. And what is more nobody in the EU needs to be rich to afford additional private coverage and YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS but ignore it because it crushes you little fantasy.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:17 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,782,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
now dont be dishonest EXM, my source was valid and a DIRECT QUOTE of a Republican, (which is why you pretended it was fake. and shame on you for doing so).

Since when is politifact a fake source? Did you actually read the article?

Old 06-28-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Again shame on you are misrepresenting the truth. Judging by how you are misrepresenting the politifact article should i assume you are misrepresenting your experiences in the EU too?

The politifact story for a start say HALF TRUTH.. ie not hundreds but still very many.

Furthermore i made it clear that YOU are the person who pretended the GOP had zero input, and you got CAUGHT OUT.

the GOP itself says that they got 29 substantive changes made to ACA. Are you calling the GOP liars? Are you really claiming that everyone is wrong except you?

how many times and how many links to direct quotes from the GOP will it take for you to accept that you are wrong?

1? 2? 1000? I believe that you simply don't care about facts and instead came here to say whatever it takes, make up any version of reality to support your desire to defund medicaid, in the hopes you might save a few dollars.
Quote:
That said, some context: Of the 788 amendments filed, 67 came from Democrats and 721 from Republicans. (That disparity drew jeers that Republicans were trying to slow things down. Another explanation may be that they offered so many so they could later claim—as they are now, in fact, claiming—that most of their suggestions went unheeded.) Only 197 amendments were passed in the end—36 from Democrats and 161 from Republicans. And of those 161 GOP amendments, Senate Republicans classify 29 as substantive and 132 as technical.

Slate examines the GOP amendments to a Senate health care bill.
(please explain directly and clearly how that is "fake" , 29 real and meaningful changes is 29 more than the GOP is allowing the DEMs..)

Will you address this. no of course not, you know the GOP is lying when they say they did not get to debate or make changes to Obamacare, but you dont care. You are so deeply invested in Trump you would rather throw the nation under the bus just to "win".

Oh look here is another link

Quote:
Almost no one is noting the extraordinary influence Republicans had on the healthcare reform bill crafted by the Senate, as it made its way through the committee process last year. The bill approved by Sen. Christopher Dodd’s Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee, for instance, included 161 amendments authored by Republicans. Only 49 Republican amendments were rejected out of 210 considered. Yet the bill got zero Republican votes when it passed out of the committee.
Fact-checking the GOP on healthcare reform - Salon.com

and what makes all of this such a bigger lie that the GOP is telling is a very simple truth.

The democrats wanted a single payer system and full universal healthcare. But as a compromise they offered a middle of the road plan that was very much like the existing Republican plan already running in massachusetts....

Old 06-28-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
i would add i notice you are no longer defending your nonsense ref healthcare being better before Obamacare...

Did you look it up and go pale realizing just how silly your claim sounds to anyone who was denied any coverage at all pre ACA. Did you figure out how many people (including my neighbor) lost their homes when they lost insurance and nobody would cover them?

Did you suddenly figure out just how backwards you have gotten everything, and instead just decide to argue good old right wing "FAKE NEWS" instead of debate?

My guess is you know how wrong you have gotten this, you have learned a little and are starting to wonder why you ever even believed in TRump.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:25 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,782,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
i would add i notice you are no longer defending your nonsense ref healthcare being better before Obamacare...

Did you look it up and go pale realizing just how silly your claim sounds to anyone who was denied any coverage at all pre ACA. Did you figure out how many people (including my neighbor) lost their homes when they lost insurance and nobody would cover them?

Did you suddenly figure out just how backwards you have gotten everything, and instead just decide to argue good old right wing "FAKE NEWS" instead of debate?

My guess is you know how wrong you have gotten this, you have learned a little and are starting to wonder why you ever even believed in TRump.

Unlike probably you I have a job, so I can't respond immediately.

I made my case, provided facts, real life examples, links to politifact. If you want to keep on posting far left sources, fine.

Personally, I'm happy to have Trump is my President. If only for the fact he'll pick at least 1-2 more SCOTUS justices who will shut down any liberal nonsense for the next 20 years or so. Good night.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:33 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,498,256 times
Quote:
Unlike probably you I have a job, so I can't respond immediately.

I made my case, provided facts, real life examples, links to politifact. If you want to keep on posting far left sources, fine.

Personally, I'm happy to have Trump is my President. If only for the fact he'll pick at least 1-2 more SCOTUS justices who will shut down any liberal nonsense for the next 20 years or so. Good night.
Yet trump during his campaign described his desire for something that would equate to universal healthcare. Prior to the elections actually used those exact words in interviews. Since election praised the healthcare system of Australia and Canada.

So I guess you voted for trump for other reasons than his stance on healthcare.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:11 PM

809 posts, read 747,558 times
Quote:
It's not bull****. It happens all the time with Europeans. Americans go abroad for lower costs (e.g. IVF treatment), Europeans go abroad for quicker access to care, and better quality care.

I removed the bold headlines, but I figured I know where you stand now.

Signed, an European expat.
My experience is that the US has the worst spine care in the civilized world. Some Americans that can research their options go to Europe for spine surgery that's decades more advanced than that in the US.

Why would a US spine surgeon learn new techniques when they make more money with antiquated procedures? In addition, our insurance companies label procedures "experimental" even though they've been successful in Europe for decades. A profit driven healthcare system can have some horrible results.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:23 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Personally I Love it. The Repubs had over 6 Years to come up with something that would replace ACA, they have now Proven Beyond Doubt that they have no answers to anything other than rhetoric. How to get a Political Party to hang themselves, give them all the power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies