Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 02:25 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times

Advertisements

Not sure why you all need to pull up a supposed "liberal" to legitimize your own POVs.

If you support Trump, then good for you.

For those who don't, they have their reasons as well.

But honestly, it is silly to put some guy from YouTube on as a source of some "good" or "better" political opinion. There are people on YouTube who believe the earth is flat and people are really lizards lol.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:29 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/user/whitehouse

Live now from the white house----made in America product showcase.
So now everything the CBO says is fake news?

Old 07-17-2017, 04:10 PM

152 posts, read 186,092 times
Don't blame Republicans for being disgusted with the government... they just blamed the wrong party and chose the wrong representative to cure their woes...

Old 07-17-2017, 08:18 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical View Post
Don't blame Republicans for being disgusted with the government... they just blamed the wrong party and chose the wrong representative to cure their woes...
The Never Trump was an RNC plan to stop Trump. There were those in the GOP, that knew, Trump was not a person that could, 'cure their woes', but do the opposite.

In 2012 (this I find fascinating) Ron Paul was gaining popularity, even with the media black outs on his campaign Ron was making sense in all the right places. So much so, it scared the GOP. At the RNC that year, they voted on the rule(s) and adopted, that delegates could not unbind themselves at the convention. That put a stop to Ron Paul. (why he is still playing footsie with them I will never understand)

In 2016 in their Never Trump, Stop Trump initiative, they were thwarted by what they had done with the rule(s), at the RNC in 2012.

'Never Trump' Republicans on Being Ignored Amid RNC Chaos - Rolling Stone

"Convention delegates opposed to Trump attempted to force a roll-call vote on the convention floor, seeking to block the rules governing the convention — including rules binding delegates to specific candidates. "
_______

Had they not changed their rules in 2012 ...

Old 07-17-2017, 10:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/user/whitehouse

Live now from the white house----made in America product showcase.
Not one of Trump's products on display. Donald or Ivanka. They do 100 million in product.

"The rules for thee but not for me"

Old 07-18-2017, 05:56 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It is irrational and illogical action for those segments of voters.

How don't go from voting for a guy who supports action on climate change, supports global trade, supports diversity, pioneered ACA-type healthcare...to a guy who denies climate change, wants isolationism, wants to crack down on minorities, and wants to do the exact opposite on healthcare?

Irrespective of which philosophy is right, people who go from one to the other are probably not very intellectually mature; they may as well flip a coin.

I get that a segment of people did it; I also get that a segment of people are dumb. That's normal in a democratic republic.
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:03 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
I like to know who voted for this freaking guy. It's always I am an independent I didn't even vote for the guy. Not buying it.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:04 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The Never Trump was an RNC plan to stop Trump. There were those in the GOP, that knew, Trump was not a person that could, 'cure their woes', but do the opposite.

In 2012 (this I find fascinating) Ron Paul was gaining popularity, even with the media black outs on his campaign Ron was making sense in all the right places. So much so, it scared the GOP. At the RNC that year, they voted on the rule(s) and adopted, that delegates could not unbind themselves at the convention. That put a stop to Ron Paul. (why he is still playing footsie with them I will never understand)

In 2016 in their Never Trump, Stop Trump initiative, they were thwarted by what they had done with the rule(s), at the RNC in 2012.

'Never Trump' Republicans on Being Ignored Amid RNC Chaos - Rolling Stone

"Convention delegates opposed to Trump attempted to force a roll-call vote on the convention floor, seeking to block the rules governing the convention — including rules binding delegates to specific candidates. "
_______

Had they not changed their rules in 2012 ...
Ron Paul was unelectable because of his extreme views on abortion.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:04 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V62s5hgi-Zk

A young Democrat who saw the light-----good.
Wants to be the next alex jones?

Old 07-18-2017, 06:08 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Not one of Trump's products on display. Donald or Ivanka. They do 100 million in product.

"The rules for thee but not for me"
While, admittedly, if they had any of the trump products on display, it would have been lept upon as blatant advertising of their own businesses... but, on the other hand, it was American Made products in the spotlight, so their products don't qualify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies