Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 09:33 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
HMMMMM Chicago=Obama cult propaganda. Hot bed of political corruption. Maybe you should broaden your horizons. Just saying.

So here we go with empty rhetoric again. I swear every Trump supporter I've tried to have an intelligent conversation with ends the same way. Why do emotional thinkers often resort to troll rhetoric? This is not high school. Talk to me in bottom line facts. (Yes I know very well about the hot bed of corruption. My father in law was in deep in his day) The parallels between Trump's sketchy business dealings, lies, and the company he keeps has me disturbed. You can ass/u/me and toss ignorant comments all day, but that doesn't get to an intelligent bottom line conversation. Well, if that's all you're capable of, then I will wish you a good day and continue on my dead end quest to have an intelligent fact based conversation with a real Trump supporter that doesn't think in terms of emotional rhetoric.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:57 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,314,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
So here we go with empty rhetoric again. I swear every Trump supporter I've tried to have an intelligent conversation with ends the same way. Why do emotional thinkers often resort to troll rhetoric? This is not high school. Talk to me in bottom line facts. (Yes I know very well about the hot bed of corruption. My father in law was in deep in his day) The parallels between Trump's sketchy business dealings, lies, and the company he keeps has me disturbed. You can ass/u/me and toss ignorant comments all day, but that doesn't get to an intelligent bottom line conversation. Well, if that's all you're capable of, then I will wish you a good day and continue on my dead end quest to have an intelligent fact based conversation with a real Trump supporter that doesn't think in terms of emotional rhetoric.
Some people who voted for Trump were not not hard core supporters. They simply chose him because they saw him as the "less worse" alternative to Hillary Clinton. Most of those people are pretty rational. I personally think the best thing we can do is just give most of them time to see Trump for what he is. They will convince themselves ultimately he is not a fit President and I believe most will not vote for him a second time. The democrats simply need to nominate a credible candidate who cannot be accused of some sort of corruption. I don't worry so much about this first group.

Its the hard core supporters I fear the most. Pollsters tell me they comprise about 25% or one quarter of all the people who voted in the last election. They are a sad group. Its among this group that the phrase "MSM' or mainstream media originates. They believe things like:

1. The media has invented scandals to try to destroy Trump.

2. Trump is either the greatest or one of the greatest men to ever be President.

3. There is a conspiracy of gays, feminists, and blacks out to destroy America and the values it is supposed to stand for.

4. News sources other than Breibart, the Drudge Report and other right wing websites contain the only accurate news in the country. Even Fox News is untrustworthy.

5. The only discrimination that exists in America is against white people.

6. The entire western word is under assault from Muslims.

7. The government is constantly trying to find ways to take away our right to bear firearms.

All of these reasons are founded upon emotion rather than facts. People committed to such a world view cannot have a rational discussion about issues. When facts are presented, they are inevitably declared to be "fake news" or irrelevant.

Its sad that so many people like this exist. It is a sad reality of life in America in 2017.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:31 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
But the reasons libs say "he's not really president" is based on the fact that he lost the popular vote. When O bashers said it, they just didn't like him....

I watched this whole clip. Guy made 2 good points about the drug busts and human trafficking. He should have led w that. I'm surprised at myself that I even kept watching when he obviously left out Fox news in his list of "fake news." I am beyond sick of Cult 45 conspiracy theories.

If people are so sick of "Fake News," how about someone set up a site keeping lists of his actual accomplishments backed by *actual sources?* A REPUTABLE site to other actual Americans that fact finding people might like to read. (With the obvious understanding that it is not aimed toward the small close minded small subset of hard core liberals who doesn't want to hear it.)

I'm also sick of how 45 keeps taking credit for the economy /stock market. It is less than 6 months in. This is as ridiculous as the O haters who STILL won't admit that the economy recovered during his term.

How do you win the popular vote in a four way race without winning a majority?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies