Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 06:15 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
That was a fake quote I guess.
Well CNN and snopes both say it's fake, and since I normally assume both sources are full of it, that might mean the quote is real. You probably tend to trust those sources though, so we're both in a bit of a pickle right now.

That Donald Trump quote calling Republicans dumb? Fake! - CNNPolitics.com

Old 07-18-2017, 06:19 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
When I thought it was going to be Jeb! vs Hillary! in 2016 I was planning on either sitting the election out or voting third party. Frankly I was and am sick of the establishments of both parties. they are both trying to sell us out for their enrichment. Then Trump came along and stood up to both establishments like a bull in a China shop ready to smash the whole thing down. That and his stated stances on globalism and border control are the reasons I voted for him. And make no mistake, I voted for Trump, not the republican candidate.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:26 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Is this what WE Americans deserve too? A buffoon in office who makes outlandish promises he can't deliver so he can ascend to the highest office in the country.... Who has make a mockery of our democracy by adding lobbyists, Wall St types and anyone close to him to the various departments - nevermind the competency requirement! If you can pledge loyalty to him, line his pocket or are related to him in some way, you're in! Do you seriously think these people are serving because they want to be civil servants?

And did you not hear what Trump said about just repealing Obamacare if there's not vote? How he actually wants the market to collapse?

The 2 parties have their flaws but the main reason why we won't get a significant legislative achievement passed this year isn't due to them, it's due to Trump. He is the president but has done nothing so far to help his own party get a bill through to the finish line. In fact, he has done the complete opposite by sabotaging their efforts ....
We definitely don't deserve it. That said I agree I am tired of all the coverage in every stupid thing Trump does. We have become the joke of the world and aren't helping ourselves with this news coverage. The media is turning us into a reality show.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:41 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I guess I'm in a similar place, tho I took a different path than this guy to get there.

The media have been obnoxious in their treatment of this president. Even though I did not vote for him, when CNN goes on a 72 hour meltdown over one of his tweets it is hard not to come down on his side.

I feel the congressional republicans are crooks, but the congressional democrats are offering me no better alternative. I hate this healthcare bill they are pushing. But I don't want single payer either. I certainly don't want Nancy Pelosi to be Speaker of the House again, but the Democrats don't want to change anything in their leadership.

I am sick of hearing about Russia every five seconds.

I am sick of hearing how Trump "isn't presidential" when Democrats were so livid that the republicans flung that at Obama every 10 seconds.

Basically, both of these parties are so corrupt, partisan, and hypocritical. So the fact that this man is president and none of them want him there is kind of perfect and just what we need. And I have come to appreciate his great sense of humor. Both of these parties have terrible ideas that would destroy America, so non-ideological Trump in the White House to block them is kind of perfect.

I didn't vote for him! I wish it hadn't come to this point. But if these parties, and it IS both parties, want to be so childish, then this is what they deserve.
Fascinating. You support a bully because you feel he's being bullied?

Old 07-18-2017, 06:48 AM

937 posts, read 700,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma View Post
Trump himself said he ran on GOP because they aren't bright.
Was that another of his retractions of a previous statement, or was that the original statement and we are waiting for a 'correction'?

Old 07-18-2017, 08:00 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
animalcrazy----you are from Chicago---you might be a bit biased. Roll eyes.

Machine politics and the presidential office are two different animals. Maybe I'm disillusioned with this white house because I recognize the parallels? State wide corruption is in itself insidious, but give someone who is sketchy, untrustworthy, and nefarious that kind of power and it is a recipe for disaster.

Maybe you should broaden your horizons a tad and read something more then Trump daddy cult propaganda. I stand by every detail I've written because I believe that country should come before party or politician. We can agree to disagree, but we do have to respect each others opinions. I find people that have to result to insults as weak. Give me some facts to argue. Do some research instead of relying on rhetoric as gospel.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:15 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Machine politics and the presidential office are two different animals. Maybe I'm disillusioned with this white house because I recognize the parallels? State wide corruption is in itself insidious, but give someone who is sketchy, untrustworthy, and nefarious that kind of power and it is a recipe for disaster.

Maybe you should broaden your horizons a tad and read something more then Trump daddy cult propaganda. I stand by every detail I've written because I believe that country should come before party or politician. We can agree to disagree, but we do have to respect each others opinions. I find people that have to result to insults as weak. Give me some facts to argue. Do some research instead of relying on rhetoric as gospel.
HMMMMM Chicago=Obama cult propaganda. Hot bed of political corruption. Maybe you should broaden your horizons. Just saying.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:19 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The Never Trump was an RNC plan to stop Trump. There were those in the GOP, that knew, Trump was not a person that could, 'cure their woes', but do the opposite.

In 2012 (this I find fascinating) Ron Paul was gaining popularity, even with the media black outs on his campaign Ron was making sense in all the right places. So much so, it scared the GOP. At the RNC that year, they voted on the rule(s) and adopted, that delegates could not unbind themselves at the convention. That put a stop to Ron Paul. (why he is still playing footsie with them I will never understand)

In 2016 in their Never Trump, Stop Trump initiative, they were thwarted by what they had done with the rule(s), at the RNC in 2012.

'Never Trump' Republicans on Being Ignored Amid RNC Chaos - Rolling Stone

"Convention delegates opposed to Trump attempted to force a roll-call vote on the convention floor, seeking to block the rules governing the convention — including rules binding delegates to specific candidates. "
_______

Had they not changed their rules in 2012 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Ron Paul was unelectable because of his extreme views on abortion.
We will never know if the delegates would have unbound at the RNC of 2012 to bind with Ron Paul, because of the unethical practices of the GOP to change rules when it suits their agenda. Plain and simple it is those same unethical values, is what got us the unethical POTUS we have today ...

As for as
Ron Paul's extreme views on abortion

"get the federal government out of our personal lives" ...

Old 07-18-2017, 08:38 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Support anyone you want, will not change my mind in the least or the fact that trump is an inept narcissist a-hole that has no business sitting in the Oval Office. I would add that no matter oh many "examples" of someone from the middle or left supporting trump are dug up it will not change the minds of those that know trump is the worst and most embarrassing President that has ever managed to get elected in this country. My firm hope is he either resigns, is removed from office, or some other issue removes him and his family from our whitehouse, fumigate it then put Pence, or Ryan, into the office, the Nation cannot stand another 3.5 years of the moron.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:42 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
We will never know if the delegates would have unbound at the RNC of 2012 to bind with Ron Paul, because of the unethical practices of the GOP to change rules when it suits their agenda. Plain and simple it is those same unethical values, is what got us the unethical POTUS we have today ...

As for as
Ron Paul's extreme views on abortion

"get the federal government out of our personal lives" ...
I stopped watching at "most doctors agree abortion is never needed to save a woman's life". I heard Ron Paul speak a match for life rally, he was out of his effing mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies