Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 01:25 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Would have been a better statement to invite all Senators.
Yep.

Trump keeps forgetting that he's the President of everyone not just his followers.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 07-19-2017 at 02:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 01:41 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
One has to wonder why the news stations and the Democrats and the un-supporting Republicans have lost their minds. President gave a factual accounting of the effects of Obamacare. It will destroy our nation if it is not done away with is the verdict. It wasn't just his opinion, he gave chapter and verse and the reality is it will take more than the entire country is worth.

I go from channel to channel and the talking points I heard were plain crazy. This person doesn't like it, another group doesn't like it, still more groups don't like what he said. Why not ask this question? "What do you have against America being a free country?" If you don't get on board, that is what will happen. America will cease to be. People need to take care of their own health care and insurance.

Obama's goal always seemed to be to turn America into a communist country and by a lack of co-operation with the elected president you are helping him accomplish it. IT IS TIME TO STOP IT!

Old 07-19-2017, 02:12 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What I'm going to say is not coming from a liberal slant. I've grown more Independent in my political views. I feel like I have to tolerate that Trump is the President. I feel like this will be the long 4 to 8 years of my life. And the thing is, I know many people are going to call me a "snowflake" or other insult. I know there are many who have no empathy. This election merely highlights who deep the divides in this nation have always been. I look at the things Trump has said, and the way he conducts himself, it scares me. I've wondered if he would carry this same brutish behavior to the White House.

Still have any doubts?

Old 07-19-2017, 02:14 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
One has to wonder why the news stations and the Democrats and the un-supporting Republicans have lost their minds. President gave a factual accounting of the effects of Obamacare. It will destroy our nation if it is not done away with is the verdict. It wasn't just his opinion, he gave chapter and verse and the reality is it will take more than the entire country is worth.

I go from channel to channel and the talking points I heard were plain crazy. This person doesn't like it, another group doesn't like it, still more groups don't like what he said. Why not ask this question? "What do you have against America being a free country?" If you don't get on board, that is what will happen. America will cease to be. People need to take care of their own health care and insurance.

Obama's goal always seemed to be to turn America into a communist country and by a lack of co-operation with the elected president you are helping him accomplish it. IT IS TIME TO STOP IT!

OH NO!

Don't swallow the Trump BS and the COMMIES! will take over!

Please, Save us Donny, PLEASE!

Old 07-19-2017, 02:29 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Still have any doubts?
I was being conservative with my estimates. I figured he would carry his histrionic ways to the White House. I also have to stop asking why some people are so diehard for Trump. I voted for former President Obama, both times. I voted for former President Bush. I never felt either of them were above criticism.

Many of Trump's supports act like he can do no wrong. I have a few theories to such attitudes.

1) Some people are oblivious to Trump's histrionic, narcissistic behavior.
2) Some people write it off as "he's a good guy at heart", viewing Trump as a wealthier version of Archie Bunker.
3) Some people actually think and behave as Trump, therefore, can relate to him.
4) Some people understand that he has those really bad traits, but don't really care.
5) Some people might regret that they voted for Trump, but won't admit it. It's the fear of "I told you so". It is also that "it's us vs them" mentality. Basically, it's "we have buyers' remorse. We no longer like him. However, we hate those that don't like him even more, so we're going to put up this front as an 'up yours' to everyone else".

I think about all of the possibilities I just listed. It reminds me not of how far we've regressed. It reminds me of what has ALWAYS been there. It's not that hard to turn people against each other, when there was always an "us vs them" under the surface.

Old 07-19-2017, 02:32 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Trump has nothing to do with this. It is the responsibility of the Congress to present a bill for him to sign. President Trump has never threatened to veto anything.
Trump is sure threatening the senators though. Gaw, read about his lunch today. Who is he, the Godfather?
What a pr***.

Old 07-19-2017, 02:36 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

If you want to know what's going to destroy this country, just look to the man in charge. Totally clueless. It's all about his ego, how he made his promise to repeal and replace Obamacare. He doesn't give a rat's azz about this country or the people in it. It's all about saving face. He doesn't even know how the government works! Trying to strong arm senators and holding them hostage until they give him what he wants. Most of the people on Obamacare are his supporters for heaven's sake. This is not HIS business. He is NOT the CEO. Ridiculous behavior.

Old 07-19-2017, 02:43 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Trump has nothing to do with this. It is the responsibility of the Congress to present a bill for him to sign. President Trump has never threatened to veto anything.
All presidents have a hand in getting legislation passed. Have you ever read about how LBJ got the Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed? Presidents don't just sit back and sign things.

Old 07-19-2017, 02:56 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
"He was of no help," grumbled one GOP senator, who doubted that Trump would have done much to defend lawmakers from political attacks if the bill passed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdsL4kvp_I

Old 07-19-2017, 02:57 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Yep.

Trump keeps forgetting that he's the President of everyone not just his followers.
Trump considers them his enemies if they aren't his followers. There is no middle ground with him. His entire presidency seems to be focused on attacking his enemies, even enemies that weren't his enemies until he said so. He makes new enemies every day. That's his entire shtick - attacking people and making new enemies to attack.

This way he has no responsibility for anything and he controls the narrative. His followers go along with the routine and they parrot the attacks to his new enemies. He even attacked the pope for awhile there. Trump has a new ENEMY DU JOUR nearly every day. Sometimes it's a group, or a person or a company or a country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies